Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting performance. Sure a point is good, but that was 20th like performance.
No issues with the style for me, they had three shots on target to our two. I don't see how else we were going to come out of that game with a result considering the comparison of squads and how our season has been.

Overall it wasn't pretty and I couldn't sit through many games like that but I'm happy to take a point and I'm loving them fumes from Klopp in his pressers and the sulky Liverpool supporters.

We're heading in the right direction, make a few good moves in the January window and we can actually salvage something out of the season.

No issues with the style for me, they had three shots on target to our two. I don't see how else we were going to come out of that game with a result considering the comparison of squads and how our season has been.

Overall it wasn't pretty and I couldn't sit through many games like that but I'm happy to take a point and I'm loving them fumes from Klopp in his pressers and the sulky Liverpool supporters.

We're heading in the right direction, make a few good moves in the January window and we can actually salvage something out of the season.
What? Look at the touches in the penalty area. The only thing that got us a point was their poor finishing and a soft penalty. That is not the right direction, that is back to bad Koeman days. On another day it could have easily been 6-0.

Even though it's a derby, I'd rather lose by attacking. All that game did was make us look bad and relegation worthy. It's the lowest % possession we've ever had since they started keeping that stat. Bournemouth and other relegation sides enjoy more chances. Hell Watford took it to them. Absolutely embarrassing for a club like us to go their playing for a draw.

Mate they’ve been piling on the goals probably better than anyone in Europe. While I understand your frustration playing an attacking game we’re not capable of at this stage would likely have seen us smashed.

Defensive solidarity was one thing we needed when Sam joined. 1 conceded in 4, I’d say he’s getting us there.

What? Look at the touches in the penalty area. The only thing that got us a point was their poor finishing and a soft penalty. That is not the right direction, that is back to bad Koeman days. On another day it could have easily been 6-0.

Even though it's a derby, I'd rather lose by attacking. All that game did was make us look bad and relegation worthy. It's the lowest % possession we've ever had since they started keeping that stat. Bournemouth and other relegation sides enjoy more chances. Hell Watford took it to them. Absolutely embarrassing for a club like us to go their playing for a draw.
I'm not going to go defending our performance, Liverpool spanked us over the pitch. They've got the better squad, have been scoring for fun and our Derby record is putrid, especially at Anfield. We were ever going to beat them at their own game. I think the tactic gave us the most realistic opportunity of taking any points from Liverpool.

Mate they’ve been piling on the goals probably better than anyone in Europe. While I understand your frustration playing an attacking game we’re not capable of at this stage would likely have seen us smashed.

Defensive solidarity was one thing we needed when Sam joined. 1 conceded in 4, I’d say he’s getting us there.
And if it wasn't for some poor finishing, they would have. Our defence was poor, very poor. Lucky not to concede 6.

I'll take an ugly point over a pretty loss any day

Still ridiculously lucky - but we frustrated them big time and I love that. Nothing like giving a big FU to the oppostion - especially when it's the redshite

I want at least a point from the newcastle game - a win would be great and we have a nice record against them from memory so who knows with Big Sam and crazy Sammy Lee at the helm #samtrain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. So if you are a Europa league and above player who wanted to come to England to play. Sitting there and watching that performance, who would you come to first? Everton or Arsenal?
They're going to want to go to the better club, getting good results helps us be a better club. Jose plays pretty average football at Manchester United, hasn't stopped him bringing the biggest of names to the club.

They're going to want to go to the better club, getting good results helps us be a better club. Jose plays pretty average football at Manchester United, hasn't stopped him bringing the biggest of names to the club.
No it doesn't. Not in our world of mid table.

I think we can both agree we don't want to be a mid table team mate.

In good news, Bolasie is named on the bench for the under 23's tonight!
Woohoo, all those missed crosses are back! £27m for him, what a larf, well done Ronald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back