Premier Lg EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly, all the relegation sides have made it straight to the bottom...

View attachment 2098542

The 3 teams will definitely come from a combination of this lot.

Add in Man City with their points deductions and ManU might stay up

Incredibly, all the relegation sides have made it straight to the bottom...

View attachment 2098542

The 3 teams will definitely come from a combination of this lot.

You say 'straight to the bottom' despite Leicester being 15th.

You say 'straight to the bottom' despite Leicester being 15th.
What is confusing about that? They can't all be 20th? The point was that the teams from 15th down are (in my opinion) the ones that will be there all season.

What is confusing about that? They can't all be 20th? The point was that the teams from 15th down are (in my opinion) the ones that will be there all season.

The confusion is that you're 15th, which is reasonably far away from the bottom 3, with plenty of non-promoted clubs between you and the bottom 3. In fact the team rock bottom in 20th isn't even a promoted club.

Ipswich have had a pretty tough start to the season and you took a point against Spurs, it's not the end of the world just yet, even though you seem to think it is in every matchday thread.

The confusion is that you're 15th, which is reasonably far away from the bottom 3, with plenty of non-promoted clubs between you and the bottom 3. In fact the team rock bottom in 20th isn't even a promoted club.

Ipswich have had a pretty tough start to the season and you took a point against Spurs, it's not the end of the world just yet, even though you seem to think it is in every matchday thread.
What are you talking about? I'm not specifically talking about the promoted teams. I am saying that the 3 teams that are relegated at the end of the season will come from the current teams placed 15th - 20th.

You think one relegated team will come from a team currently not below 15th?

What are you talking about? I'm not specifically talking about the promoted teams. I am saying that the 3 teams that are relegated at the end of the season will come from the current teams placed 15th - 20th.

You think one relegated team will come from a team currently not below 15th?

I could easily see a Forest or Brentford getting sucked in, yes. Fulham too.

Your 'relegation sides' comment was a weird misnomer, I thought you meant the three promoted clubs. Saying 'the clubs at risk of being relegated are currently in the bottom 6 places' is hardly a huge insight otherwise. "Teams likely to have bad seasons have started the season badly" wow groundbreaking haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could easily see a Forest or Brentford getting sucked in, yes. Fulham too.

Your 'relegation sides' comment was a weird misnomer, I thought you meant the three promoted clubs. Saying 'the clubs at risk of being relegated are currently in the bottom 6 places' is hardly a huge insight otherwise. "Teams likely to have bad seasons have started the season badly" wow groundbreaking haha.
You said that about Fulham last season as well, they finished on 47 points. There's every chance 37 could keep you up this season, you really think they're 10 points worse off?

This early in the season it is. Last year looked similar to now, the season before had Liverpool in 16th after 3 games. Leeds were 3rd, Southampton 11th.

Not sure where I ever claimed it was a ground breaking claim? You're jumping to conclusions that were never intended...

You said that about Fulham last season as well, they finished on 47 points. There's every chance 37 could keep you up this season, you really think they're 10 points worse off?

This early in the season it is. Last year looked similar to now, the season before had Liverpool in 16th after 3 games. Leeds were 3rd, Southampton 11th.

Not sure where I ever claimed it was a ground breaking claim? You're jumping to conclusions that were never intended...

They've lost Paulinha, Muniz struggling to hit the ground running, yeah I think there's a reasonable chance they drop back on last season's performances.

I just don't really understand the confirmation bias you're employing. You're basically saying that the teams down the bottom are more likely to be relegated than the teams that have started better. No shit, they have less points on the board. Does that mean it's a done deal? No. Would it shock if three of the bottom 5 currently went down? No. But I don't understand the point you were trying to make?

"Incredibly, all the relegation sides have made it straight to the bottom" Not really incredible is it?

It'd be like me saying "Wow what a shock, the top 3 look likely to have the title winner amongst them'. I mean.. yeah?

Huge game, no Rice is a massive out.

We can hope that Ange's high line works in our favour and our pace can hurt them. Definitely not going to be easy and I won't be surprised if we lose.
Think we are seeing Sterling start? Trossard never plays well as a starter, and Martinellis form is less than desirable.

Think we are seeing Sterling start? Trossard never plays well as a starter, and Martinellis form is less than desirable.
Trossard hasn't taken his chances when he starts... (Very good off the bench)

I wouldn't start sterling.. would like to bring him off the bench for the last 20mins depending on how the game is balanced.

A potential banana peel game this one.
Who really knows. We're slowly integrating new players into the team (against Liverpool in week one we started with 8 players who were regulars in the Championship) and second half against Fulham we dominated the game without creating many chances. I don't think we'll really see how competitive we may be until after the second international break in a month's time. Given your start I'm not expecting to take any points this weekend but it will be a competitive game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back