Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Last nights result was good for the comp.
Can’t have Essendon up there in this years finals series.

Teams like Collingwood and Western Bulldogs will give much more competition when finals time comes.

you know its bad when Norf supporters try to pile on let alone Eagles supporters

Carlton supporters are a special breed so can understand why we live rent free in the heads of so many but gee whiz.. the cool aid was drunk and the post wasn't even made by an Essendon supporter.. Well done kreuze_missile so many simpletons bought the Kool aid

I wouldn't be crowing like a few of these opposition supporters. All but Sydney are still at risk of missing finals, and as of right now, the 13th placed team is still in the hunt.

But it's an internet forum, where anyone with an arseh*le not only has an opinion, but can now write it/voice it, have it read and replied to in the immediate term, and then left to wither forever as junk in the cyberspace.

I wouldn't be crowing like a few of these opposition supporters. All but Sydney are still at risk of missing finals, and as of right now, the 13th placed team is still in the hunt.

But it's an internet forum, where anyone with an arseh*le not only has an opinion, but can now write it/voice it, have it read and replied to in the immediate term, and then left to wither forever as junk in the cyberspace.
yep, unfortunately the (anti) trolling from K_M is allowed to and has been allowed to since this thread was started and opposed supporters mostly lap it up. Same as the Dodoro thread.

The main board resembles more of Bay 13 than it does the main board of one of the biggest football forums on the internet now a days

Ok, Draper has talent & played well at times last night.

But he needs to learn he is NOT the I50 kicker or ball winner. The commentators were hyping him after a dirty turnover entry last night when he could have given the handball, and talking about WHAT A WEAPON it is that the ruck can follow up, be the ball winner & then….turn it over? What in the actual ****? Being tall gives you the right to turn it over because it’s impressive you got the ball?

Draper needs a serious stint in the 2s if he thinks that is his game. It’s a team game, play your role, you are not the clearance or F50 kicker. Obviously a scrappy game is different, but he needs to prioritise the handball at stoppages and always have a runner going past to give it too.

Otherwise it’s shocking turnover after shocking turnover.
I heard a stat on afl360 during the week from Champion data about the highest rating ruckmen pre clearance (getting hit outs and ensuring the ball goes your teams way) and post clearance (being able to impact the game after the hit outs). For example Max Gawn was #5 pre clearance and #1 post clearances.

Someone asked where Draper rated and he was the 18th rated ruckman in the comp pre clearance and the 21st rated ruckman post clearance.

I heard a stat on afl360 during the week from Champion data about the highest rating ruckmen pre clearance (getting hit outs and ensuring the ball goes your teams way) and post clearance (being able to impact the game after the hit outs). For example Max Gawn was #5 pre clearance and #1 post clearances.

Someone asked where Draper rated and he was the 18th rated ruckman in the comp pre clearance and the 21st rated ruckman post clearance.
Draper is crap, the sooner Essendon Football Club wakes up this and moves on the better we will be.

Buffoon who's brain dead actions and tomfoolery will stop us from taking the next step as an AFL football side. Apparently interest from Adelaide as a free agent next year. I hope it comes to fruition because im not a fan anymore. Will support but not a fan like I once was

As fun as it is to pile on the Bombers, the Crows are no slouches and have shown they're a better side than where they sit (Their percentage highlights that as well).

A few weeks back when the Bombers were firmly in the Top 4, I heard everyone saying "The ladder doesn't lie". It doesn't but what's included in said ladder is percentage, of which their's has been questionable all season.

For me the Bombers are not a Top 4 side, hence why I (and many) thought they'd come tumbling down. I do however believe they're good enough to play finals and maybe win one on their best day. I also believe they're certainly capable of missing finals due to how tight the competition is at the moment.

Sunday afternoon game at the MCG against Freo could seriously get them back on track. Not sure the bright lights of Friday suits the Bombers at the moment.

Draper is crap, the sooner Essendon Football Club wakes up this and moves on the better we will be.

Buffoon who's brain dead actions and tomfoolery will stop us from taking the next step as an AFL football side. Apparently interest from Adelaide as a free agent next year. I hope it comes to fruition because im not a fan anymore. Will support but not a fan like I once was

Absolutely agree with this.

Draper is the reason Goldstein was brought in. Scott didnt rate Draper last year and thought Goldstein could fast track Bryans development. Its up in the air whether that has happened or not.

The last 10 minutes of the game ROB did what he wanted. ROB isnt in the top 10 rucks in the comp.

Id move Draper now to Adelaide. Not wait for next year. Id then make a play for Sean Darcy.

Essendon arent genuine if Draper is their number 1 ruck.

Bombers have a pretty tough run home to finals, will they make it?

Saints(A), Dockers(H), Suns(H), Swans(H), Lions(A).

could easily lose all 5 of those.

we are ****in cooked, and have been for quite some time.

Ok, Draper has talent & played well at times last night.

But he needs to learn he is NOT the I50 kicker or ball winner. The commentators were hyping him after a dirty turnover entry last night when he could have given the handball, and talking about WHAT A WEAPON it is that the ruck can follow up, be the ball winner & then….turn it over? What in the actual ****? Being tall gives you the right to turn it over because it’s impressive you got the ball?

Draper needs a serious stint in the 2s if he thinks that is his game. It’s a team game, play your role, you are not the clearance or F50 kicker. Obviously a scrappy game is different, but he needs to prioritise the handball at stoppages and always have a runner going past to give it too.

Otherwise it’s shocking turnover after shocking turnover.

that goal of the year was the worst thing that could have happened to draper.

every time he touches the ball near the fwd 50 he tries to recreate it.

needs to ****in pull his head in and do the 1%ers.

As fun as it is to pile on the Bombers, the Crows are no slouches and have shown they're a better side than where they sit (Their percentage highlights that as well).

A few weeks back when the Bombers were firmly in the Top 4, I heard everyone saying "The ladder doesn't lie". It doesn't but what's included in said ladder is percentage, of which their's has been questionable all season.

For me the Bombers are not a Top 4 side, hence why I (and many) thought they'd come tumbling down. I do however believe they're good enough to play finals and maybe win one on their best day. I also believe they're certainly capable of missing finals due to how tight the competition is at the moment.

Sunday afternoon game at the MCG against Freo could seriously get them back on track. Not sure the bright lights of Friday suits the Bombers at the moment. Since then, exposure was just a matter of time.

make no mistake, Adelaide are an utterly terrible team.

it's just that Essendon are too, everyone got sucked into thinking Essendon were good because of a faux ladder position.

Our writing was on the wall since we barely beat Adelaide, West Coast, Richmond & North earlier in the year. Exposure was just a matter of time following that.

Ordinary average team happen to be playing well in 2024.
Last few weeks getting found out.
Gimme v Pies but all been down hill aprt from that.
Make week 1 of finals then bomb out.
2025 i have them on the slide again.
See StKilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven’t won a final in decades.

There’s zero rent.

We just think you’re funny.
nuh, we do

every loss you and the cohort run to the main board to clog it up with your (anti) love fest for Essendon

can try to convince everyone else but we all see through i

nuh, we do

every loss you and the cohort run to the main board to clog it up with your (anti) love fest for Essendon

can try to convince everyone else but we all see through i
What else would you expect with all the pole smoking going on in the pro Bombers media?

Just this year we've had...

The Essendon Edge.

Merret is the best captain in the AFL.

Mckay is the recruit of the year.

Caddy is the next Curnow/superstar.

Every single unconvincing win against mediocre opposition is considered a statement win. The carry on after the Pies victory was cringeworthy, especially where Collingwood are now.

It's regularly forced upon the footy public that they're in the games elite, both some players and the team. The only thing Essendon is elite at is getting ahead of themselves, both supporters and the club.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back