"F*** off Jack!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, despite what a couple of people making fun of Dave's comment, I kinda agree. Its not that we don't want him to be making a 100% effort, but watching him in the last couple of weeks, it looks a bit like he's trying to force things to happen rather than just relaxing and playing his natural game. It's like a batsman trying to hit every ball hard, rather than simply applying himself 100% to making each play on its merits. He's thinking about how's he's playing a bit too much IMO. I think also he's trying too hard to be "unselfish" and do the "team thing" even though on occasion he'd be better to just take the shot himself.

Sounds a lot like the start of his decline in form at Freo.

Not saying that's necessarily going to happen to him at Collingwood but the above post is eerily familiar to things Freo fans were writing about him the last couple of years. Most of us blamed CC for screwing around with his natural game too much.

Sounds a lot like the start of his decline in form at Freo.

Not saying that's necessarily going to happen to him at Collingwood but the above post is eerily familiar to things Freo fans were writing about him the last couple of years. Most of us blamed CC for screwing around with his natural game too much.

But he hasn't declined in form that much at all he's still been very good.

I would of blasted jack for leading back into the contest as well, in fact i was in the crowd he may be a good player but dont lead back when you;ve done your job by taking your defender away.

In saying all that ive abused and been abused by teammates when playing all competive sport it happens

Nah, despite what a couple of people making fun of Dave's comment, I kinda agree. Its not that we don't want him to be making a 100% effort, but watching him in the last couple of weeks, it looks a bit like he's trying to force things to happen rather than just relaxing and playing his natural game. It's like a batsman trying to hit every ball hard, rather than simply applying himself 100% to making each play on its merits. He's thinking about how's he's playing a bit too much IMO. I think also he's trying too hard to be "unselfish" and do the "team thing" even though on occasion he'd be better to just take the shot himself.
100% spot on mate,
Medders has been sacrificing his own brilliance lately for the team thing so much so hes doing it too much, when he was blitzing it he had that hint of "do it yourself" attitude in his game which is a good thing for really good players who all have that trait, A much better player when playing on instinct rather than worrying what would Mick want me to do. Hope he is given his head again next year and recaptures that form cause the guy is a superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

"F*** off Jack!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back