Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

On the flipside Port should've offered more for a contracted player and they would've hosted a home QF and likely be having a week off right now and hosting a home Prelim next week rather than staring down the barrel of a straight sets exit. Opportunity cost from both sides - but the last time we held a contracted player we ended up far better off in the long run.
Which game did we lose that we would have won had Esava been on our list?
Still nothing in there about dollar figures that isn't refer to the offer Hawthorn were reported to have made him the week before he nominated us.

You can stop looking for a link saying that Port are offering him $700k a year by the way, because there isn't one.

If you read my post... I said if.... im not saying you are or not... but I'll ask you a question? If his been offered 700k a season, is pick 37 still fair?
We're not, so it's a moot point.

Geelong beat Port by two goals just as recently as round 21 with the Sav-in-Batter deemed to be in the top three players on the ground according to the coaches. Take him out of our 22 and slot him into Port's that night and you'd have finished a clear second on the ladder with a home QF on the cards. Imagine the possibilities.

Still nothing in there about dollar figures that isn't refer to the offer Hawthorn were reported to have made him the week before he nominated us.

You can stop looking for a link saying that Port are offering him $700k a year by the way, because there isn't one.

We're not, so it's a moot point.
It doesn't say that is what Hawthorn has offered... please show me where it says Hawthorn has offered it?

Again, only references that we are willing to offer a 5 year deal but no mention of the terms of that deal on offer.

Then the article further down again references the 3.5mil over 5 years from earlier articles which is in reference to what the Hawks reportedly offered.

No mention of Port offering 700k anywhere.

Again, only references that we are willing to offer a 5 year deal but no mention of the terms of that deal on offer.

Then the article further down again references the 3.5mil over 5 years from earlier articles which is in reference to what the Hawks reportedly offered.

No mention of Port offering 700k anywhere.
That entire article just reads like invented garbage. Even the journo writing it seems to recognise he is just babbling incoherently.

You know you have them triggered and riled up with Richmond and hawthorn fans storm into a geelong related thread that has zero to do with them sulking it up
Just not a trade thread involving Geelong if there’s not a bunch of Richmond and Hawthorn fans desperately talking up us getting reamed.

It doesn't say that is what Hawthorn has offered... please show me where it says Hawthorn has offered it?
That's not how this works, you're the one trying to prove that Port have been reported as making the offer. Please show me where it says Port has offered it?

All it says is a reference to 'the numbers being thrown around last week'. There's already enough links in this thread showing that's the offer that was reported to have been made by Hawthorn. To be fair I doubt Hawthorn made such a ludicrous offer either, but there definitely haven't been any media reports of Port offering $700k or thereabouts.

3.5 mill over 5 years is extraordinary money for a player yet to establish himself as a key defender. No doubt he will be serviceable.
I guess it's the premier time to be a tall, strong, key defender in the AFL.

They could have turned Lord into a KPD and saved themselves the $$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3.5 mill over 5 years is extraordinary money for a player yet to establish himself as a key defender. No doubt he will be serviceable.

Lord looked good on the weekend.

Lord looked good on the weekend.

He has looked good every time I seen him play. Has excellent hands and is a great size.
His kicking is often criticized. He certainly has a lot of tools to develop into a player.

They are stacked with key forwards. Marshall, Finlayon, Georgiades and now Lord. One of them be spending a lot of time in the SANFL.

Lucky we are not paying Esava $3.5 million. And we tried Lord in the SANFL for most of 2022 as a key defender and he was terrible. We I think most Port supporters would have thought 2023 would be his last season on our list, but he has really earned his contract extension and we hope his staying for many more years.

So peeps,

Grundy and Port apparently isn’t looking likely with Grundy now favouring the Swans.

And BZT has officially requested a trade to Port.

How does this affect things going forward? If Lycett is done and Grundy isn’t coming, what’s Port’s next move? Go after Sweet? One of Hayes/Visentini stepping up?

Not sure how Port can do all the trades unless they trade out someone.

No trades and it might go something like this. Sweet and 66 for 43. BZT for a future 3rd. Ratugolea and a future 4th for 37.

No trades and it might go something like this. Sweet and 66 for 43. BZT for a future 3rd. Ratugolea and a future 4th for 37.

They have more than enough capital for these 3 trades.

Sweet won't be any more than a Future 3rd, but who knows you might get 43 then. Which means someone gets 37, and the other gets the Future 2nd.

Essentially 37, 43, Future 2nd and Future 3rd is what they'll likely be using to acquire all 3. All are OOC as well, so there won't be a ton of haggling - and there shouldn't need to be, given they don't need to pay for Grundy anymore.

They have more than enough capital for these 3 trades.

Sweet won't be any more than a Future 3rd, but who knows you might get 43 then. Which means someone gets 37, and the other gets the Future 2nd.

Essentially 37, 43, Future 2nd and Future 3rd is what they'll likely be using to acquire all 3. All are OOC as well, so there won't be a ton of haggling - and there shouldn't need to be, given they don't need to pay for Grundy anymore.

Agree with that, also I tend to think they dodged a bullet with Grundy.

It's a shallow draft year (after the top 7 or so picks in the open draft) so not a bad idea to try go all in and strength their list deficiencies via trading.

Will be future 2nd for sav, 37 for bzt and either 43 or some later bid points to the dogs for sweet..something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back