Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always maintained that if it was shown that players at EFC received PED's then heavy sanctions MUST take place but all we know at the moment is that the club didn't manage things 100% (something the club acknowledged a long time ago and since has taken the right steps in correcting this) and that they were given the wrong advise from both the AFL and ASADA.
These 2 organisations have also played us all for fools and played with people's lives.

If EFC sytematically cheated then throw the book but for Gods sake don't punish the club, its players and its supporters because it's "Justh not a Good Lookth"

Fair enough but as you say, this initiation of this whole thing was your club through their mismanagement.

They will have to pay for this in some way.

If AOD is fine surely all clubs can start taking it now? How will they get it? Who knows, some kind of drug mule will import it up his arse from Thailand I guess. But that's irrelevant, it's clean, it's PED effects and health effects at those dosage levels are completely unknown, but surely the top 8 clubs should inject it rabidly, just to be sure.

Fair enough but as you say, this initiation of this whole thing was your club through their mismanagement.

They will have to pay for this in some way.
Of course but surely you must agree that some of the suggested punishments are extreme for 'Poor Governance'. Imagine if it is proven that PEDs were taken - stripped of points for 5 seasons. No drafting for 10 years. 100 million dollar fine. Player bans for life. All club officials banned for life and supporters banned from wearing club logo for 5 years.

If AOD is fine surely all clubs can start taking it now? How will they get it? Who knows, some kind of drug mule will import it up his arse from Thailand I guess. But that's irrelevant, it's clean, it's PED effects and health effects at those dosage levels are completely unknown, but surely the top 8 clubs should inject it rabidly, just to be sure.
It is banned. Probably wont be for much longer as regular tests recently are showing that it is not performance enhancing and is safe but at the moment it is still banned. Poor advise from the AFL and ASADA allowed it to be administered to EFC players.

Dr Andrew Garnham, currently working as a consultant for the Essendon Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly wasn't fair for a few days after Anzac day. Nor to the poor Essendon supporters sitting near me on the day, 10 beers in. In fact there seems to be a strong correlation between alcohol and some of the more abusive posts I have made towards Essendon on this board. Tends to suggest maybe 80% of this board is comprised of booze-hounds.
More like hate filled individuals.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-secret-talks-20130820-2s9g7.html

The Age is reporting the AFL & Bombers are in secret talks?

But a divergence of legal paths between the club and the four individuals charged - Hird, assistant coach Mark Thompson, club doctor Bruce Reid and football manager Danny Corcoran - has emerged as a genuine prospect, with Little prioritising the club's sanctions ahead of his key staffers. Hird remains unwilling to negotiate with the AFL.

That's extremely interesting. Little happy to throw the staff under the bus if it means that the club get off lightly?

Aren't secret talks supposed to be, you know, secret rather than published in a newspaper.

There's been more leaks in this saga than an Indonesian cruise vessel

Aren't secret talks supposed to be, you know, secret rather than published in a newspaper.

There's been more leaks in this saga than an Indonesian cruise vessel

To Wilson right now, any scheduled meeting or conversation with an Essendon official it either 'secret' or 'an emergency meeting'.

The woman is deranged. :thumbsu:

That's extremely interesting. Little happy to throw the staff under the bus if it means that the club get off lightly?

Little's fiduciary duty as a director is to the club, not individuals. If he can save the club from having to pay millions of dollars in legal fees and millions in penalties and losing points and losing draft picks then he has to sacrifice individuals. Somebody has to find the millions of dollars potentially paid to lawyers. That would be the directors responsibility.

More of the same...of course the Bombers and the AFL are talking...but I imagine there are legal ramifications down the track if the Bombers admit that they oversaw a doping program program that is ministered illegal drugs ...not so sure how they can get around that without it coming back and biting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back