Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we already know, although I do laugh at those thinking this somehow effects CAS, they will give zero ****s and still go in dry.

Why cant we name the drug cheats? The courts held up that ASADAs investigation was legal and the onus is on the players to prove they didnt cheat. They havent comfortably been able to show their innocence.
**** me this is one of the most moronic posts I've seen on this forum. How the actual **** is it on the players to prove their innocence? Do you understand the simplest explanation of the legal system in Australia? They have to prove you guilty, not you have to prove your own innocence.

So according to your post if I accused you of raping my sister, you'd have to somehow prove your innocence, even though I have no evidence you actually did it? :rolleyes:

**** me this is one of the most moronic posts I've seen on this forum. How the actual **** is it on the players to prove their innocence? Do you understand the simplest explanation of the legal system in Australia? They have to prove you guilty, not you have to prove your own innocence.

So according to your post if I accused you of raping my sister, you'd have to somehow prove your innocence, even though I have no evidence you actually did it? :rolleyes:
Doesn't always work like that.
I took my ex to court for custody rights to my daughter, at the first court appearance the foul evil bitch accused me of molesting my daughter. The judge then had no choice but to punish me by making sure any time I spent with my daughter was supervised. The QLD police and department of child services both had the medical and physchological proof that my little girl has never been molested by anyone within 4 days after the allegation, yet it took 18 months and my lawyer subpoenaing the evidence before I had the supervision lifted.
I was accused of something and in a way punished for it and had to prove my innocence.

Now you're in another jurisdiction you will have to prove your innocence, but how can you prove you DIDN'T take illegal substances when you allegedly don't even know what you took ? All you know is you are 100% sure it was not illegal..... but how can you be sure of that ?

You are only sure of that because not being sure means you are not as innocent as you proclaim to be.

Essendon are guilty, the sooner the club is deregistered by the AFL the better. James Hird has put a black mark against the best sport in Australia, I hope he can sleep peacefully at night.

I took my ex to court for custody rights to my daughter, at the first court appearance the foul evil bitch accused me of molesting my daughter. The judge then had no choice but to punish me by making sure any time I spent with my daughter was supervised. The QLD police and department of child services both had the medical and physchological proof that my little girl has never been molested by anyone within 4 days after the allegation, yet it took 18 months and my lawyer subpoenaing the evidence before I had the supervision lifted.
I was accused of something and in a way punished for it and had to prove my innocence.
Oldest and easiest trick in the book.
The longer your ex,can keep you away from the kids,the more she can brainwash them to hate you and get her own way.
Judge has every right to install a chaperone order against you and this allows wife to screw the living daylights out of a bloke.
Best tactic{to late for you}is to get the kids before her and take out the "she interfere's with them claim against her.
Works every time,most blokes scream until they give in and lose the house and the kids eventually hate him due to the pressures involved,game over wife wins.

Pics of sister?

That absolutely sucks man. What a bitch.

I guess comparing it to the Essendon situation, that is like the provisional suspensions our players served during the NAB Challenge. I guess precautions must be put in place in case of a guilty verdict.

These players who want to maintain their anonymity, are they the ones who held a press conference with the TV lads. It was on C7 news this morning. I am not an expert but I don't think going on TV is the best way to remain to hide your identity.

Well I asked first. But I'll answer yours first, it won't help or hinder them. It doesn't take much power of deduction to figure out who they are anyway so what's the issue?
the issue is that CAS have an established procedure that they don't release this information without consent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how does naming them help anything?

CAS can't even follow their own rules.

It's unfortunate, but as i posted before, they would have been named eventually.

Yes it wa a ****-up by CAS, but weirdly, been named publicly could have a cathartic effect on the players, freed from the burden of keeping such a heavy secret.

Mind it may well have the opposite effect as well, will be interesting to see how they play on Friday night.

the issue is that CAS have an established procedure that they don't release this information without consent.

It's a side issue to the main point though. Bombers need to stop trying to find distractions, once and for all.

What was injected into the players?

Did the club maintain/can they produce accurate records?

If either of these 2 questions can't be answered, then the club should be further punished and James Hird given a further ban.

WADA won't take any of the sideshow shit that Essendon served up whilst the AFL ran its 'independent' tribunal.

It's a side issue to the main point though. Bombers need to stop trying to find distractions, once and for all.

What was injected into the players?

Did the club maintain/can they produce accurate records?

If either of these 2 questions can't be answered, then the club should be further punished and James Hird given a further ban.

WADA won't take any of the sideshow shit that Essendon served up whilst the AFL ran its 'independent' tribunal.
let's not pretend you know shit about what WADA are thinking or what WADA will do. As well, talking about WADA and Hird and the Club in the same breath demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, as neither will be punished further as a direct result of this hearing.

Secondly, it's not sufficient to stifle debate on any other issue by saying it's a side issue. Lazy debating and pure sophistry. CAS have obligations, on this count they have failed it.

What list? I don't see no list? Maybe there was a list just like maybe there was documentation.

The AFL had a "no performance enhancing drugs" policy. Everyone makes mistakes...

let's not pretend you know shit about what WADA are thinking or what WADA will do. As well, talking about WADA and Hird and the Club in the same breath demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, as neither will be punished further as a direct result of this hearing.

Secondly, it's not sufficient to stifle debate on any other issue by saying it's a side issue. Lazy debating and pure sophistry. CAS have obligations, on this count they have failed it.
Serious? Obligations? Wow!

These players who want to maintain their anonymity, are they the ones who held a press conference with the TV lads. It was on C7 news this morning. I am not an expert but I don't think going on TV is the best way to remain to hide your identity.
They thought it was all over so it didn't matter any more. They now realize they thought wrong (again).

The players named had already made themselves known anyway by refusing to play, by going to conferences, by self admitting. That's in addition to damaging your reputation by wearing that color jersey to begin with.

What's interesting is why CAS then felt the need to retract it... that sounds a bit... amateurish here. Maybe it's that dang work experience kid again... never learns when and when not to remove things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back