Excuses for not going to work

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever I have a male boss I default to the "women problems" excuse. They want to get you off the phone as soon as possible and will never ask about it again.
The downside of having that in your slacker arsenal, is the childbirthing that goes with it. Hurts like a son of a bitch I'm told.

Whenever I have a male boss I default to the "women problems" excuse. They want to get you off the phone as soon as possible and will never ask about it again.
I have one woman under me who used to use this a bit. After 3 times in 6 months I decided to track it and see if random or same time of month. Guess what completely random. She tried it again and I told her its no longer cutting it and to get a doctors certificate because fourth time in a year. She complained to HR showed them the history and she went very quiet all of a sudden in that meeting (she quit 3 weeks later just before her performance review).

I'm epileptic so that is a great fall back. It's not like they can't say BS either as I had one in the office and it scared the crap out of a few people.

It's guaranteed to work with most male bosses but I've never really understood why guys have to be so awkward about that stuff in general.

It's guaranteed to work with most male bosses but I've never really understood why guys have to be so awkward about that stuff in general.

I'd say most blokes just don't want to know about it, especially with their work colleagues.

Cos they haven't grown up yet. Unless women are free bleeding then they have nothing to worry about!
Well that's what I figure. It's kind of a reality for, what, 35% of the total population? (whatever percentage of the population are female and aged 11-12 to 50ish)

I'd say most blokes just don't want to know about it, especially with their work colleagues.
And if I was a boss and a female colleague rang in and told me they were away or whatever else for those reasons, I'm certainly not about to go and make them any go into any detail.

Just don't really understand why so many guys are weird about it. It just happens.

And if I was a boss and a female colleague rang in and told me they were away or whatever else for those reasons, I'm certainly not about to go and make them any go into any detail.

Just don't really understand why so many guys are weird about it. It just happens.

I'd be the same as well.
The less I know about that the better.

I have one woman under me who used to use this a bit. After 3 times in 6 months I decided to track it and see if random or same time of month. Guess what completely random. She tried it again and I told her its no longer cutting it and to get a doctors certificate because fourth time in a year. She complained to HR showed them the history and she went very quiet all of a sudden in that meeting (she quit 3 weeks later just before her performance review).

I'm epileptic so that is a great fall back. It's not like they can't say BS either as I had one in the office and it scared the crap out of a few people.

A mate of mine was a PE teacher at a girls school, every time they used the "women's problems" excuse he'd note down the name and date (in red pen lol) and make sure it was the same time of the month next time they used it.

I can pretty much get work off whenever I need anyway so don't need to use excuses anymore. A few years back I worked in construction but mainly in the office. I sprained my ankle playing basketball and the doc asked what I did. I said I worked on site all day every day so I got 7 days off with a certificate ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate of mine was a PE teacher at a girls school, every time they used the "women's problems" excuse he'd note down the name and date (in red pen lol) and make sure it was the same time of the month next time they used it.

I can pretty much get work off whenever I need anyway so don't need to use excuses anymore. A few years back I worked in construction but mainly in the office. I sprained my ankle playing basketball and the doc asked what I did. I said I worked on site all day every day so I got 7 days off with a certificate ha ha
Getting certificates for longer than required is so easy.

Well that's dumb. Most teenage girls have irregular periods until their cycles settle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuses for not going to work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back