Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it?

I suggest to everyone that the AFL charge sheet made for much titillation, but it was more a PR exercise than anything else.
So you think that these substances ordered for Dank (with email evidence that this is so) who was an employee of the Essendon Football club at the time, are no more than a PR stunt?

BSE = Johnnie Cochran

So unless you catch a murderer during the actual murder I assume you are going to look at all other evidence as a PR stunt? Come on BSE. I thought you would be more open minded than that.

So I assume you forwarded this information on to the relevant authorities?
As I have said. I cannot as it is hearsay. It's up to my friends to report it and they unfortunately want to have nothing to do with the whole thing. They are not involved with football and have busy lives.

So you think that these substances ordered for Dank (with email evidence that this is so) who was an employee of the Essendon Football club at the time, is no more than a PR stunt?

BSE = Johnnie Cochran

So unless you catch a murderer during the actual murder I assume you are going to look at all other evidence as a PR stunt? Come on BSE. I thought you would be more open minded than that.

Johnnie Cochran?

There are sports scientists and doctors involved with clubs who, in their are other business interests, are purchasing and legally using substances which are banned under the Prohibited List.

If we were to get excited each and every time we found such a person connected with a footy club possessing such substances, then we would never, ever talk footy again.

Now I know most view Dank as the devil incarnate, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but we still have to go on hard evidence, not hunches.

As I have said. I cannot as it is hearsay. It's up to my friends to report it and they unfortunately want to have nothing to do with the whole thing. They are not involved with football and have busy lives.

What chance Essendon draw this out so Vlad can't appear on Talking Footy tonight!

Yeah, we only want direct lies, like Hird or Jobe saying the players were cleared, and so on.

Weren't they simply relaying what the ASADA investigators told them at interview?

To hear directly from the protaganists, is actually a whole lot better than to hear "evidence" from BF correspondents.

Mmmm. Harshest penalty in 30 years and the far more serious matters still to come.

How can you not understand this?

The harshest penalty in 30 years might still be pretty tame in the context of what the lynch mob were expecting.

Actually, not might, will definitely be pretty tame.

Then we start the 2014 season with clear air - that is where we are heading - and have been heading there for months now (quite predictably I might add).

Johnnie Cochran?

There are sports scientists and doctors involved with clubs who, in their are other business interests, are purchasing and legally using substances which are banned under the Prohibited List.

If we were to get excited each and every time we found such a person connected with a footy club possessing such substances, then we would never, ever talk footy again.

Now I know most view Dank as the devil incarnate, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but we still have to go on hard evidence, not hunches.
No doubt. I just think what you are calling "hunches" and PR stunts are actually reasonable evidence. Emails that explicitly show the purchase of banned peptides for a person working at Essendon during a period that even they would admit they were using peptides, is a lot more than a hunch. Why else would he be ordering these things unless he was planning to give it to someone? Why else would we think that someone is someone not related to the Essendon Football Club where he was employed at the time? Sometimes following a logical sequence you can still get things wrong, but hey, 98% of the time you will be right.

lol, so Dank is telling randoms he's giving people banned substances.

if we haven't jumped the shark yet, we well and truly have now.
No. he was telling randoms at the time they were NOT banned. If you could read English, you would have realized that! It's just that he was wrong about their legality, just like TB4!!!

It is still hearsay. My friends that got told this directly from Dank have been loathed to get involved with this as they lead busy lives and really don't want to spend time as part of an investigation.
I'm sure anyone would understand that. I know it sounds exciting but there are dangers involved too. Dank was involved with shady characters. They wouldn't want to put their lives and their families lives at stake if these shady characters found out you were key witnesses in this investigation. Think about it.
Why not de-identify the emails and send them to Baker and McKenzie via the Age website?

No doubt. I just think what you are calling "hunches" and PR stunts are actually reasonable evidence.

You quoted the AFL's charge sheet.

The AFL's charge sheet is not evidence, it's nothing.

It was as much a PR stunt as anything else (which worked to a certain degree).

It was made to look dramatic to get the bombres to the negotiation table.

Now they'll work something out behind closed doors.

The charge sheet is completely irrelevant.

I can't stress this enough - the charge sheet is completely irrelevant.

The bombres will have as much a say about their penalty as the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You quoted the AFL's charge sheet.

The AFL's charge sheet is not evidence, it's nothing.

It was as much a PR stunt as anything else (which worked to a certain degree).

It was made to look dramatic to get the bombres to the negotiation table.

Now they'll work something out behind closed doors.

The charge sheet is completely irrelevant.

I can't stress this enough - the charge sheet is completely irrelevant.

The bombres will have as much a say about their penalty as the AFL.
Well, if that is true, they'll get off scott free!

Well, if that is true, they'll get off scott free!

I didn't say a complete say - I said as much as the AFL.

The AFL has the bombres over the barrell in the PR stakes, but the bombres still have legal options up their sleeve - and don't you believe the legal eagles on here who insist those options are imaginary - given the AFL wants this cleared up here and now - those legal options are very, very real.

It's a bit of an arm wrestle - they'll come up with something to keep everyone happy.

But quite clearly - the AFL is not in a position to let the guillotine fall.

Also, and I said this two weeks ago, it's advantageous for the bombres to lose a full seasons' points, and miss out on an important event (finals) because it might just be enough to keep both ASADA and WADA off their backs for further punishments.

Then we start the 2014 season with clear air - that is where we are heading - and have been heading there for months now (quite predictably I might add).

If you believe nothing will come of the doping offences I can't help you. Although believing what you want to believe beyond all sense does seem to be your strong suit.

Pretty sure he did. You know it does state in the charges Dank apparently found out about the legality of tb4 in May 2012 yet in April 2013 completely forgot again. Keep up the laughs. :thumbsu:
All that tells me is that he is an idiot. You guys hired him. One day there may be a book called "How just one solitary man brought down 140 years of tradition!" I hope for your sake that doesn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back