Premier Lg EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

The players aren't making it easy for him. Saw two getting outraged over a throw in/corner being given against them when they clearly got the last touch. And the theatrics for every foul make it a lot harder on refs than it should be.

Last edited:
The players aren't making it wasy for him. Saw two getting outraged over a throw in/corner being given against them when they clearly got the last touch. And the theatrics for every foul make it a lot harder on refs than it should be.
That is nearly every game though

Szoboszlai kicked the ball away on a yellow to delay the restart too, and like I said when Rice got done on two yellows that it wouldn't take long for PGMOL inconsistency to rear its ugly head.

It was letter of the law for Rice, its not letter of the law this week and suddenly its about "the refs not making the game about themselves" when really its that Kavanagh has a long history now of making horrendous calls against Arsenal, and that Arsenal have to pressure the league to have him prevented from officiating Arsenal matches just as Liverpool did to stop having Darren England stop ruining their games.
It’s supposed to be letter of the law the keeper has six seconds to release it but it never gets called 🤷‍♂️

I think you've been paying too much attention to Arsenal conspiracy theorists.
It's irrelevant. Rice kicked the ball away with the sole purpose of delaying the restart.

It was soft, but it was a yellow card. Stupidity on his part.
I don’t necessarily have an issue with Rice getting a second. It’s the lack of consistency of the whole “letter of the law”.

Saliba fairly got one today. Robbo and TAA did the exact thing yesterday and got nothing.

I don’t think they should be yellows all the time but the inconsistent nature of it is a bit ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between the refs during the Bournemouth/Chelsea match and Gillet today its hard not to talk about how shambolic they are.
Nah, people just have this weird view that refereeing is incredibly easy and that every referee is the exact same.

Consistency is appalling in the league. You'll see an inconsistent decision 20 times a game.

It's why you just don't give the ref an opportunity to make a decision you don't like. Especially if you are already on a yellow.

Nah, people just have this weird view that refereeing is incredibly easy and that every referee is the exact same.
Not blaming them. It’s not an easy job but you can have the referee board etc saying certain things and then not being consistent with it.

Not blaming them. It’s not an easy job but you can have the referee board etc saying certain things and then not being consistent with it.
Consistency is nigh on impossible between different individuals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back