F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't promote Lawson straight to the main Red Bull seat. It'll be Perez or Ricciardo. Potentially both if Max leaves. I expect Lawson to be racing for VCARB next year regardless of what happens with Red Bull.

it would take verstappen and horner to go into bat for danny ric for him to have any chance. frankly, his form over many years doesn’t warrant it. and they need someone sufficiently young to understudy verstappen.

it would take verstappen and horner to go into bat for danny ric for him to have any chance. frankly, his form over many years doesn’t warrant it. and they need someone sufficiently young to understudy verstappen.
No, they need a competent driver that isn't going to get in his way but keep racking up points to fill that second seat. Once Verstappen goes, normal service resumes.

No, they need a competent driver that isn't going to get in his way but keep racking up points to fill that second seat. Once Verstappen goes, normal service resumes.
yes, but as i've said it's been a long time since danny was that. he's cooked and his age isn't in his favour. time will tell.

yes, but as i've said it's been a long time since danny was that. he's cooked and his age isn't in his favour. time will tell.
Ricciardo has been solid without being spectacular this season. He would do fine in a Red Bull.

The Red Bull suits Daniel. It is a car he knows. A car he likes. There is a reason why his testing time this time last year was so good. People can say he is cooked or he won't do better than Checo but until he gets the chance we won't ever know.

Daniel Ricciardo is 35you. It's not footy.

The cooked ones are the "fans" saying he's cooked.

It's not a TV show with a script, and characters move on when producers and script writers recognise the audience is tired of a character. Stop watching like it's like that.

it’s a factor. he’s no alonso or hamilton.

the reality is that danny ric was disappointing at renault. terrible at mclaren. and yuki has clearly outperformed him at alpha tauri.

i would love danny ric to redeem his career but i can remove emotion from the equation.

the reality is that danny ric was disappointing at renault. terrible at mclaren. and yuki has clearly outperformed him at alpha tauri.

i would love danny ric to redeem his career but i can remove emotion from the equation.
I disagree

I think he was on par with his Red Bull performances at Renault, he put that car in places it shouldn’t have been. He moved to McLaren, found out he isn’t that flexible as a driver (McLarens have a weak front end) and his confidence fell off a cliff. He’s returned to the Red Bull staple and while not setting the world on fire I think he’s proven he isn’t a spent force by any means.

He wouldn’t need to chase wins in the RBR, just keep himself in the top 4-5 and capitalise when Max has a bad day.

Really?

Scored podiums
Comfortably beat his teammates.
5th in WDC in 2020
9th in 2019, and only behind Sainz in the non Mercedes/Red Bull/Ferrari's.

He got everything out of what were midfield cars.

I disagree

I think he was on par with his Red Bull performances at Renault, he put that car in places it shouldn’t have been. He moved to McLaren, found out he isn’t that flexible as a driver (McLarens have a weak front end) and his confidence fell off a cliff. He’s returned to the Red Bull staple and while not setting the world on fire I think he’s proven he isn’t a spent force by any means.

He wouldn’t need to chase wins in the RBR, just keep himself in the top 4-5 and capitalise when Max has a bad day.
think you've pretty much agreed with me on the mclaren and alpha stints. just attempted to give it a rose coloured glasses take. he got flicked from mclaren. and yuki has driven the pants off him at alpha.

i'd love danny ric to prove me wrong but i think you and others are allowing emotion to override reality.

think you've pretty much agreed with me on the mclaren and alpha stints. just attempted to give it a rose coloured glasses take. he got flicked from mclaren. and yuki has driven the pants off him at alpha.

i'd love danny ric to prove me wrong but i think you and others are allowing emotion to override reality.
Yuki has been marginally better across the entire season and Ricciardo has been better over the last few races

hmm! and mclaren and alpha?

Daniel has been consistently better than Yuki ever since they changed his chassis. The only times Yuki has beaten him since have coincided with Daniel being screwed by strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel has been consistently better than Yuki ever since they changed his chassis. The only times Yuki has beaten him since have coincided with Daniel being screwed by strategy.
nup! he hasn't been "constantly" better than yuki. in fact yuki has finished in front of danny ric in most races and has almost double the points in the driver standings.

you're allowing emotion to get the better of you. it's become circular - time to move on. as i've said, time will tell.

nup! he hasn't been "constantly" better than yuki. in fact yuki has finished in front of danny ric in most races and has almost double the points in the driver standings.

you're allowing emotion to get the better of you. it's become circular - time to move on. as i've said, time will tell.
They're even on points since Monaco with Ricciardo finishing ahead in four of those seven races

Read the thread mate

he has not been “marginally better across the entire season”. yuki has been significantly better across the entire season as the driver standings show and that he’s finished in front of danny ric in most races across the entire season.

nice try in attempting to justifiy changing the goalposts. but no cigar.

i hope danny ric rejuvenates his career but the fact is his form has deteriorated post r.b

as i see it his hope for a return to r.b hinges on whether horner goes to war for him as he did to get him to alpha tauri and whether verstappen does the same. still think if they show perez the door they are more likely to go for a younger driver.

he has not been “marginally better across the entire season”. yuki has been significantly better across the entire season as the driver standings show and that he’s finished in front of danny ric in most races across the entire season.

nice try in attempting to justifiy changing the goalposts. but no cigar.

i hope danny ric rejuvenates his career but the fact is his form has deteriorated post r.b

as i see it his hope for a return to r.b hinges on whether horner goes to war for him as he did to get him to alpha tauri and whether verstappen does the same. still think if they show perez the door they are more likely to go for a younger driver.
Ricciardo has been the better driver in the last 7 races, once they sorted out the chassis problems. Even Yuki credits his improved results in 2024 on the feedback Ricciardo has been giving to the engineers, helping them improve the car.

As for who replaces Perez... it won't be Yuki, and it won't be Lawson. That really only leaves one candidate, and we know the Red Bull car suits Ricciardo's driving style (where the 2022 McLaren manifestly didn't).

Ricciardo has been the better driver in the last 7 races, once they sorted out the chassis problems. Even Yuki credits his improved results in 2024 on the feedback Ricciardo has been giving to the engineers, helping them improve the car.

As for who replaces Perez... it won't be Yuki, and it won't be Lawson. That really only leaves one candidate, and we know the Red Bull car suits Ricciardo's driving style (where the 2022 McLaren manifestly didn't).

the discussion is the entire season. on driver standings alone yuki is almost double danny rics number. i’m not a big yuki fan and written here that i don’t think he’ll be picked up by r.b and why.

the stuff about today’s r.b car suiting danny rics driving is not directly related to the matters at hand and is speculation.

the discussion is the entire season. on driver standings alone yuki is almost double danny rics number. i’m not a big yuki fan and written here that i don’t think he’ll be picked up by r.b and why.
Yuki was better at the start of the season. Danny was better through the mid-season. However, Yuki's 7th results in Australia and Miami mean that he currently has more points than Danny. That doesn't alter the fact that Danny's current form (over the last 6 races) is better than Yuki's.
the stuff about today’s r.b car suiting danny rics driving is not directly related to the matters at hand and is speculation.
It's very relevant, given that we're talking about how well he would be expected to perform if put into the car.

It's like T20 to cricket. Variations on the same sport.

Fiji & NZ are the reigning Olympic Rugby champions... until new winners are crowned at the current games.

The USA thing was a fun fact while it lasted, and it lasted from 1924 - 2016, but it's no longer a fact.

It's really not like T20 to cricket, both of them have 11 a side on the pitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back