F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The investigation. They were never going to do anything

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
Be careful what you say.
2 independent KC’s have determined that the accusation is false. You are saying the KC’s are somehow complicit in covering up a crime.
They know how to sue do KC’s.

This 4 week mid-season break BS surely has to end.

Why can't they take their break during the 3 months between seasons?
Why can't they enjoy their summer?

It is not just the drivers. The pit crew and other staff that travel from race to race get screwed by the schedule as well. These people aren't being paid millions to offset the time spent away from home and their families like the drivers are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All valid points. I do agree.

Just frustrated that's all.
Belgium seems like a lifetime ago and we still got a week and a bit before the Dutch.

I'm going stir-crazy. 🤪
You're gonna really love it when it happens again at the end of September then

You're gonna really love it when it happens again at the end of September then
Wait.... What!!
No Way Do Not Want GIF

They've already got the Hulk I don't think they really need another experienced/near the end of career driver in the line up. Lawson would be a great get for Audi if he's not attached to either RB next season.

Surely there's no chance Lawson gets left out. Tsunoda is on the move with Honda isn't he?
Yeah... but Tsunoda and Honda are contracted to RB/VCARB for 2025.

Honda will be switching to Aston Martin in 2026, which creates headaches for Tsunoda next year. Lance Stroll won't be losing his seat while Daddy owns the team, and Alonso is contracted until he's old enough to qualify for the pension.

Yeah... but Tsunoda and Honda are contracted to RB/VCARB for 2025.

Honda will be switching to Aston Martin in 2026, which creates headaches for Tsunoda next year. Lance Stroll won't be losing his seat while Daddy owns the team, and Alonso is contracted until he's old enough to qualify for the pension.
Does it? Seems like it's Ricciardo left without a seat. Pretty easy solution for them.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Tsunoda partnering Lance come 2026. Although it must be said, Aston don't need the Tsunoda money so maybe that's not where he ends up, even with the Honda alliance.

Does it? Seems like it's Ricciardo left without a seat. Pretty easy solution for them.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Tsunoda partnering Lance come 2026. Although it must be said, Aston don't need the Tsunoda money so maybe that's not where he ends up, even with the Honda alliance.
Max, Checo & Tsunoda are all contracted to RB/VCARB for 2025. Checo's contract contains performance clauses which he hasn't met, so he can be sacked at any time. Ricciardo & Lawson do not currently have a contract for 2025.

Tsunoda will probably be pushed out as soon as Honda's engine contract expires - but he'll definitely be driving a VCARB in 2025.

All signs point to Lawson being the other VCARB driver in 2025, leaving Checo & Ricciardo fighting over the second RB seat. Checo appears to be winning that race, given that they chose not to replace him during the summer break - money talks, and Ricciardo hasn't impressed enough at VCARB to push him out.

Most likely it's Ricciardo who ends up at Audi... but all 3 options are still possible, until RB/VCARB announce Lawson's signing and make a decision about Checo's 2025 seat.

The music will stop at the end of the season, and one of three drivers will be left without a seat - most likely Ricciaro, but possibly Checo or Lawson. Audi are waiting for RB/VCARB to make that decision, and will likely pounce on whichever driver is pushed out.
Ricciardo has repeatedly said it's Red Bull or bust for him, and I'm inclined to agree.

Ricciardo has repeatedly said it's Red Bull or bust for him, and I'm inclined to agree.
I'd say that's almost certainly the case. There isn't a VCARB seat in 2025 for Dan Ric. There 'may' be a RB seat.

Hopefully VCARB strategy improves out of sight - they've ruined a number of races for him recently through poor (illogical) pit strategies.

Dan's been running significantly quicker in race trim than the cars around him. It hasn't shown in results, as he keeps getting stuck behind other cars for large portions of the race. The VCARB seems to need clean air more than others - Dan regularly closing gaps >1s/lap but then spends the next 25 laps behind other cars in their wash (usually Kevin bloody Magnussen) unable to overtake. Then when he finally gets clean air, he gets 1-2 good laps in before VCARB pit him - only to still be undercut by the cars behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back