Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to point it out?
Such commission was appointed to investigate anomalies detected by the UCI in the rider’s “Athlete Biological Passport"

I think that if you have a positive test you can be named as the burden is on you to prove how the substance entered your system rather than them having to prove you took a banned substance. Not positive on that but i think it works something like that.

Wow.

Bigfooty usually very happy to suck the bandwidth of any website they like even when those websites try to play nice.

But on this issue they decide that is not a good idea.

Never bet against self interest.

Why was my original post removed? I didn't mention any of the names that were published. I just didn't know if formaldehyde was performance enhancing or not. :confused:

You can draw your own conclusions to whom I may be referring.
lol Welcome to 2013. :D

Any legal eagles want to weigh in on how big a heck up this is?

This seems pretty bad.
According to Malifice, it won't really prejudice the appeal. The players can try to sue the CAS for breach of confidentiality but that's about it?

Ugh, now this is just silly Chief.....

Anhoo, I like what the Herald Sun did. They essentially said, the confidential list of 34 past and present Essendon players was put up on the CAS website........this list......here......with these names on it.....there you go.

Makes it getting taken down completely pointless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, now this is just silly Chief.....

Anhoo, I like what the Herald Sun did. They essentially said, the confidential list of 34 past and present Essendon players was put up on the CAS website........this list......here......with these names on it.....there you go.

Makes it getting taken down completely pointless.
I'll check out the deal tomorrow. Trying to watch TV right now.

Chief the HUN have actually named the players on their own website now, and I presume they'll be printed in the mornings paper as well.

It's all over Twitter and Facebook too.

Not that there are any surprises amongst the list, but I don't see why it can't be mentioned here anymore.
Link me and I'll look later.

Why cant we name the drug cheats? The courts held up that ASADAs investigation was legal and the onus is on the players to prove they didnt cheat. They havent comfortably been able to show their innocence.

It is worse than that.

Google "Essendon players press conference".

Then try to link any of the publicly available images from reputable media organisations here and you will get donuts.

Bigfooty is worse than Stalin.

It is worse than that.

Google "Essendon players press conference".

Then try to link any of the publicly available images from reputable media organisations here and you will get donuts.

Bigfooty is worse than Stalin.
Don't be a twit.

Disgusting they have been named. What chance have they got of a fair and free hearing now! Should they be banned they should sue WADA (and/or CAS) for releasing their names to be compensated for the harm that this has caused to their reputations....

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back