Essendon's new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

For those wanting Hird, aren't you concerned that he hasn't coached in any capacity? I reckon the days of appointing coaches without apprenticeships are over as the recent punts have ended in tears fairly quickly. Tim Watson is one who comes to mind but I think there were others after him as well.

The poster boy as to why you need to do a coaching apprenticeship

Channel10_publicitypix_voss_800px.jpg

Given the fact Essendon only won 7 games for the season I can understand you want to latch onto every win you can but seriously just because you beat a good side doesn't mean anything . Your whole season was a shambles and the list is crappy no matter how you look at it. Deflecting from the truth only makes you look silly

Sorry but I don't really think Carlton supporters are in a position to talk. You have been rebuilding for ten years now and all you can manage is an 8th spot finish and likely exit in the first round of the finals. You'll never win a flag with your current list either.

I don't want Hird as the coach, at least not yet. The ideal scenario would be Choco or Laidley as coach with Hird as apprentice for a couple of years before taking the helm.

Sorry but since when was this a topic on Carlton all of a sudden. The fact that you continue to deflect off the subject shows how ignorant you are. For what it worth I know where we are at with Carlton and I don't need tools like u turning this into a my team v your team arguement

saying our "list is crappy" is pretty hard to swallow from a Carlton supporter :rolleyes:

What is with these Freo tossers on their high horse?

Harvey has had about as much success as coach as Knights had. What is it, 11th, 14th, 14th and a yet to be determined top eight finish?

This Freo tosser is going to watch his side play finals footy next week turbo, you will probably be cheering on Carlton.

During the off season this tosser will be anticipating round 1, 2011. Purely to see how our group of talented kids have come on under the Harvey tutorship.

Who's ya Daddy

I don't want Hird as the coach, at least not yet. The ideal scenario would be Choco or Laidley as coach with Hird as apprentice for a couple of years before taking the helm.

I can't see Choco agreeing to coach for two years to only be kicked out in the end. I think he will only go for it if there is a prospect of continueing to coach the club if he does well.

If any coach is signed up, Hird will not be assistant. If the club encourages the coach to take on Hird as an assistant, the coach would see what is happening and I would doubt he would put his full heart in developing the list.

I'm afraid that if Hird wants to get his apprenticeship it would have to be at another club or alternatively put him on now without any coaching experience at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choco could be good, but he could quite as easily be a disaster. Port's last two years were poor, and Port are now traveling pretty well under Primus. Richardson or the Collingwood coach that the Power interviewed (name?) could be the go.

Who are the Geelong assistants by the way? I'd be looking at their assistants first and foremost.

I think the most suitable assistant, or ex assistant in this case, from the Geelong stable for the Essendon job would be Ken Hinkley. Certainly the most experienced save for McCartney who would be a hard sell without AFL pedigree. Sanderson, Caracella and Nigel Lappin are our other current assistants.

Gee, with all the Media hype around Hird you'd always feel like you're under the pump coaching the Bombers until Hird eventually gets the gig.

I'm still betting on the romantic notion that Hird will coaching the Bombers in 2011.

James Hird playing coach Mathew lloyd assistant will give a Telly to anyone with 2 possessions best of all wont have to listen to there commentry genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back