Exodus watch! (Opposition supporters post trade rumours here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Yeo goes, I suggest Kerr only recruit Queenslanders. At least their would be no more of go home to your mummy factor.

We'd never see success if that happened IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only club in a non-AFL dominant state that doesn't have salary cap relief under some sort of title. We simply cannot compete when, forgive me if I am incorrect, we are up against clubs from states that have access to lucrative third party deals that are not part of the salary cap. Certain people with a vested interest decided too quckly that we won premierships purely because of our old retention allowance-which incidentally we only used to retain players, not poach-and not because of our premiership window. I dont buy the homesickness theory. The vultures are circling our salary cap constraints from afar and pouncing. Get a coach, sort out the board, draft and trade with clear direction, and get stuck into pre-season. Have a feeling Docherty and Longer are staying and Yeo is playing hard ball. I am an optimist though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah...Picture the QAFL against VFL/SANFL but 1000x worse

I think what it highlights is that we're not only vulnerable to the NRL in QLD, we're also vulnerable with regards to teams from other states where AFL is the no.1 sport - so every team/state except for maybe Syd/GWS/NSW.

The only club in a non-AFL dominant state that doesn't have salary cap relief under some sort of title. We simply cannot compete when, forgive me if I am incorrect, we are up against clubs from states that have access to lucrative third party deals that are not part of the salary cap. Certain people with a vested interest decided too quckly that we won premierships purely because of our old retention allowance-which incidentally we only used to retain players, not poach-and not because of our premiership window. I dont buy the homesickness theory. The vultures are circling our salary cap constraints from afar and pouncing. Get a coach, sort out the board, draft and trade with clear direction, and get stuck into pre-season. Have a feeling Docherty and Longer are staying and Yeo is playing hard ball. I am an optimist though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

You missed the media coverage which is a huge thing for endorsements and post-footy work and contacts

Clearly a management failure at all levels. A fish rots from the head and Angus deserves all the anger that he has earned but its much deeper it seems. Kerr can obviously pick a football talent but he seems to undervalue the human /social considerations . Warren then gets the players to work with but seems to miss the obvious signs from day one that with Yeo particularly we had a serious talent on our hands. He sat on his until it was too late. The we get down to Vossy and the rest of the selection committee. They seemed ignorant to the damage done to young minds with a pick them for one week and drop them the next mentality. Better still why not make them a sub then drop them.Gee that's smart. Lynch is supposed to keep them happy. Have to call that a fail on the evidence at hand.
Too many people with no accountability.
Let's hope Leigh and Leppa can get the place back on track. They are going to need to kick some heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back