Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to suggest letting me sit behind the keeper and if he takes too long I get to shoot paintball at him.

Speeds up the game and fun for me.
Until you get someone like Eden Hazard who would come up and kick you. :tearsofjoy:

Within a month Legohead will be whinging about a team timewasting at the Emirates
The only silver lining to cheats stopping them the last two seasons. Arteta has no class and is hardly deserving of a winner's medal.

It would eliminate a bit of it. Arsenal would have still tried to stop the game like they did Raya pretending to cramp just so they could slow the momentum and let Arteta talk to his players
You could slow momentum still but you wouldn't lose game time as easily.

Not sure how else you eliminate it? Bring in strict timings for when a ball is out of play?

You could slow momentum still but you wouldn't lose game time as easily.

Not sure how else you eliminate it? Bring in strict timings for when a ball is out of play?
Unless it is a collision injury if a player needs to receice treatment make the player go off the pitch for 2 minutes or be subbed if you want to go back to 11. If you include keepers in that there is no way they would be sitting down

I don't see how the VAR didn't call over the referee for a review especially as it appears Oliver had his back turned on the whole incident and couldn't have possibly made a call on it.

By all accounts they looked at it and deemed it unsportsmanlike conduct (which it was) rather than violent conduct (which it wasnt).

Can't really believe anyone is advocating a red card and three match ban for any other reason than they want us to be without Haaland for three matches.

Gabriel had the right idea which was :we'll see them back at our place".

I think there's a few things about timewasting that could be looked at.

A shot clock type system for keepers taking goal kicks.

Goalkicks must be taken from the same side the ball goes out. Loads of timewasting by the keeper putting the ball down, going back and then deciding it needs to be put taken from the other side.

Enforce the rule that unless there's a danger to players or a head injury. Play on. There was a bizarre one on Sunday, where Oliver let play go on, Raya tried to kick it out and when he didn't make the sideline and we got possession he stopped play.

Don't allow tactical team meetings with the manager while someone is getting treated.

Book players when they start wasting time. They won't do it again (unless they're stupid). Refs tend to only book keepers in particular at the end of games.

Add time when teams timewaste. They do it because refs don't typically add enough time at the end of games.

Having looked at the Fabregas one and this one by Kounde

I don't see how the VAR didn't call over the referee for a review especially as it appears Oliver had his back turned on the whole incident and couldn't have possibly made a call on it.

Hilarious, good for Jordi Alba. If you’re stupid enough to throw the ball at someone like that like it’s dodgeball, then you deserve that player to play act like that and cause you to receive a red card.

Last edited:
I dont like City at all but also... Arsenal are just as unlikeable to be honest. Think it's just mini Pep as the head of the snake and then all that shit filters down to his team.

If Liverpool dont win the league, I hope anyone other than City or Arsenal do.

Or United. Cos that's obvious. **** United.

By all accounts they looked at it and deemed it unsportsmanlike conduct (which it was) rather than violent conduct (which it wasnt).

Can't really believe anyone is advocating a red card and three match ban for any other reason than they want us to be without Haaland for three matches.

Gabriel had the right idea which was :we'll see them back at our place".

The ball was thrown deliberately by Haaland with intent at Gabriel's head. This wasn't a case of a player lobbing a ball back to an opponent and hitting him in the head by accident.

It definitely fits the criteria for a red card. Infact similar previous incidents to this in the past have resulted in red cards.

He's very lucky Haaland, got away with one for sure.

The ball was thrown deliberately by Haaland with intent at Gabriel's head. This wasn't a case of a player lobbing a ball back to an opponent and hitting him in the head by accident.

It definitely fits the criteria for a red card. Infact similar previous incidents to this in the past have resulted in red cards.

He's very lucky Haaland, got away with one for sure.

Throwing a ball at someone isn't a red card unless it's considered violent intent.

If you think there was violent intent there, I guess I can see why you think it should have been a red card.

And why I think you're being a drama queen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back