Review Ex Giants player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy is playing his 250th AFL game this weekend. Our club’s greatest ever goal kicker, and our only Coleman Medalist - although Jesse may join him in that elite pantheon this year 😛

Poor Hopper and Toranto - they chose the wrong time to leave us..

“If I was Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto, I would be that angry right now.

“Not that anyone would probably pick up their contracts, but I'd almost have a look around if I was those two.”

Edmund: “You'd be bleeding, absolutely you’d be bleeding.”
Cornes: “And the Giants are flying again, their former club.
“It’s (Brett) Deledio all over again.”
Edmund: “The rug has been pulled out from under them and they can’t be blamed for that.

“Not that anyone would probably pick up their contracts, but I'd almost have a look around if I was those two.”

Edmund: “The rug has been pulled out from under them and they can’t be blamed for that.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

IMG_0451.png

Unfortunate news that Kellie Finlayson’s tumour is growing again, and they are selling their forever home to rent a more suitable place for in-home care.

The disease went on to metastasise in her lungs after her diagnosis but, until recently, scans had shown her tumour as being stable.

In an emotional video shared to her Instagram followers, however, Kellie revealed that was no longer the case.

Daniel Lloyd rubbed out for the Lions VFL side. I didn't realise he was still playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Haynes only got 1 year at Carlton? I thought we would have also offered him a year akin to what we did for Ward and Keefe?
He wants more opportunities which Carlton has offered

He wants more opportunities which Carlton has offered
Fair point. But if Haynes only wanted one year, then given the list vacancies we have, we could have offered him a year for backup and also as a mentor? I thought Haynes wanted 2 years and hence left when we would not offer him that. That said he may well have personal, family and professional reasons unrelated to footy that meant he would have left regardless of any matching offer by our club.

A stroll down memory lane! We had 8 of the top 10 picks in the 2011 draft - although this article is critical of our choice of Patton as the number 1 draft pick

1 - Jonathon Patton (GWS)

A member of the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) AFL academy and a dominant junior key forward, it was a no-brainer that the Giants would select Patton as a focal point in its future.

However, it was a career that barely took off the ground, condemned by persistent injuries and off-field issues.

Standing at an intimidating 198cm, the Eastern Ranges product was a ready-made footballer but didn't debut until the second half of his maiden season due to a knee injury. Forecasting what was to come.

Patton played 10 games in his first two campaigns at the Giants, struggling to get his body right.

A return of 19 matches in 2014 showcased his raw talent and how bright his future would be in the AFL, a reality that was never reached.
Patton was traded to Hawthorn at the end of the 2019 season after 89 games and 130 goals.

He managed to add a further six games to his tally before ultimately calling time on his career mid-way through 2021

Patton featured in the Bendigo Football Netball League in 2023 for Kangaroo Flat Football Club and works as a real estate agent in Gold Coast.

Nah that's just hindsight. Patton was everything you want in a pick 1, and given we also had most of the first round we'd just have taken him somewhere in the next four anyway.

A stroll down memory lane! We had 8 of the top 10 picks in the 2011 draft - although this article is critical of our choice of Patton as the number 1 draft pick

1 - Jonathon Patton (GWS)

A member of the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) AFL academy and a dominant junior key forward, it was a no-brainer that the Giants would select Patton as a focal point in its future.

However, it was a career that barely took off the ground, condemned by persistent injuries and off-field issues.

Standing at an intimidating 198cm, the Eastern Ranges product was a ready-made footballer but didn't debut until the second half of his maiden season due to a knee injury. Forecasting what was to come.

Patton played 10 games in his first two campaigns at the Giants, struggling to get his body right.

A return of 19 matches in 2014 showcased his raw talent and how bright his future would be in the AFL, a reality that was never reached.
Patton was traded to Hawthorn at the end of the 2019 season after 89 games and 130 goals.

He managed to add a further six games to his tally before ultimately calling time on his career mid-way through 2021

Patton featured in the Bendigo Football Netball League in 2023 for Kangaroo Flat Football Club and works as a real estate agent in Gold Coast.

Him and Boyd were both consensus first picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Ex Giants player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back