Essendon fans and commentators whinge about Jobe being booed yet....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were booing Jobe the person, not the freaking AFL, nor Essendon.

Just goes to show who the easy target is. It just happens to be the individual who is caught up in the dealings of his club and the mechanizations of the investigation into his clubs dodgy practices. The players may yet get the biggest whack of all those under investigation when they are the people who deserve the most protection.

The deathly silence coming out of the AFL is deafening. Jobe made the admission to an illegal sporting action. Nothing done & nothing said!!!! The AFL are quick to jump on many things to protect their image. Why not protect the image of the game? Its being trashed in the eyes of the public.

Could that be really possible?

It can when you have amongst other things the Bombers supporters shouting out "Why don't you go rape another girl Darling?", he looks nothing like Andrew Lovett.

I don't understand why Watson was the only one copping the treatment.

Is it simply because he uttered the words "i know it and i took it"

so the did the rest of the ESS players, they just haven't said it.

not too bright over there in WA.
Jobe knowingly made himself the face of this issue Monday night.

I don't understand why Watson was the only one copping the treatment.

Is it simply because he uttered the words "i know it and i took it"

so the did the rest of the ESS players, they just haven't said it.

not too bright over there in WA.

Probably as he's the only Bomber to admit it so far, if another player had come out and said it they would have been targeted as well.

Firstly let me say that I think the AFL are to blame for us having such a ridiculus situation in the first place. As soon as Jobe opened his mouth on Monday night, his was always going to happen.

Not overly keen on defending the Weags but this seems to have turned into some WA specific thing for some people. When something happens at Subi it's always a 'West Australian issue'. When something bad happens in Melbourne, it's a general 'society issue'... give us a break.

Unless you are damn sure your club wouldn't have reacted the same with some portions of the crowd booing the bloke who has just confessed to taking a banned substance, you should probably keep your mouth shut. There have been some despicable things said and done in the crowds in recent times and this seems pretty mild in comparison. Anyone that's ever been to a Collingwood, Richmond or Carlton (not to single them out but just to name a few) game would probably bet against the fact that Jobe would have got a polite clap every time he was near the ball should he had come up against any of them last night. West Coast drew the short straw as it were, it had to be someone.

Things like this always seem exaggerated at Subi due to the fact that it's a 2 team town and unless it's a derby, the crowd is going to be extremely one sided. In Melbourne obviously it's watered down somewhat given there's usually a large number of supporters on both teams.

Jobe's a champ of the game and I'm not saying I would have booed him personally- but for God's sake people, let's not get carried away. He will survive a bit of booing! I'm pretty sure it won't be the last time the Bombers here that kind of reaction given the way things are.

PS- suck s&#t West Coast.

Shush.. they don't want to hear that sort of talk over here.

PS- Liked your post until this -PS- suck s&#t West Coast :D

Although we do deserve it, we are very ordinary this year

Jobe knowingly made himself the face of this issue Monday night.

as i said, the booing folks are not too bright.

the dude in defence repelling the WCE attack, the bloke in the forward line kicking the goals, they all took the same drug too, probably another 15 players in the ESS uniform..........if Jobe knew, they all knew.

oh, oh, they have to admit it on a national program to get the boos. ok then. play on. :rolleyes:

dumb nuffy WCE put all their eggs in the one basket. tried to unsettle one player. got beat by a team.

enjoy september booing at the tele from your lounge rooms.

:D

Completely incorrect!

Steroids help you put on muscle.
AOD helps you lose fat.

Obviously you don't remember Dean Rioli because that bloke could have done with a shit load of AOD...

This substance is prohibited across the WORLD why on Earth would Essendon and anyone else think they are not cheats for taking it.
Dean Rioli, wow theres proof right there AOD is a PED....WTF?

Completely incorrect. Research has proven it is not a PED, hence it is a class s0 substance

The deathly silence coming out of the AFL is deafening. Jobe made the admission to an illegal sporting action. Nothing done & nothing said!!!! The AFL are quick to jump on many things to protect their image. Why not protect the image of the game? Its being trashed in the eyes of the public.
No need to take it out on the guys whose careers are on the line.

The AFL are now in a position where they either ban all players who took AOD or wait until the investigation is completed. There is no definitive answer from ASADA yet so I cannot see how they can ban players who may yet be deemed ok to be playing. Removing them from the playing field at this point is a greater injustice than allowing them to play.

If they are deemed guilty of a doping violation they will be dealt with. Until then there is not much that can be done until that verdict is handed down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the dude in defence repelling the WCE attack, the bloke in the forward line kicking the goals, they all took the same drug too, probably another 15 players in the ESS uniform..........if Jobe knew, they all knew.

oh, oh, they have to admit it on a national program to get the boos. ok then. play on. :rolleyes:

dumb nuffy WCE put all their eggs in the one basket. tried to unsettle one player. got beat by a team.

Again, we don't have names so who knows how many others also took it. The only think you can say for certain is that Goddard and Kommer were the only ones you couldn't boo as they weren't on Essendon's list last season.

Not too bright?

Every player is afforded the right to the presumption of innocence.

So whilst in all likelihood many or all of the players took the drugs, there is no evidence (yet) that they did.

The only evidence we have is Jobe's admission on Monday night. He forfeited his right to the presumption of innocence with his confession. He took the drug.

You seem to be the bright one, name me categorically the other players that took it and show me the evidence.....

Those who attend games have the right to cheering or boo players, umps..etc, is all part of the game.

Jobe is not the first player to get booed, he wont be the last either.

UMPS get booed all the time.

Not too bright?

Every player is afforded the right to the presumption of innocence.

So whilst in all likelihood many or all of the players took the drugs, there is no evidence (yet) that they did.

The only evidence we have is Jobe's admission on Monday night. He forfeited his right to the presumption of innocence with his confession. He took the drug.

You seem to be the bright one, name me categorically the other players that took it and show me the evidence.....

has it been established that he's guilty of any offence? as i said, not too bright.

appears the mob have got yet another use for those pitch forks without knowing the outcome.

considering what the stakes are, for him to come out with those comments seem to suggest at this point that he's comfortable that they'll get off.

no doubt that if the players and the club are cleared of all this, the ruling will be ignored and the general consensus will be that their guilty anyway.

i find it amusing that its WCE fans getting all judgemental with this considering that clubs history with any drugs.

has it been established that he's guilty of any offence?

appears the mob have got yet another use for those pitch forks without knowing the outcome.

no doubt that if the players and the club are cleared of all this, the ruling will be ignored and the general consensus will be that their guilty anyway.

i find it amusing that its WCE fans getting all judgemental with this considering that clubs history with any drugs.

He has admitted taking the AOD drug
It has been confirmed banned since Jan 1 2011

Now back to your other argument about not booing the other players - you haven't answered it yet - or are you deflecting?

Oh - and comparing illicit drug use to banned WADA drugs? Interesting strawman.

One drug is banned outright. Banned on Mondays, Banned in Winter, Summer. Even banned on a sunday morning in the toilet with a coffee and a cigarette. The other is banned only on match day only.

We don't boo Liberatore, Johnson, Injunction Club, the self reporters. We do boo a guy who has admitted taking a banned drug who hasn't been stood down.

Staggering just how many people don't grasp this.
The investigation into the drug regime isn't over yet so his innocence is still in question. I assume he is entitled to the same standard of law as everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back