Mega Thread Essendon's punishment - Opinion, theories etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Goddard should be given free agency so that they can move to another club.

The AFL is already preparing the FIXture for next year so assuming they do take the Anzac day match off Essendon I suggest it is rotated as follows:
2014 Richmond vs Hawthorn
2015 Bulldogs vs Kangaroos
2016 St Kilda vs Melbourne
2017 Carlton vs Collingwood.

My sauce reports the following will happen:

No penalties to the players
No penalties to the staff
A $200,000 suspended fine to the Essendon club for poor governance which hindered the investigation
The AFL will release a full apology to the club
The AFL will give a 1 million $ per year financial assistance over the next 10 years to help players overcome the trauma and mental anguish this episode has inflicted on them.
The bombers annual salary cap will by raised by 1 million for the next 10 years

A $200,000 suspended fine to the Essendon club for poor governance which hindered the investigation
The AFL will give a 1 million $ per year financial assistance over the next 10 years to help players overcome the trauma and mental anguish this episode has inflicted on them.
Lance Uppercut, is that you?

I've floated this scenario for some time.
They should start next season on minus 24 points in addition to loosing all points this season.
I agree with this completely. Losing points is pointless this year as they are no real threat to take the cup, next year would hurt them much more. But should probably be punished for both 2013 & 14 IMO.

I agree with this completely. Losing points is pointless this year as they are no real threat to take the cup, next year would hurt them much more. But should probably be punished for both 2013 & 14 IMO.

Yeah tote's I hope Essendon get there points stripped but only when they are a threat to the flag..... Not the year they allegedly cheated.

Mate whether you behind him or gettin' ridden upfront - I'd get off your sauce...

Should the bombers decide to take legal action then it should be shown that none of the money used was allocated by the afl - if they are that determined to protect hird and the club then it should be their members money that gets used not funds that are given to them by the afl

M.Robinson_0312.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players like Goddard should be given free agency so that they can move to another club.

The AFL is already preparing the FIXture for next year so assuming they do take the Anzac day match off Essendon I suggest it is rotated as follows:
2014 Richmond vs Hawthorn
2015 Bulldogs vs Kangaroos
2016 St Kilda vs Melbourne
2017 Carlton vs Collingwood.

If you're going to do rotate it make 2015 in Western Australia.

ANZACs did leave via Albany after all.

I love the double standards here.

At the suggestion that Essendon may have unintentionally taken a banned substance (that is arguably not even performance-enhancing) despite key people at the club (starting with Hird and Jobe) requesting that everything be above-board, and things now looking more and more likely as though it was either one stupid/rogue sports scientist and/or a breakdown of communication being responsible, you all scream "GUILTY!!! CHEATS!!!! BURN THEM ALL!!! START WITH HIRD!!! THEN BURN JOBE!!! BURN THEM ALL!!! CHEATS!!! CHEATS!!! INTEGRITY OF THE GAME!!!! CHEATS!!!" (blah blah blah...)

Yet none of you have any issues at the suggestion that, if Essendon take the AFL to court, the AFL should then deliberately match-fix Essendon games next year, influence and direct umpires to fix results, rig Essendon's fixture, etc etc etc...

... all things that are much worse than anything Essendon may or may not have done last year, and all things that would tarnish the reputation and integrity of the AFL forever.

No... there's no double standards here at all.

Seriously, this whole saga is exactly like the witch scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

you didn't mean to do it

but your sport scientists injected it

okey mate

btw - did you know former essedon employee Steven Dank nick:thumbsu: name is 'The Professor" :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back