Club Focus Essendon 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

The same deal as what the Dees have offered now?

The advantage of doing it now is they can now trade those 2nd round pick.

Either to bring in interesting fringe young talents ie McGuinness rumours

Or trade for some filler points + future a future 2nd and load up on 2nds next season for a points matching trade up opportunity.

Could probably have gotten a better deal waiting but also this is a pretty good outcome

What? They have Pickett and not going to bid pick 5 on a player worth 10 - 15.

I would love to play poker with Rosa - so easily bluffed.
Yeah fair chance they may have never bidded on him, but they played it to their advantage.

The rumours started circulating that Melbourne and St Kilda were keen on Kako which surprised me until I worked out they were both keen on pick 9.

So Essendon don’t trade pick 9 and Kako is bid on before that they have egg on their face.

They bank enough points and have two firsts next year and the possibility of trading 28 for another F2 and they’ve made a mistake. The ability to trade back into the draft in late teens also.

People were going to have a go at them no matter what they did…

There is also still the possibility of us live trading back into the first round if there is a player on the board we rate from 10-20.

So much this. Can see Essendon match Kako. Then live trade back in the GC pick 13 could be an option using your f1 or Melbourne’s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Essendon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back