Expectations for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Carrying this on from previous seasons.

In 2023 we had 3 wins with a percentage of 53.
2024 we had 5 wins with a percentage of 68.

So what are we expecting for next year?

I'd like to think we can get somewhere between 7 to 8 wins with a percentage in the eighties.

Pretty much a carbon copy of this year is my expectation.
Can't see an improvement in the rucks/mids. Bit more from Reid, bit less from Yeo Kelly. Same ball going into defence and no Barrass to take some of the load.

The unknown is how the players take to the new coach and if the effort becomes more consistent and can follow what plans he wants to implement

Worst then last year. Kelly and Yeo aging fast.

Ugly scenes such as booing the players when they walk off the ground occuring.

I have a feeling 2025 will be a breaking point for many. Part because of our trade moves and also our lack of improvement for years.

Second last is locked. Norf to leap frog us with their young mids and people recruited this year

Worst then last year. Kelly and Yeo aging fast.

Ugly scenes such as booing the players when they walk off the ground occuring.

I have a feeling 2025 will be a breaking point for many. Part because of our trade moves and also our lack of improvement for years.

Second last is locked. Norf to leap frog us with their young mids and people recruited this year
If the players haven't been booed off during the last 3 years, I can't see it happening now TBH.
It's not in our supporters DNA and I'm glad it isn't.

We've seen improvement every year since 2022 so I'm not sure what you mean by "no improvement".

I realise Dev Robertson would've made us premiership favourites, but it wasn't to be.

One top 3 pick despite 3 years in the bottom 3 will never cease to piss me off.

First rounders since we last played finals have been a real mixed bag. Chesser a dud, Ginbey a dud in the guts but looks alright as a defender, Hewett dead, Reid a star, Pick 12.

It hasn't been great.

Better luck late in the draft with Hough, Long (although he's been played as a small forward who doesn't kick goals...), King Waterman, Jack Williams etc.

A lot riding on Reid, Hewett's feet transplant being successful, Gov and Yeo staying fit and what a new coach can bring.

We might climb to 4th last.

With the additions of Baker, Graham and Owies we replace the likes of Chesser, LEdwards, Trew, Culley, Brockman, etc. Improving the floor should get us over the line in games like North Melbourne and St Kilda. An extra 2 or 3 wins still has us in the bottom four so we could feasibly improve our results without improving our ladder position significantly which, let's face it, we need when we keep trading away top 3 picks.

I think we should measure 2025 in a similar manner to 2024 though - style and effort. The wheels fell off towards the end of this year and we replaced our coach so it is going to take time for a new style and standards to take effect. If we take on the game and see 18 players running in both directions, I think that would be a win. Wins and losses still don't matter in 2025 though I would like us to at least match our 2024 win tally. Given we didn't lose a game by 100 points this year, I think that is a reasonable expectation for next year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Expectations for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back