Faces of players cut out and held up in the crowd...

Remove this Banner Ad

....are the cringiest most awkwardly gross thing I ever had the misfortune of having to see. Seems to be a mostly Victorian thing but it should be a mostly never thing.

Sort it out, Gil
Probably no worse than the mid '00's Eagles fans holding the 'Messages On Hold' signs.

I see it as harmless fun.

By the same token I absolutely support the OPs right to express outrage about this.

Ban all fun I say. Just like EPL games.

No alcohol, no banners, no frivolity, just get your seat and sit in it and don’t move until final whistle.

This brings the hooligan mask wearing lunatics under control
Where is the fun?

Probably no worse than the mid '00's Eagles fans holding the 'Messages On Hold' signs.

Oh my god yes. Make a thread about it and I will like the shit out of your OP. So bad.

....are the cringiest most awkwardly gross thing I ever had the misfortune of having to see. Seems to be a mostly Victorian thing but it should be a mostly never thing.

Sort it out, Gil
Mate it adds class and comedy and blocks the view of some of the thousands of sponsor signage.
There should be more heads and much bigger.

Mate it adds class and comedy and blocks the view of some of the thousands of sponsor signage.
There should be more heads and much bigger.
share no GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How people aren’t embarrassed by carrying them into the stadium whilst walking past so many people is what I want to know.

I could be off my head and still appear more normal

Ban all fun I say. Just like EPL games.

No alcohol, no banners, no frivolity, just get your seat and sit in it and don’t move until final whistle.

This brings the hooligan mask wearing lunatics under control
Because most people fall asleep at that excuse of a sport.

Not as bad as the morons that watch themselves waving on the big screen when there's some footy action in front of them.

Charlie & Richie make appearances occasionally at the Gabba. I personally think it's funny to see but then I'm also not seated directly behind the people who wave them.

The kind of people who do this are people that love comic books and superhero films. They are most likely also in the 30s, work in food service jobs and still live with their parents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Faces of players cut out and held up in the crowd...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back