Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have had a bad patch, but if they correct course and win the games they should (with a fairly okay draw), they're still a 50/50 chance at snatching 4th. Home elimination final still looks probable, at the very least.
Uh oh, slipping on banana peels against interstate sides at home now.

Not looking too good.

Out of curiosity, what game do you rate as the worst?

The Adelaide comeback game in 2013 was one of the most gutting for sure. 4 goals up with 4 minutes to go. Lost about 10 games by under 10 points that year alone. Could pick about 20 more games over that 2012-2018 that were identitcal.

Gold coast in 2015 - they had a huge injury list and we were playing for top 4, we go up there and get smashed by 9 goals.

Essendon 2019 - I think this is the game that got him fired if I remember right

I sat through a few 100 point losses (including one at the MCG where it pissed down with rain the entire game) but tonight was just so eerily reminiscent of 2013 era Brad it was almost unbelievable.

I have never seen a pro-sports team lose in such fashion as often as we did that year (except maybe Freo a few years earlier?). And then we repeated it in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 September 2024 will be the 20 year anniversary of not winning a final. I wonder if there will be merch to mark the occasion.

'viginti annus'

Oh the irony.
Is it actually 20 years?

Damn I didn't realise it was that long

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

They couldn’t miss the 8 from here.

Surely not.

This all has to amount to something more than a favourable early season draw.

It just has to.

The mighty bombers will never miss the eight. they are setting up a trap for the rest of the comp, you watch how they will slam everyone on the way to the greatest flag in history. Watch the Bombers fly up, up to the the premiership flag.......

Adrian Dodoro has turned Windy Hill into a genuine premiership threat.

Ben McKay is a legitimate All Australian contender. Jade Gresham is flying on the half-forward line. And Todd Goldstein has wound the clock back a decade.

Jake Stringer is having an all-time great contract year, his best year yet since his last contract year.

The young core of oustanding talent have all taken a masive leap. Guns like Dylan Shiel and Sam Draper still to come back into the best 22.

I don't know exactly what "the edge" is but this team is playing like it's 1993.

I think they can win it all. And not just this one - maybe a few.

haha-funny.gif

Out of curiosity, what game do you rate as the worst?

Adelaide 2013 stands alone to signify the inability of Scott to coach North through close games. Aside from last night he’s done alright at Essendon.

Sam Kerridge kicked 6.

West Coast in consecutive weeks with the NicNat after the siren goal wasn’t much better.

Attachments

• IMG_9018.png
    IMG_9018.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Ok, Draper has talent & played well at times last night.

But he needs to learn he is NOT the I50 kicker or ball winner. The commentators were hyping him after a dirty turnover entry last night when he could have given the handball, and talking about WHAT A WEAPON it is that the ruck can follow up, be the ball winner & then….turn it over? What in the actual ****? Being tall gives you the right to turn it over because it’s impressive you got the ball?

Draper needs a serious stint in the 2s if he thinks that is his game. It’s a team game, play your role, you are not the clearance or F50 kicker. Obviously a scrappy game is different, but he needs to prioritise the handball at stoppages and always have a runner going past to give it too.

Otherwise it’s shocking turnover after shocking turnover.

Ok, Draper has talent & played well at times last night.

But he needs to learn he is NOT the I50 kicker or ball winner. The commentators were hyping him after a dirty turnover entry last night when he could have given the handball, and talking about WHAT A WEAPON it is that the ruck can follow up, be the ball winner & then….turn it over? What in the actual ****? Being tall gives you the right to turn it over because it’s impressive you got the ball?

Draper needs a serious stint in the 2s if he thinks that is his game. It’s a team game, play your role, you are not the clearance or F50 kicker. Obviously a scrappy game is different, but he needs to prioritise the handball at stoppages and always have a runner going past to give it too.

Otherwise it’s shocking turnover after shocking turnover.

And his miss cost them the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back