Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t bring it up. It was brought up by other posters and I got involved in the conversation.

Football fans get up in arms about referees because their decisions have a much bigger impact on the game than they might in some other sports.

Eg. In AFL, you can’t be sent off, and a free kick in front of goal has far less of an impact than a penalty does in football.

Red cards change the entire dynamic of a game, which is simply not something that can happen in AFL.
I get that but if Trossard kicks it away and doesn't get carded then city fans are crying foul and saying they got ****ed over. There's no winning for the referees they have to make a decision and soccer fans seem to treat every decision as either 100% correct or biased against there team. It's tiring.

When I watch spurs I couldn't give a shit who the ref is. Sometimes it's frustrating when there's too many soft fouls but I don't care, ultimately spurs are either good enough or shit. It's not the referees every single game like alot on here make out.

Again, no arguments here.

But how can you send off one player for it and ignore it when another player does it?

That’s the million dollar question that everyone seems to be ignoring.

The simple answer to that is every incident is different. Interpretation is up to the referee. Looking at the two incidents I personally would have given Trossard one for this incident as City had the ball centrally and probably wanted a quick restart..

IMO considering the position on the pitch the referee could have let the Rice one slide as the ball had to go back 10 meters anyway to the right position for a restart. If it were me a quick verbal warning would have done the job but that's not to say it also wasn't a correct decision to give him a second yellow.

Comparing different incidents simply isn't an argument to make.

Both of arsenals goals could have been chalked off, one could have been a foul the other was assisted by the ref. Am I mad that they weren't? No. I think you can argue for both being fine. But sure only focus on the things that didn't work out for you cause it helps cope.

There's no possible way the first goal could have been chalked off and besides Walker is silly for moaning / not getting on the game. Once the referee restarts the game that's it, Not reviewable upon VAR at all.

Strange game. Great result for Arsenal getting a point away with 10 men. But given it’s against City, that late goal is really 3 points dropped in the title race.

City give up an early lead at home, but manage to get a draw after losing their most important player.

The Rodri injury might be the most important part of the whole game when it comes to the title race.

There's no possible way the first goal could have been chalked off and besides Walker is silly for moaning / not getting on the game. Once the referee restarts the game that's it, Not reviewable upon VAR at all.
Play should never have been restarted as Oliver takes Walker out of his position and then doesn't allow him to get back to his position. Not reviewable but horrible refereeing

I think people also like to jump on whatever fanbase it is that happens to get regular decisions against them. It happened a lot with Liverpool and Spurs too.

It also wouldn’t be brought up anywhere near as often if there was consistency applied regularly.

This isn’t a rant; it’s simply stating is what it is. Arsenal have had favourable decisions before, and they will get them again. But recently, there have been some controversial calls, that have not been consistently applied to other sides.

There’s no point complaining about the referees IMO. The three main ones I can think of; Taylor, Gillett and Oliver are all consistently awful. The refereeing standard across the whole PL is poor, irrespective of who you follow or who you dislike.

Arsenal fans get decisions go their way… crickets.

Arsenal fans have yellow cards awarded for yellow card offences… incessant whinging.

Arsenal fans also struggle to understand that referees don’t see every single infringement that happens during a game. Much easier to cope by citing a conspiracy.

Their fans are fast turning into an army of Arteta’s. Whinging little bitches.
Arteta yet again classless with his whinging to the 4th official after Trossard's deserved 2nd yellow.

As an aside And_ROOS seriously time to STFU now. You're embarrassing yourself with this continued Rice nonsense. Don't kick the ball away. Simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back