Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way - Cocaine is performance enhancing. This is why it is banned during competition. That is one fact that is known

I think your missing the point though, players caught partaking in illicit drugs weren't doing so at the behest of their respective clubs unlike the EFC who went as far as injecting players without Reids consent. Hence the crackdown on the club and coach, not just individual players

She could be but I think it's more a case of someone a little disturbed

Just shows how little you supporters care about what was injected into players. Now saying she was "disturbed". Well, her son may have been injected with all sorts of stuff by your sh1t club. That'd be disturbing enough.

Essendon and their supports, they just don't get it.

Just shows how little you supporters care about what was injected into players. Now saying she was "disturbed". Well, her son may have been injected with all sorts of stuff by your sh1t club. That'd be disturbing enough.

Essendon and their supports, they just don't get it.

yeah you and all the other regular trolls on here are so concerned with our players and how they were treated, that you all seem to blow your load when there's news about the propect of players being banned.

yeah you and all the other regular trolls on here are so concerned with our players and how they were treated, that you all seem to blow your load when there's news about the propect of players being banned.

So your criticising other supporters for variously supporting either the health of the players or the integrity of the competition. Such a pity that you and other EFC BF posters couldn't care less about either. Why don't you just pick on of those? That would be an improvement on Cult Hird.

There is no requirement on the Essendon Football Club to settle this matter in private discussion and if they do, they do so of their own volition.

Any settlement would therefore be an expression of what Essendon feels is close to their best case position.

Alternatively they could choose to continue fighting the AFL:p.

Looks like talks are almost over.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-court-bid-still-in-play-20130825-2sk07.html

And the penalties are the same as offered last week. So all this posturing by Little/Hird/Hanke has achieved nothing other than the devastating public release of the 34 page charge sheet.

Essendon chairman Paul Little admitted on Saturday night a deal with the AFL was very close. The deal as it stands now is substantially the same as that which was almost reached with the AFL last week when Essendon rejected the offer and the AFL responded by making public the full list of charges against the club.

Looks like talks are almost over.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-court-bid-still-in-play-20130825-2sk07.html

And the penalties are the same as offered last week. So all this posturing by Little/Hird/Hanke has achieved nothing other than the devastating public release of the 34 page charge sheet.

Essendon chairman Paul Little admitted on Saturday night a deal with the AFL was very close. The deal as it stands now is substantially the same as that which was almost reached with the AFL last week when Essendon rejected the offer and the AFL responded by making public the full list of charges against the club.

Let's get this out of the way and make way for WADA/ASADA

Did it ever cross your mind, she might be SO angry at them that to go would almost certainly harm her son? Jesus, don't ever be a parent.:cool:
I still say her comments were genuine. But I do reserve a small part of me that says they could be a stunt/fake. Not because of the call, or the situation itself, more just a natural reaction from me, can we 100% prove it was real? No. But I do take it at face value. I attempt all the time to keep an avenue open for both options, unless it is 100% confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate, most of us don't approve of drugs in sport. Seems you're dishonorable enough to think it's a good thing. Says everything about the person you are in that case. Bad luck, the dirt and filth that is your club isn't getting away with it.

You're just weak and can't handle the fact your club "achieved" by means that are not legal. I suggest you attack your own club for injecting all sorts of potentially harmful substances into your players rather than blame everyone else, or do you, like most Essendon supporters, not care as long as you find some loophole to get off. Weak and typical.

Your club got you into the current mess, not us or the media. Direct your blame at your club if you've got the principle and have the balls.

The concerned mother who can't be bothered going to any of the 5 meetings. The Mother of a 20 year old about to turn 21 (Stienberg or Merrett) whose son is playing badly because he has lost complete interest in the game.
Stienberg 31 disposals 11 marks in VFL. Merrett back in the seniors and plays well last night.
Hmmmmmm

Luke Davis?

You forgot the 17 other clubs publically supporting the AFL. Everyone wins, Essendon fans get to keep up the facade of "the world is against us", the AFL get their win, and AFL fans who want the integrity of the competition protected get a result that ensures no club will try something similar again.

No mate, most of us don't approve of drugs in sport. Seems you're dishonorable enough to think it's a good thing. Says everything about the person you are in that case. Bad luck, the dirt and filth that is your club isn't getting away with it.

You're just weak and can't handle the fact your club "achieved" by means that are not legal. I suggest you attack your own club for injecting all sorts of potentially harmful substances into your players rather than blame everyone else, or do you, like most Essendon supporters, not care as long as you find some loophole to get off. Weak and typical.

Your club got you into the current mess, not us or the media. Direct your blame at your club if you've got the principle and have the balls.

What are you farking on about?? All I said was don't pretend you give a shit about our players when you clearly don't. Not that hard to understand.

as for you highlighted ...we're being punished for governance not PEDs, we had no more advantage than your embarrassing mob, until proven otherwise.

Is Carazzo and mates still buying supplements online from overseas (from god knows where) like he stated in a presser in February??

You forgot the 17 other clubs publically supporting the AFL. Everyone wins, Essendon fans get to keep up the facade of "the world is against us", the AFL get their win, and AFL fans who want the integrity of the competition protected get a result that ensures no club will try something similar again.

Then you should call for Crows and Dees to lose their points or at least stop the AFL giving what is ultimately the other clubs' money to Melbourne.

TheGreatBarryB said:
Is Carazzo and mates still buying supplements online from overseas (from god knows where) like he stated in a presser in February??
Like most people, I couldn't care less as long as they're allowed.

Allowed.

Allowed is the keyword there, mmk?

Then you should call for Crows and Dees to lose their points or at least stop the AFL giving what is ultimately the other clubs' money to Melbourne.
Crows have got their penalty, copped it on the chin.
Melbourne will be a rabble for a decade and I've said a number of times they should not get a priority pick.

Haven't seen you defending those two clubs before though, after all they all seem to be merely "governance issues".

I still say her comments were genuine. But I do reserve a small part of me that says they could be a stunt/fake. Not because of the call, or the situation itself, more just a natural reaction from me, can we 100% prove it was real? No. But I do take it at face value. I attempt all the time to keep an avenue open for both options, unless it is 100% confirmed.
mate, no offence, but do you believe we landed on the moon?

as for you highlighted ...we're being punished for governance not PEDs, we had no more advantage than your embarrassing mob, until proven otherwise.

Be patient laddie. This is just the warm up.

Next year, I wonder if BF will delete Essendon as a choice for "Club Supported" ? Really should be confined to clubs playing in the AFL on the AFL board, I would have thought.

Crows have got their penalty, copped it on the chin.
Melbourne will be a rabble for a decade and I've said a number of times they should not get a priority pick.

Haven't seen you defending those two clubs before though, after all they all seem to be merely "governance issues".

Why would I they deliberately cheated, Even your pin up girl Caro has admitted EFC never cheated.

Why would I they deliberately cheated, Even your pin up girl Caro has admitted EFC never cheated.
"Pushing the boundaries" and putting players at serious risk is actually regarded by the majority of non-Essendon people as a serious matter, as much as most Essendon fans seem to disagree.

Melbourne and the Crows, as much as they did the wrong thing, did not carry such serious implications with respect to their players. They also cooperated with the AFL, accepted penalties and moved on, the antithesis of the Essendon modus operandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back