Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boooooooo......not club does it better then Essendon. Disgraceful showing of Anzac spirit. Next years Anzac Day they should ban all Essendon members from attending the mcg

No

For those saying the booing was not for Pendlebury, come off it. We can all expect a boo, and the way Essendon lost I understand the frustration, but when Pendlebury came up to speak, was booed as any player might be, he paused and waited for the boos to subside. Alas, they did not but they become more vociferous. Clearly aimed at Pendlebury.

I am sick of being criticised for calling out bullshit behaviour under the false pretense of political correctness or free speech. It was deplorable.

Pendlebury has likely achieved more in his life than each of those that booed him, particularly the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilarious comment - every supporter base the world over has *******s in their midst. This is not determined by who they follow.

FMD some of the shit that comes out of people on this forum. Another idiot.
Why do you only fly this flag for anti-collingwood posts, when the majority of posts against a supporter base have been against the Bombers?

For those saying the booing was not for Pendlebury, come off it. We can all expect a boo, and the way Essendon lost I understand the frustration, but when Pendlebury came up to speak, was booed as any player might be, he paused and waited for the boos to subside. Alas, they did not but they become more vociferous. Clearly aimed at Pendlebury.

I am sick of being criticised for calling out bullshit behaviour under the false pretense of political correctness or free speech. It was deplorable.

Pendlebury has likely achieved more in his life than each of those that booed him, particularly the second time.

Great post. Essendon fans should be ashamed. Atleast the Collingwood chant at the end of the game was great to drawn out all the boos

Hilarious comment - every supporter base the world over has *******s in their midst. This is not determined by who they follow.

FMD some of the shit that comes out of people on this forum. Another idiot.

Some of the posters here were the same that laid hard and fast into Essendon and Hird and the players during and after the drug saga yet now because Collingwood won they are willing to turn the other cheek and twist facts to suit a narrative. Deplorable.

Some of the posters here were the same that laid hard and fast into Essendon and Hird and the players during and after the drug saga yet now because Collingwood won they are willing to turn the other cheek and twist facts to suit a narrative. Deplorable.

It’s the Essendon way

Salary cap cheats that won them the 1993 premiership and drug cheats. Oh how I do believe in karma

Oh so now it’s drowning out booing that’s not ok

But general booing is ok

Is there a decibel reading that identifies the limit

It’s the difference between did a few people get upset and boo and hell I can’t hear any booing on the Shuey presentation but I am deaf so will take your word that someone booed, but this was obviously every Essendon fan left in the ground to be loud enough to drown out Pendlebury.

If you can’t tell the difference between a few people booing and a whole supporter base well that’s your problem...

This post is beautiful.

You will never understand the irony of your response to the post you quoted.

I do like Collingwood people getting all high and mighty considering they were booing Sheed and Gaff just three weeks ago :drunk:

Again, another “independent” poster laying a boot into a competitor to suit a narrative.

Not that I agree with the booing of Sheed, there is a thing called decorum. I don’t recall Collingwood booing West Coast during the Grand Final acceptance speeches or medal collections. Happy to stand corrected but I probably won’t hear from you.

It’s the difference between did a few people get upset and boo and hell I can’t hear any booing on the Shuey presentation but I am deaf so will take your word that someone booed, but this was obviously every Essendon fan left in the ground to be loud enough to drown out Pendlebury.

If you can’t tell the difference between a few people booing and a whole supporter base well that’s your problem...

It’s ok mate

The aFl is going to release a media conference stating that only every second person can boo from now on.

Again, another “independent” poster laying a boot into a competitor to suit a narrative.

Not that I agree with the booing of Sheed, there is a thing called decorum. I don’t recall Collingwood booing West Coast during the Grand Final acceptance speeches or medal collections. Happy to stand corrected but I probably won’t hear from you.

Luke Shuey............

Nick Reiwolt 2010..........

Boooooooo......no club does it better then Essendon. Disgraceful showing of Anzac spirit. Next years Anzac Day they should ban all Essendon members from attending the mcg
calm down.
yes it was bad. But spare the mayo please.

Also, WCE >>>>>>> any other supporter group in the comp.
Good on them though. they create a cauldron type atmosphere at their ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an interview with Sidebottom after the game, the commentators asked what he thought of the booing of Pendlebury.

He summed it up perfectly with a "who cares?"

At the end of the day, who does care?

A few irrelevant football commentators who want to shape the game???

Let the fans boo I say!

Can you link me to your posts critizing when Collingwood boo opponents.

Thanks in advance

There did seem to be an ugly mood among the crowd, I think the Pendlebury free was 50:50, but what pisses a lot of Essendon fans off is the missed high tackles on Walla and other poor decisions. Had Essendon won by 4 point the argument on the umps would extend to the goal review. It was just a poorly umpired game.

Can you link me to your posts critizing when Collingwood boo opponents.

Thanks in advance

You have two hands and two eyes? Search for them yourself.

The issue isn’t so much the booing, it’s the timing of the booing and then the doubling down of some Essendon posters stating that it was not aimed at Pendlebury when it clearly was.

It’s like trying on a t-shirt, intentionally walking out of the store with it without paying, getting caught and then saying it was an accident. It wasn’t an accident. It was a targeted boo at Pendlebury. I have no problem with people booing him, but don’t pretend like it was not a boo at him whilst he was trying to speak during Anzac Day.

There did seem to be an ugly mood among the crowd, I think the Pendlebury free was 50:50, but what pisses a lot of Essendon fans off is the missed high tackles on Walla and other poor decisions. Had Essendon won by 4 point the argument on the umps would extend to the goal review. It was just a poorly umpired game.

Tippa could have got 2 clear frees during the game and maybe another 2 50/50s.

The Guelfi and Bagueley free kicks that directly resulted in goals surely make up for them.

Every Essendon v Collingwood game I go to all the Essendon fans do is boo!! They are experts at it!!

But to boo a champion is disgusting. Shame on you Essendon

Really, that was the first time I've heard an Essendon crowd that dirty, it started with the crowd's reaction to the umpiring and grew from there.

Tippa could have got 2 clear frees during the game and maybe another 2 50/50s.

The Guelfi and Bagueley free kicks that directly resulted in goals surely make up for them.

Sure they do even out but that did seem like an overly poor umpiring performance and its not like Essendon didn't have it chances for it could still have won it, just as the Pies could have won by a larger margin if they took their first quarter chances.

Gee I only watched the game tonight, after reading comment after comment about how disgraceful the umpiring was. There were a couple of iffy decisions as there are in all games but otherwise it was absolutely fine, and I have no great love for either team. Callum brown free in the last minute wasn't great but neither was the Baguley free from in front earlier in Q4 and only one of them resulted in a goal. Essendon lost it based on their horrendous disposal - particularly from prime movers like Sheil, Merrett and Tipungwuti

Piss poor for anyone to boo Pendlebury. Sick of hearing all the best players of the game get boo'd these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back