Review Essendon 16.7.103 decimated Colliwobbles 5.9.39

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest winning margin over them since ANZAC Day 2003. Was a very similar feeling going into that game as it was going into today's game as well; felt we'd struggle to get the win, but ended up doing that and then some! Fantastic performance, the best this year.
Prob been said already as I haven't got through all the comments but;
Collingwoods lowest score since 1997
Collingwoods lowest score against us since 1927

Much happiness

so utterly pleased that it was a 4 quarter effort.

This.

Was saying to husband, even at half time I wasn't confident as we usually lose one quarter and have lost a few leads this year.

Glad to see I got proven wrong :)

Best strategy - hide a kid in the ammos and juice him to the teeth. Take him off the gear and then unleash him upon the mortal realm.

Enter Ambrose.

Please can someone post this somewhere on the HTB? It will give them a whole new angle from which they can foam about.

Oh, and I never, ever want to hear someone accuse Stanton of not being able to stand up when really required.

He was fantastic yesterday.

And Buckets- wow.

Stanton played an interesting game.

Got a lot of the ball, set up play, was found near and actually beat a forward once and largely used the ball poorly (and I don't care that his DE was over 70%).

He could well be a very good counter attacking half back but I'm still less than impressed with his defensive game.

Thought that Hooker, Dempsey and Winderlich were comfortably the best 3 of the back 6.

Did anyone see Buck's press conference where he was saying that Essendon wasn't really missing anyone?

No he didn't. He said our performance was so structurally strong that it didn't matter who was out there, they all filled their roles perfectly.

Actually very strong praise.

No he didn't. He said our performance was so structurally strong that it didn't matter who was out there, they all filled their roles perfectly.

Actually very strong praise.

Yep, that's how I took it also, this is exactly what makes a good team. Hawthorn have been doing it all year, replace a soldier with a soldier.

Germany 7 Collingwood 5 wonderful red and black kit against Brasil .... congratulations to Essendon players on an awesome display..well done

Congratualtions zu Deutschland auf eine fantastische Weltmeisterschaft gewinnen. Hope my spelling is OK dont want to upset the queen

like-a-boss-1024x1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delusional Pearlers thread is over there ->

Without knowing the context with which it was said, that's nothing more than deflecting by Buckley imo. Surely anyone with a clue about football knows about blokes called Watson, Goddard and Heppell. FFS even the commentators were banging on about how the win was even more impressive when you consider who we need to slot back in.
I think the only person missing Heppell was Macaffer

I think the only person missing Heppell was Macaffer

Bugger, meant Hibberd.

Moot point really given I didn't hear Buckley's presser (hence me saying I didn't know the context of the quote) but his comments have been clarified in this thread since.

The best part of that is an inkling or sense that Michael Hibberd will be right to go next week and so early on in the week im really confident hes just about 100%.

I think we may have gone cautious with Hibbo on the weekend. Bomber said something along the lines where if its been 50/50 we have been happy to give more time off so they run home better. I think thats the case here.

So my thoughts
- A near absolute performance, did not go to sleep at all. similar to the way we dismantled Norf and the bluesers earlier this year

Heppell - Wow, just wow. No Watson, no Goddard, no f**king woriers. looks like he's absolutely relished the chance these last few weeks, seems to enjoy beating taggers and imo is warming up to be the AFL's new clearance king.

Hooker - Im sure the police were called yesterday afternoon in relation to a missing collingwood Key position forward. He's also a suspect in the dissappearance of numerous other key forwards this year. Has to be a lock for AA CHB/FB

Carlisle - To bomber and Jakey.... much apologies from me doubting you, although this form must be kept!!

Zerritt - what a gem. was sure he would have been gone by our first pick last year. Could win Rising Star but im not sure hes consistently been good enough this year

Myers - finally injury free and fit, time to unleash that potential, put the pies to the sword with his contested footy

Special Mentions - Chappy, Winderlich, Baguley, Stanton

Honestly nobody had a down game but these were the highlights I picked out of yesterdays game

What a ******* win!!!! Absolutely dominated in every single facet of the game..

And 3 of our top 5 players were out.. WOWSER!!!

With this form the only game I would be worried about from here out is the Sydney game..

Get ready for some finals footy... this shit just got REEEEEEEEEEEAL!

<3

**** the lid!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Essendon 16.7.103 decimated Colliwobbles 5.9.39

Remove this Banner Ad

Back