Essendon: an amoral, spineless organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quietly confident they don't condone a lot of things that aren't specifically mentioned.

Just turns out that taking illicit substances happens to be mentioned.

Those naughty cheating Hawks..... :D

So what if it is? I reiterate; "No extra on field advantage gained via the breaking of off field code of conduct = Not cheating. (good huh? and I didn't even have to look it up!:eek:)"

You're an idiot if you think Ben Cousins was ever a cheat.

No, I'm happy to assume out of hand that the AFL does not condone street violence from it's players until someone proves me wrong.
Brash I know, but that's just how I roll.:cool:

You know there's a difference between not condoning something and it being against the rules, right?

Actually, I think you'll find I was certain it had no performance enhancing effect after about half an hour. And with only your word to contradict this belief, my certainty of this remains completely entirely unchallenged.

It certainly wouldn't last more than a quarter, and if it did the purity would be such that attempting to play any sport at an elite level would be nigh on impossible.
A Dr. from the World Anti-Doping Authority disagrees.

I will take his word over yours, if that is okay with you both.:thumbsu:

So what if it is? I reiterate; "No extra on field advantage gained via the breaking of off field code of conduct = Not cheating. (good huh? and I didn't even have to look it up!:eek:)"

No need to repeat, I read your quote the first time. And whilst I can cite the actual definition of cheating (which indicates a breach of rules and regulations) AND the AFLs rules and regulations (which specifically ban said substances), and thus PROVE they were cheating - you can stick with your (incorrect, factually so) opinion :eek:. Don't worry, it's very Hawthorn of you - hands over the ears, I'm not listening la la la la la la.

You're an idiot if you think Ben Cousins was ever a cheat.

Ahhhh but lucky for me Ben Cousins never tested positive :D

(At least no medical documentation naming Ben Cousins as a drug cheat were ever found)

This isn't really in the genre of taxi anecdote relevant to the Hurley case, but thank you for sharing. We're talking about night on the town cab drivers, who often are different people from run you to work cab drivers.

Also, you can be rowdy and not a w***er, as you can be quiet and be a w***er. It's an esoteric subject, and very confusing for some.

Regarding your specific tale, if his meter wasn't on or he was charging you more than it read you should have called his cab company right then and there and got him fired. Don't be a victim to one arseh*le and go around slagging off everyone in the job coz you were to gormless to do anything.

thanks for your take on things.
btw mess I wasnt too GORMLESS to do anything about it... he was reported.

Well im glad you had a pleasent experience.

Im not saying this happens all the time.

I catch a taxi from the city back home quite regularly on a sat night/ sun morning and I am not rowdy or rude at all. I get in the car and hardly speak.

I have had an incident where me and a couple of my mates paid a cabbie $80 up front and thats what he asked for... he gets to the west gate bridge and at the top of it pulls over and tells us to get out if we dont give him another $30.

To get a taxi home from the city is always around $70-$80 so for him to ask for that extra money is bullshit.

But as you claim... hey I must be a w***er thats why he done it.

hope you reported the taxi for that cause that is so so wrong !!!

No need to repeat, I read your quote the first time. And whilst I can cite the actual definition of cheating (which indicates a breach of rules and regulations) AND the AFLs rules and regulations (which specifically ban said substances), and thus PROVE they were cheating - you can stick with your (incorrect, factually so) opinion :eek:. Don't worry, it's very Hawthorn of you - hands over the ears, I'm not listening la la la la la la.

The rules of Australian Football say nothing about not being on drugs. AFL code of player conduct does not = rules of Australian Football.

You are an idiot if you think there is any basis to call Ban Cousins a cheat, just because we know for a fact he used illicit drugs regularly.

Ahhhh but lucky for me Ben Cousins never tested positive :D

Of course he did, you just aren't privy to his medical records.

(At least no medical documentation naming Ben Cousins as a drug cheat were ever found)

They are either out there or the tests don't work. You haven't seen them because they were never meant for your eyes. Put it together.

thanks for your take on things.
btw mess I wasnt too GORMLESS to do anything about it... he was reported.

Good on you. So why do you feel the need to shit on the whole profession, if the bloke who actually offronted you has been dealt with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not quite as premature as anyone loopy enough to suggest Essendon will win the premiership in 2012, in their signature. ;)

Ah, but you cannot categorically say that Essendon won't win the premiership in 2012.

I can categorically say that the 2008 premiership did not lead to a dynasty. Dynasties don't stop for a break after 1 year.:)

You know there's a difference between not condoning something and it being against the rules, right?

Yep. I also know what cheating means.

Suspended from the whole nab cup
:eek:
More to follow, hopefully some community service rubbish.
Over and above that required of him as it is from his Diversion of Sentance?

Fire away bitches.

More to come? So inch by inch Essendon edge their way forward, waiting until the media taps them on the shoulder and says "that'll do, Pigs".

Weakest pack of slugs going.:eek:

Filthy Herald Sun who are known Essendon ball lickers,surprisingly:D had a feel good Essendon story on the front cover(yet again) to try to cover up Essendon's mess.

Lets see how they treat Troy Taylor:eek:

The HS loves Essendon and hates Carlton. This is well known. That dosen't surprise.

Troy Taylor has got off lightly thus far.

The rules of Australian Football say nothing about not being on drugs. AFL code of player conduct does not = rules of Australian Football.

This is going to be kind of embarassing for you....

Taken from the LAWS OF THE GAME

21.1 APPLICATION​
The AFL Anti-Doping Code, as varied in accordance with Law 21.2, shall
apply to all persons to whom these Laws apply, unless a Controlling
Body has adopted its own code or policy which has been approved by​
the Australian Sports Drug Agency.

Oh dear, specifically mentioned in the laws of the game :eek:

You are an idiot if you think there is any basis to call Ban Cousins a cheat, just because we know for a fact he used illicit drugs regularly.

Point me out where I said Ben Cousins was a cheat?

Of course he did, you just aren't privy to his medical records.

Lucky for Ben Cousins his doctors aren't as inept as those testing other players hey?

They are either out there or the tests don't work. You haven't seen them because they were never meant for your eyes. Put it together.

Treading a fine line here (for a card, injunction and all) so forgive me if the following statement is vague:

We KNOW that six players have twice tested positive to illicit substances.

Of those six, we KNOW that three of them are from a particular club (not West Coast, or Richmond) and we KNOW who those players are.

That should be suitably vague enough to escape punishment me thinks...

What a disgrace of a club the scum are. How he only gets one week is
inexcusable.

Thank-god I go for Carlton, now there is a great culture to be proud of.

This is going to be kind of embarassing for you....

Taken from the LAWS OF THE GAME

21.1 APPLICATION​
The AFL Anti-Doping Code, as varied in accordance with Law 21.2, shall
apply to all persons to whom these Laws apply, unless a Controlling
Body has adopted its own code or policy which has been approved by​
the Australian Sports Drug Agency.

Oh dear, specifically mentioned in the laws of the game :eek:

Doping refers to performance enhancing drugs. Takers of recreational drugs are not cheats. This is obvious, and you seem to be putting alot of effort in to convince everyone of your stupidity.

Hope it all turns out how you'd hoped.:eek:

Point me out where I said Ben Cousins was a cheat?

When you said players who take cocaine are cheats.

Lucky for Ben Cousins his doctors aren't as inept as those testing other players hey?

Undoubtedly.

We KNOW that six players have twice tested positive to illicit substances.

Of those six, we KNOW that three of them are from a particular club (not West Coast, or Richmond) and we KNOW who those players are.

That should be suitably vague enough to escape punishment me thinks...

I KNOW all that. You've SAID all that already. It just doesn't MATTER beCAUSE tHe INjUNCtion WaS ThErE FoR A reaSON, which happens to invalidate all attempts to assert moral superiority unless you're willing to put your players medical records on the table.

Dr Who, is it?

I'm telling you, it dosen't.

Ask your mate from the ''World Anti-Doping Authority'' (local clinic) if he's ever done it himself to find out.
Yes, I think I will take a doc's opinion over some guy who insists over a forum.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back