F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

“Admiting” full fault after making sure to point out that he thought ALO was in his blind spot and he had no idea he was there…although he had literally been alongside him less than half a second before 😅

#sobrave

Last edited:

Alonso seemed to cool off in the post race interview and went the more passive aggressive slap in the face by mentioning an incident Hamilton had in that corner in a previous season. "can be a tricky corner" lol. Will be different scene when Alonso leaves F1, all the young blokes seem to be best friends.

So what I don't get, is MERC were so insistent that the FIA needed to change the aero rules to protect the drivers from the g-forces caused by porpoising......so the FIA bow to their whim citing driver safety.....but HAM's g sensor limit went off due to his crash, he didn't go to the medical center as he was required and only went when MERC were told they would get in trouble if he didn't? If they were so serious about driver safety, why did they wait until a warning from the FIA before he sending him?

Ferrari have just lost all confidence on the strategy calls now. The drivers don't trust their calls, the pitwall is now too scared to make a decision and if they do make one like the pit for fastest lap it's a complete stuff-up :sob:

Ferrari: "So Charles, thinking of pitting for fastest lap, Question?"
Leclerc: "ahh, you're asking me???....I suppose, sure"
Ferrari: "Copy"
Pits
Race ends

Ferrari: "Thats P5, good work Charles"
Leclerc: "So, was I the fastest?"
Ferrari: "Copy, we're checking"
Ferrari: "Yes, fastest in Pits."
Ferrari: "Thats P6, good work Charles"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Bull have pushed their car to 2014 Merc levels, and Ferrari have pushed their strategy to... Roy Hodgson England manager levels.

Norris is the first tm8 Riccardo hasnt beaten. In 2018 Ric was leading Verstappen heading into the Summer break. Upon announcing his switch to Renault suddenly Dans car had all sorts of problems and the RBR team prioritised Max as clear #1. Theres a case for saying Ric beat Max for 2.5 out of 3 years with the last 6 months unfair to judge based purely off the team dynamic change.
Beat Norris to McLarens first win.;)

Terribly boring race. Could see what was going to happen before lights out (minus the Hamilton crash).

Max was going to dominate.
Ferrari was going to **** up a strategy.
Latifi was going to cause an accident.

As for the Hamilton crash, clearly his fault. Getting very sick of the miserable old campaigner Fernando though. For someone who hasn't really done anything in 10-15 years, he has an awful lot to whinge about.

Ferrari clown show, McLaren couldn’t get past me driving my Astra down the Tulla. So it looks like Oscar is leaving a team that is going to comfortably be ahead of the team he’s going to and driving a car that is a 💩 box. I hope Mark Webber doesn’t manage any other Australians.
Lando has 80 points? More than both Alpines…

The McLaren definitely sucks this year but I’m backing them to get it right more quickly compared to the muppets running the show at Alpine who genuinely have NFI and are the sole reason they’ve gone from having Ocon, Alonso & Piastri to just Ocon at this stage

Not a lot of camera coverage for most drivers, even with Hamilton out which was a little disappointing. Genuine question, did Norris actually have many on track overtakes? I feel in most races he is definitely quicker than ricciardo and other midtable drivers with clear air in front but notice this season he mainly moves up the places by making up time when the traffic pits. In contrast we have seen many Alpine overtakes and duals over the course of the season.

I find his situation more interesting than anything, not particularly attached, at 33 he has had a solid career in the sport. If he finds another seat for a season it will put him up into the top10 for most F1 races. All good things must come to end and all that jazz

Last edited:
OK, so I know he struggles anyway and most are sick of talking about him with him on his way out...

(but I reamin interested as I like him and a decent finish to the year could still be the difference between a seat or not in 2023 at a backmarker)...

but I only watched the Mini (half an hour) version of the race.

Ricciardo was in 9th and ahead of a bunch of guys (who were yet to pit), including his teammate, when Norris pits.

Next thing I see is the Daniel is in 15th and behind his teammate and all those he was in front of after they have all pitted.

What happened? A bungled pit stop? Pitted too late? or just progressively overtaken because he is too slow?

(He seemed to be competitive before that).

OK, so I know he struggles anyway and most are sick of talking about him with him on his way out...

(but I reamin interested as I like him and a decent finish to the year could still be the difference between a seat or not in 2023 at a backmarker)...

Ricciardo was in 9th and ahead of a bunch of guys (who were yet to pit), including his teammate, when Norris pits.

Next thing I see is the Daniel is in 15th and behind his teammate and all those he was in front of after they have all pitted.

What happened? A bungled pit stop? Pitted too late? or just progressively overtaken because he is too slow?

His team screwed him out of 9th, in a vain attempt to get Lando up to 10th. Safe to say, it didn't work. McLaren's tactics were only marginally better than the pasta gun team's.

Lando pitted 3 or 4ish laps earlier and was 5 seconds or so ahead of Daniel after his pitstop.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back