Essendon vs Hawthorn review

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say he's a major part of our side this year. No doubt he'll do good things when playing in the seniors but with Lloyd, Lucas and Hird starting in the side, we don't want our forward line crowded with talls all the time. Still a year or two away from becoming a key player for us.

Well, he certainly adds to giving opposition coaches' headaches trying to match up on us.

Well, he certainly adds to giving opposition coaches' headaches trying to match up on us.
Yeah when he's dangerous. I don't think he's consistent enough to play FF yet while we still have Lloyd. Not saying he won't play many senior games this year, just that I think he'd benefit from playing some games at Bendigo.

Sheeds has shown a lot of patience with Johns over the last few years, i think that this year could well be the year that he stands up and shows his stuff.
He's going to create opportunities in the forward line being the 3rd tall, opposition defenders won't know what to do.
Plus he's a hulking presence. Get as many senior games into him i say.

EDIT: Decided i should edit what i originally wrote.

Don't want to sink to your level and have sook and start name calling.

[insert cry baby emote here]

All i wanted to do was to express my thoughts. Henry, while he still has so much to learn about becoming a great footballer, is young and has some magic moments. He has been courageous in some of his footy and also been a bit of a hesitater, but when he has a good game i would expect him to cop as much acknowledgment as the next guy. People who know me will tell you that I'm a nuts slatts fan, and i will put my hand up every time when it needs to be done. A bit melodramatic, i know, but isn't everyone on these bloody things? Maybe a better word for it is passionate!!!!!

No hard feelings and lets hope we **** on everyone this year and prove all them ****ers wrong!

All i wanted to do was to express my thoughts. Henry, while he still has so much to learn about becoming a great footballer, is young and has some magic moments. He has been courageous in some of his footy and also been a bit of a hesitater, but when he has a good game i would expect him to cop as much acknowledgment as the next guy. People who know me will tell you that I'm a nuts slatts fan, and i will put my hand up every time when it needs to be done. A bit melodramatic, i know, but isn't everyone on these bloody things? Maybe a better word for it is passionate!!!!!

No hard feelings and lets hope we **** on everyone this year and prove all them ****ers wrong!

I can understand your passion for Henry, but i didn't appreciate being called ignorant because i didn't notice Henry much, although i tried to clarify this.
I could have just said he was very ordinary, but i thought that wasn't fair either.

I actually think he is a very promising player,maybe a little over zelous at times, but reminds me a lot of an angry O'Donnell.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and no hard feelings here either and at the end of the day we all want the best for the Bombers, and let's hope we have a good year.

BTW, we also support the same EPL side.

I can understand your passion for Henry, but i didn't appreciate being called ignorant because i didn't notice Henry much, although i tried to clarify this.
I could have just said he was very ordinary, but i thought that wasn't fair either.

I actually think he is a very promising player,maybe a little over zelous at times, but reminds me a lot of an angry O'Donnell.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and no hard feelings here either and at the end of the day we all want the best for the Bombers, and let's hope we have a good year.

I didn't call you ignorant personally, it was just a generational. Also, it just came across that you didn't rate him. I dont know how his hunkyness went unnoticed, but thats fine.
Go the Bombers in 2007, hopefully our year to succeed. And go liverpool:thumbsu:

i would have dempsey in the side as he makes things happens. if he got 15 possessions they would would be more damaging than heff getting 25.
I disagree. Heff is an experienced Premiership player, his excellent football brain, good hands, and coolness through traffic was essential at times last year. He is a far more effective player than what Dempsey is.

Dempsey is pure pace. The kid still lacks composure and is extremely raw. We're playing Adelaide in Adelaide, his not a chance. Let him develop some confidence down at Bendigo, until then, his a work in progress.

if we want to take a chance and have a crack at winning the game dempsey should play. if we want to be competitive without being smashed play heff.

you can't compare heff to the player he was back in 2000

don't forget dempsey's game against the dogs in round 22 last year

Dempsey is no chance for round 1.

Needs a lot of work on his disposal.

Heff for me.

No chance what so ever.....i wouldn't be surprised if Heffernan gets a game in rd 1...Nash is out,so is Cole...my team for rd 1 i posted could include Heff I suppose...

Peverill might get a chance....depends on what Sheedy is thinking...we are all just guessing:)

No chance what so ever.....i wouldn't be surprised if Heffernan gets a game in rd 1...Nash is out,so is Cole...my team for rd 1 i posted could include Heff I suppose...

Peverill might get a chance....depends on what Sheedy is thinking...we are all just guessing:)

very true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we want to take a chance and have a crack at winning the game dempsey should play. if we want to be competitive without being smashed play heff.

you can't compare heff to the player he was back in 2000

don't forget dempsey's game against the dogs in round 22 last year

You're way off the mark with Dempsey. A little too much wishfull thinking on that one me thinks. He is not ready. Maybe by years end he might be pushing for a spot but I reckon next year will see him figure in the 22.

As for winning in Adelaide then we have to look at the usual suspects Hird, Lloyd, Fletcher, Lucas and add some spark from the likes of Watson, McPhee, Stanton, Winderlich, Dyson, Monfries, Davey and consistent games from the rest and we are in with a good chance of an upset.

Great feedback there everybody and great reading does anyone no how the Bendigo Bomber match went afterwoulds. and if anyone did how did our young players play and Jason Cloke and the bloke from West Coast i forgot his name how did they go

Makes me wanna chuck. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon vs Hawthorn review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back