Club Focus Essendon 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Hearing from an extremely reliable source that two restricted free agents at Essendon, which they cannot afford to lose, will both depart at end of season 2023.

One back home to SA, and the other to a very fierce rival in Victoria.

Big money for both players who are both keen to leave.
Lol trying to be cryptic
Two messages later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish leaving via FA? YES! IT'S HAPPENING!

Also pretty confident Redman re-signs. Loves the place.

And "can't afford to lose" Parish? Stop. We'll be fine, even better off without him.

Parish leaving via FA? YES! IT'S HAPPENING!

Also pretty confident Redman re-signs. Loves the place.

And "can't afford to lose" Parish? Stop. We'll be fine, even better off without him.
Ah yes, the old ‘believe what you want to hear and not what you don’t’ ;)

Wouldn’t be surprised if Parish moved on but I have absolutely zero concerns about Redman leaving and everything I’ve heard is that he will commit to Essendon on a longer deal

Ah yes, the old ‘believe what you want to hear and not what you don’t’ ;)
Have already heard that there's a long term deal on the table and they're haggling over some clauses. He'll probably be VC alongside McGrath next year.

Hearing from an extremely reliable source that two restricted free agents at Essendon, which they cannot afford to lose, will both depart at end of season 2023.

One back home to SA, and the other to a very fierce rival in Victoria.

Big money for both players who are both keen to leave.
Pretty sure Parish has been mentioned to Geelong a few times.

No big loss. Doesn't run both ways.

I'll pack his bags.

Would think hawthorn have plenty of cash to splash for Parish.
They’re welcome to him …

I'm not really sure why we'd make that move at this point in our rebuild. We've drafted heavily for midfield depth the past 2 years and developed within on a few others.

Parish isn't the type of mid we need anyway. Finn Callaghan is more the type we'd be trying to acquire from an opposition club.

I'm not really sure why we'd make that move at this point in our rebuild. We've drafted heavily for midfield depth the past 2 years and developed within on a few others.

Parish isn't the type of mid we need anyway. Finn Callaghan is more the type we'd be trying to acquire from an opposition club.

Agree,
Wouldn’t take him for free.
He’s the last kind of player a young rebuilding team needs but clubs often make poor decisions under the pressure of mounting losses …

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Essendon 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back