Fact Or Fiction?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fiction - GF to be a draw , Swans to win rematch

Fact or Fiction Goldspink will not get a contract for next season ?

wildfirehawk said:
Fiction - GF to be a draw , Swans to win rematch

Fact or Fiction Goldspink will not get a contract for next season ?

Fiction - Sadly, Goldspink will be bringing his quality brand of umpiring to the AFL again next year (barring abduction or assination).

Fact Or Fiction - Brad Johnson and Scott West would have the same media profile as Nathan Buckley if they played for Collingwood.

Fiction: if they played for the filth they would turn into arrogant toothless scum like all involved at the needle exchange.

F or F: Our recruiting manager at the time was on acid when taking Luke McCabe over Fraser Gehrig at the draft and also previously when taking Alex MacDonald at #1 in the late 80's

Unfulfilled Potential said:
Sadly, Goldspink will be bringing his quality brand of umpiring to the AFL again next year (barring abduction or assination).

Can that be arranged?:D

F or F: Our recruiting manager at the time was on acid when taking Luke McCabe over Fraser Gehrig at the draft and also previously when taking Alex MacDonald at #1 in the late 80's

Fiction - He was on Mushies
F or F: The grass will actually grow and not just die at telstra dome one day? (sorry am bored and scraping the barrel)

Fact: I think the science behind a large reflective surface to shine sun on the darker parts of the turf will work.

Fact or Fiction: In the next ten years a third team from either SA or WA will join the AFL?

blr_liquid said:
Fact: I think the science behind a large reflective surface to shine sun on the darker parts of the turf will work.

Fact or Fiction: In the next ten years a third team from either SA or WA will join the AFL?

Fiction: The Next "new" team will be a relocated victorian team to the Goldcoast in 2013. Bulldogs or Kangas.

WA and SA will get a third team each in around 20 - 25 years time.

F or F. Of the following players only five (or so) of the ten names will be 150+ game players for HFC. Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis, Ellis, B1, B2, Kennedy, Tuck, Little, Bailey.

Who will / won't make it and why?

Herbs hawks said:
Fiction: The Next "new" team will be a relocated victorian team to the Goldcoast in 2013. Bulldogs or Kangas.

WA and SA will get a third team each in around 20 - 25 years time.

F or F. Of the following players only five (or so) of the ten names will be 150+ game players for HFC. Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis, Ellis, B1, B2, Kennedy, Tuck, Little, Bailey.

Who will / won't make it and why?

Fact: I think history tells us so. As for who will and wont make it, well lets just say my crystal ball aint working, i hope i am wrong and that i hope they all play 150+ games and very importantly in the brown and gold and all have three premiership medallions to there names with a brownlow or two chucked in.

F or F: In modern football a side needs to have a top three finisher in the brownlow or a brownlow medallist in it to win a flag. If hawthorn were to win a flag who would this player/players be and why?

FatBoy's Wombats said:
Fact: I think history tells us so. As for who will and wont make it, well lets just say my crystal ball aint working, i hope i am wrong and that i hope they all play 150+ games and very importantly in the brown and all have three premiership medallions to there names with a brownlow or two chucked in.

F or F: In modern football a side needs to have a top three finisher in the brownlow or a brownlow medallist in it to win a flag. If hawthorn were to win a flag who would this player/players be and why?

Fact: Luke Hodge would be our brownlow medalist, he is alot more damaging with both his offensive and deffensive (Tackling) pressence!

Fact Or Fiction: Zac Dawson will play 11 or more games next season?

Roughie said:
Fact: Luke Hodge would be our brownlow medalist, he is alot more damaging with both his offensive and deffensive (Tackling) pressence!

Fact Or Fiction: Zac Dawson will play 11 or more games next season?

Fact he will continued to be developed as a defender but will also spend time in the ressies building confidence.

F or F: Spida will go to the PSD meaning hawthorn get duck eggs?

F or F: Spida will go to the PSD meaning hawthorn get duck eggs?

fiction: i think we will get something for spida, now with a few more teams entering the race to get him, however it may not be as good of a pick as everyone is hoping for

f or f: will roughead turn out to be the player everyone is hoping he will be, out of him, buddy and lewis he seems to be making the least amount of ground.

buddy23 said:
Fact: He has the "Sav Rocca" factor - sheer size should see him monster the smaller full backs (eg. Zac). Whether or not he will have an impact on the scoreboard is a different matter all together ("Nathan Thompson" factor).

Question: Will Thompson be coaching the Cats next year?
Nathan Thompson has more chance of coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monorail, Monorail,Monorail!!!

And, it is fiction, but anyway....

Fact or Fiction: Matt Ball will come back to haunt us?[/quote]

Fiction. Maybe St.Kilda will throw him a lifeline ie Rawling bros, Bowden bros, but unlikely.

He was steady when given the chance, but can not cement a spot in our line up and we have been bottom 4 for a few years. It is only a small chance he will find another AFL home.

Fact or Fiction: Clarkson is warming the seat for Mathews.

DESTRUKTOR said:
Monorail, Monorail,Monorail!!!

And, it is fiction, but anyway....

Fact or Fiction: Matt Ball will come back to haunt us?

Fiction. Maybe St.Kilda will throw him a lifeline ie Rawling bros, Bowden bros, but unlikely.

He was steady when given the chance, but can not cement a spot in our line up and we have been bottom 4 for a few years. It is only a small chance he will find another AFL home.

Fact or Fiction: Clarkson is warming the seat for Mathews.[/QUOTE]
Fiction: Mat Ball to haunt us.
Fiction: Matthews to coach Hawthorn
Fact: Hawthorn to be next Victorian Premier. We have the last Victorian Premier, we will be the next Victorian Premier.

DESTRUKTOR said:
Fact or Fiction: Clarkson is warming the seat for Mathews.
Fiction. It may have been a believable fiction eighteen months ago; now it's fanciful in the most literal use of the word.

Fact or Fiction: West Coast will back up with another flag in 2007.

Mr.Likeable said:
Fiction. It may have been a believable fiction eighteen months ago; now it's fanciful in the most literal use of the word.

Fact or Fiction: West Coast will back up with another flag in 2007.

Fiction: a lot of melbourne based clubs will greatly improve in 2007 eg. melbourne, collingwood.

question: will Dawson ever become a top class full back?

Question: will tim boyle be able to play a consistent amount of games either for the reserves or in the AFL (say 10 AFL games)?

Question: will mitchell be captain in the time of our rise to the premiership status?

Fact: Mitchell is very under-rated

Question: Will Dowler be able to make an impact on the hawks next yr (say 20+ goals)

Question: Can Crawf be able to pass C.Langford (303 games), K. Moore (300) , D. Scott (302) in the next two years as he is curremtly on 268 games.

Question: will there ever be another player with peter hudsons's goals per game average when the game has much more defensive tactics then before and is turning into "80 goals coleman winner" league

Thoughts

deano the hawka said:
Question: Can Crawf be able to pass C.Langford (303 games), K. Moore (300) , D. Scott (302) in the next two years as he is curremtly on 268 games.

Fact: Absolutely if his last few games are anything to go by (I nearly reached the point of full enjoyment when he kicked that goal against Geelong).

F or F: Will Buddy Franklin become Hawthorn's 'Black Jesus?'

F or F: Will Buddy Franklin become Hawthorn's 'Black Jesus?'

Fact: 'Black Jesus' will consistently kick 50+ goals in each in a few years time.

Fact or Fiction: Chris Judd will ever smile again?

philhawk said:
Fact: Get a photo of him after a date with Twigley. If that doesn't get him to smile then nothing will. ;)

How true, very attractive young lady.

Fact or Fiction: Who will have a more impressive 2007 out of Muston, Ellis, Dowler or Murphy?

I suppose the money should be on Murphy as he has games under the belt and should benefit from that, but hopefully all of them will. Whoever it is, it should be exciting times.
icon7.gif

Fact or Fiction: Who (can be more than one) out of our young players will be the out and out star of the team, when we hopefully reach our potential? Example - Langers, look how he became such an important part of our team when he had such humble beginnings.

philhawk said:
Fact or Fiction: Who will have a more impressive 2007 out of Muston, Ellis, Dowler or Murphy?

FACT??? haha, With Key Postion players taking longer to develop this rules out Dowler. And im guessing Muston will have to find his feet in Box Hill for a while. It is either out of Ellis and Murphy. I am going with Ellis, he will be giving us great run off the back half in 07!!!

Fact Or Fiction If Richie Vanderberg loose his captaincy will he play 13+ games?

Fact Or Fiction If Richie Vanderberg loose his captaincy will he play 13+ games?

Probably, but depends on the development/improvement by Ellis, Muston etc.

Fact or Fiction Is Geelong_crazy 26 the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz?
If so, he still hasn't found his brain.
icon10.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact Or Fiction?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back