Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll assess their flag credentials after the Collingwood and Sydney games.

If they win one of those two matches then I think they'd have to be some sort of chance.

If they go winless against the big 3 in Sydney, Carlton and Collingwood then they don't deserve to be in flag discussions and will be making up the numbers.

If they win one of those two matches then I think they'd have to be some sort of chance.

If they go winless against the big 3 in Sydney, Carlton and Collingwood then they don't deserve to be in flag discussions and will be making up the numbers.

OK pal thanks for the contribution :thumbsu:

You are in the wrong thread mate.

No logical posts needed here.

Best case scenario is finishing 3rd and playing Carlton. If they pull off one of the biggest upsets in world sporting history and beat the blues in a qualifying final, I'm worried for the BigFooty servers.

Best case scenario is finishing 3rd and playing Carlton. If they pull off one of the biggest upsets in world sporting history and beat the blues in a qualifying final, I'm worried for the BigFooty servers.

Big footy servers...

I would worry about the internet as a whole.

Sipping Mark Zuckerberg GIF

Biggest fortnight in two decades starts tonight. Get a win against Geelong and they are very likely playing finals. Beat Collingwood next week and they are a good chance to finish in the 3-6 range which means they are more than just making up the numbers. Cap that off by holding on against Melbourne and they can genuinely take a shot at top 4 (and incredibly, top 2 is on the table given their cupcake schedule).

Drop two of those and they likely slide back into the pack...

We may need a formal inquiry into whoever did their fixture this year. I know they haven't been good in forever but after this tricky little.run of MCG games they have 4 games in 5 weeks against non-Victorian teams at Marvel (and St Kilda in the middle).

But all year they have been rock solid and they have good contributors right across the list. Next 3 weeks will be very interesting to watch.

(And yes, as a Carlton supporter i would love them to finish 2 or 3, with us in the other slot and Freo 4th.... would be an armchair ride to the GF!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even gifting them a home game in the away column we still beat our fraudulent bunnies from Tullamarine.
Hope we get em twice in next years fixture.

They have 7 wins against the current bottom 6. It's all downhill from here.
Essendon did make finals in 2021 they got 11 wins and 11 losses and 8th spot.

I looked up their wins that season. They beat only 2 sides that made the top 8. that was the Bulldogs ad Port. They beat collingwod twice who finished 17th.

They beat North Melbourne too.

Side bar - the Mariners are doing well this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back