Essendon District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by 8485
Assuming Douttas win against Keilor Park the big clash is Abers v Strathmore with the winner staying in the 4. Had a couple beers at Abers last night and they are quietly confident but spoke to a Strathmore player today and they feel the same. Hopefully it's a great game and an even better luncheon in the Abers rooms! An even better scenario would be for Douttas to lose and then we could watch all their supporters start eating their own - just like Richmond supporters!!

and Doutta Stars will sack there coach again like a few weeks ago.

Top win by Abers on the weekend. It was a pretty good game and close all day. We will have our work cut out beating Doutta's on Saturday, though, as they have won both encounters this year. It's a pity that they aren't playing on the Sunday with the U18's and reserves all at the same ground.

And well done on Minton-Connell for winning the EDFL goal kicking (again!). This time he had stiff opposition from Aaron James, but he managed to knock him off in the end. Hopefully he comes up OK for the Doutta's game, as he went off injured in the last minutes of Saturday's game.

EDFL Finals series will be a ripper this year even though the standard is very poor.
My tip is a Sunbury Filled Oak Park to beat Keilor and only because they have those Sunbury boys running around for them!!!!
Abers are a disgrace this year, all i heard from mates was how good Abers were and when i went to watch it was such a let down.
Would love to see the EDFL sides up againts the Ballarat or Bendigo sides like Melton Sth,Darley,Gisborne,Sunbury,Sandhurts, they would get a flogging!!!

cheers

Originally posted by tige19
EDFL Finals series will be a ripper this year even though the standard is very poor.
My tip is a Sunbury Filled Oak Park to beat Keilor and only because they have those Sunbury boys running around for them!!!!
Abers are a disgrace this year, all i heard from mates was how good Abers were and when i went to watch it was such a let down.
Would love to see the EDFL sides up againts the Ballarat or Bendigo sides like Melton Sth,Darley,Gisborne,Sunbury,Sandhurts, they would get a flogging!!!

cheers

Yeah and I went to see a Coburg Twos game and the standard was unbelievable. All those kids who knew the game Back to Front. Especially this kid Adam. Should have seen him. Dead set gun. My mates couldn't believe he didnt get drafted.

"By the way Marge if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic". Watch Abers in the finals. After we steam roll the 'one man band' this week. Cookey came from Darley last year and said the standard was very similar.

Keilor now are even hotter favs after today - held Oak Park to only one goal to 3/4 time. Douttas beat a disappointing Abers after Abers were well up at 1/4 time. Ashley Hicks at 39 even played for Douttas and made a significant contribution with 2 goals. Hopefully Abers stick tight with Ross Smith and forget about some of the ferals baying for his blood! B grade has opened up with West Coburg flogging Taylors Lakes in the bog at Windy Hill. Now it appears any of the 3 left could win and no one would be surprised. Suppose West Coburg should be favs though. In the U18s top team Abers lost easily to Strathmore - may be not as good as they thought they were or perhaps giving no respect to quality opposition. Will be interesting to see how they go against an in form Keilor in the Prelim final. Good to see Jacana U18s win today in B grade. Hopefully a positive sign for the club for next year.

Well, that confirms that I WON'T be going to the EDFL A Grade grand final. B Grade looks more likely. Is it being played at Windy Hill or Coburg?

Usually Windy Hill on a Saturday. A grade GF on the Sunday. Assume it's the same this year.

I'll be watching Tulla v Taylors Lakes this week and having plenty to drink, I think tulla will win this week but wont be good enough to beat West Coburg in the GF.

I hope Essendon don't play on Saturday next week if Tulla are in the Granny.

Originally posted by rednugget
I'll be watching Tulla v Taylors Lakes this week and having plenty to drink, I think tulla will win this week but wont be good enough to beat West Coburg in the GF.

I think that Essendon will play on either Friday night or Saturday, otherwise they get too much of an advantage over who they play with regard to the time between games - unless we play Collingwood again.

I was hoping to go to the Div 1 Preliminary Finals, but have something on, so can't make it. Abers reserves and U18's will need to do some improving to get into the GF. The U18's are going for 4 in a row.

So tape the Essendon game - and go watch Tulla!

I'll be going no matter who plays - because I won't be going on Sunday! (Damn you, Keilor!)

Originally posted by timelord
So tape the Essendon game - and go watch Tulla!

I'll be going no matter who plays - because I won't be going on Sunday! (Damn you, Keilor!)

No the bombers are my number 1 priority. I can always head back to the club after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who hasn't caught up with the news, the A grade matches this Sunday will be played at Coburg, rather than Windy Hill.

Seniors Doutta Stars v Oak Park. Reserves Doutta Stars v Aberfeldie. Under 18s Keilor v Aberfeldie.

Tulla won today by 47 pts to make it two Grand finals in as many years.

Taylors lakes after being on top all year and only losing one game went bang, bang. Out in straight sets.

Same thing happened to Greenvale a few years back. The next year they made the GF and lost to Keilor Park. The next year they won it.

West Coburg v Tullamarine next Saturday - at Windy Hill I assume. And I will be there.

Had a look a B grade today - Tulla very impressive. Should be a 50/50 game next week against West Coburg - good luck to Snake though!! Glad Taylors Lakes aren't in A grade next year - atrocious ground (try playing cricket on it!!), shocking rooms - portables - and the most feral supporters around - even worse than Westies. Will have a look at A grade tomorrow. Hopefully Abers can win the first two games although both could go either way. Oak Park should absolutely kill Douttas but who knows if it ****es down as predicted.

Originally posted by 8485
Glad Taylors Lakes aren't in A grade next year - atrocious ground (try playing cricket on it!!), shocking rooms - portables - and the most feral supporters around - even worse than Westies.

Should be a good game but I would expect West Coburg to get over the line, much harder at the ball then Tulla and know how to win when it matters. And it is good that Lakes didn't go up, there ground is a complete joke. In the away rooms there are only 2 showers, both of which dont work properly. And their supporters aren't as feral as Westmeadows or Paccoes

No the bombers are my number 1 priority. I can always head back to the club after the game.

Well, now you've got no choice but to watch it on the box, RedNugget!

Friday Night - Fremantle v Essendon at Subiaco.

So you'll be at Windy Hill on Saturday won't you? :cool:

Originally posted by timelord
Well, now you've got no choice but to watch it on the box, RedNugget!

Friday Night - Fremantle v Essendon at Subiaco.

So you'll be at Windy Hill on Saturday won't you? :cool:

Sure will, and oh what a big day it will be.

GO TULLA!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back