Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fact or Fiction - So the Hype Begins...

FOF: The dolphins are better than a 6-4 team.

Fiction: The Dolphins are worthy of 6-4 and no better, no worse. It's possible they could GET better or worse from here on. Time will tell. But they still have a bunch of problems that will get exposed in the crunch games of December, let alone playoffs.

FOF: The Raiders will win a Superbowl before the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs.

FOF: The Raiders will win a Superbowl before the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs.

Fiction. None of them will. Oh, the Broncos might.

FOF: J-E-T-S v Giants in this years superbowl. NFL's version of the Subway Series.

FOF: J-E-T-S v Giants in this years superbowl. NFL's version of the Subway Series.

I can believe it. The NFL's dream match-up. And probably some shenanigans by the officials to ensure a Favre win and hope the ****er takes it as a hint to retire.*

FOF: Carson Palmer and Marc Bulger are washed-up. Never more to really get back into the top 5 or 10 QBs.*

I can believe it. The NFL's dream match-up. And probably some shenanigans by the officials to ensure a Favre win and hope the ****er takes it as a hint to retire.*

I wouldn't know who to support. I wouldn't mind Favre getting another ring, but I would also love to see him get smashed like Brady did in the last minute of this year's SB. That was an awesome sack - it was like he got hit by a torpedo.

I wouldn't know who to support. I wouldn't mind Favre getting another ring, but I would also love to see him get smashed like Brady did in the last minute of this year's SB. That was an awesome sack - it was like he got hit by a torpedo.

I wouldnt support either. Wouldnt want the upstart Giants earning another ring, and if Favre wasnt playing for the JETS, I'd support the JETS to win. But with him there, ughh.

But i'd get into the game regardless.

FOF: Carson Palmer and Marc Bulger are washed-up. Never more to really get back into the top 5 or 10 QBs.*

Fact and Fiction: Bulger enjoyed several really strong years feeding off the seconds left by Kurt Wurner. The Rams were coming of a successful period, so the organisation was in decent shape on and off field, the offensive scheme was built around his style of play under a pass happy Martz and the likes of Holt and Bruce were near enough to the top of their game as recievers. Bulger always struck me as a front runner, he was up and about when things were going for him but as a quarterback, once you lose that air of confidence in your ability and those around you your game will suffer and watching Bulger he just seems so disinterested and timid. The Rams offence is going nowhere fast, and with Bulger now 31 and their scheme relying more and more on the run of Steven Jackson Bulger is done. As for Palmer, we've seen how good he can be, and his best is quite outstanding. He's 28, so has some time to recover from this rough patch, and as long as he's got decent quality protection aswell as Ocho Cinco and T.J to throw at, I wouldn't quite right him off just yet.

FOF: Sorry, college football related. In 2008, a sophmore defender, in the shape of Tennessee safety Eric Berry will make history and get the gong as college football's most valuable player, becomming only the 2nd defender (the other being Charles Woodson) and 2nd sophmore (the other being Tim Tebow) and the 1st sophmore defender to win the award?

For those of you who don't know Eric Berry, get yourselves aquainted because this kid is a freak of the highest order.

Very good answer re:Bulger/Palmer.

I'll say fact for Berry, the hype always helps, but so do the numbers.

FOF: The NFL will eventually institute the NCAA Overtime rule?

Fiction: Consider that games sometimes are played in very cold climates and having every chance of OT games going past 4 hours in total real time/ after midnight in some cases will cause too much inconvenience to fans & stadium personell... $$$ . Leaving it as it is will be the way to go... it's not like TIE's happen every year let alone every week to get that 'kneejerk reaction' to change because a experienced QB didn't have a clue.

btw.. I agree with gg, excellent answer LLH. :thumbsu:

FOF: Cleveland Browns have to cut their losses after this season and TRADE away D.Anderson.

Fact, but with no degree of confidence that anyone will want him. Hopefully we may get a 3rd rounder from a team needing a backup QB. Either way he's gone (or should be)

FOF: Chad Johnson just wrote his ticket out of Cinci next year

Fact, but with no degree of confidence that anyone will want him. Hopefully we may get a 3rd rounder from a team needing a backup QB. Either way he's gone (or should be)

FOF: Chad Johnson just wrote his ticket out of Cinci next year

FACT. period.

FOF: NYG will be 15-1 after regular season ends.

FACT. period.

FOF: NYG will be 15-1 after regular season ends.
Fiction... Its like a rubber band see ;) It'll snap sooner or later...

But thats not all bad considering our run (Arizona, Dallas, Skins, Phiggles, Carolina, Minnesota still to come :( :eek:)

FOF
Against Arizona, the Giants are shown just how important Jacobs is to the O (ie the running game is horrible).

BTW loving that this is still going without me :D

Woodson...

Just on the NCAA OT rule...i meant where teams get a possession each at scoring, back and forth until the tie is broken.

The thing is, while NCAA keep playing forever, the NFL only has to institute the rule that they still play for 15 mins max in this swapping of goes at scoring. So if they cant break the tie in 15, it ends a tie like it does now in the NFL.

Bringing both those together would be great imo.

Oh, and making it that teams start from the oppositions 40 instead of 20 or whatever it is in the NCAA.

Woodson...

Just on the NCAA OT rule...i meant where teams get a possession each at scoring, back and forth until the tie is broken.

The thing is, while NCAA keep playing forever, the NFL only has to institute the rule that they still play for 15 mins max in this swapping of goes at scoring. So if they cant break the tie in 15, it ends a tie like it does now in the NFL.

Bringing both those together would be great imo.

Oh, and making it that teams start from the oppositions 40 instead of 20 or whatever it is in the NCAA.

Interesting that you make mention of the NCAA OT. Back in the day, on the local scene, Vic Gridiron Football League, circa late 90's, there was a Vic Bowl game that is now known as the 'Sunset Bowl' with 6 series on alternating possessions to get a result after so many close attempts including one that had 'yours truly' right on the goal-line ready to signal a TD with an ex-AFL player, Jon Ballantyne (WB/Coll), playing TE for the Banyule Panthers, and all he needed to do was catch it. It was a glorious sunbathed field (perfect conditions...grass turf) and I had the big chance to be right in the spotlight as the championship winning pass was being thrown to the corner of the endzone and you wouldn't read about it...the ball hit the TE's hands and fell straight down his front and he dropped it COLD.. man, it was a UNBELIEVABLE, I tell ya. Wasn't quite wide open but still had the leap and just couldn't squeeeze that lemon. That game took an hour extra to complete but it was well worth the wait as it really stood out as one of my favourite Vic Bowl games played under NCAA rules. The Panthers Lost the game btw. Crowd would of been about 200-300.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiction... Its like a rubber band see ;) It'll snap sooner or later...

But thats not all bad considering our run (Arizona, Dallas, Skins, Phiggles, Carolina, Minnesota still to come :( :eek:)

FOF
Against Arizona, the Giants are shown just how important Jacobs is to the O (ie the running game is horrible).

BTW loving that this is still going without me :D
Bump for my FOF...

FOF. this years Lions are worse than the 1976 Buccaneers.

Fact: These are the years of FA and parity. Buccaneers were a new expansion team in an era of dynasties and hording.

FOF: The Canton Bulldogs or Decatur Staleys would be beat the 08 Raiders if either was teleported forward or back in time?

Fact: These are the years of FA and parity. Buccaneers were a new expansion team in an era of dynasties and hording.

FOF: The Canton Bulldogs or Decatur Staleys would be beat the 08 Raiders if either was teleported forward or back in time?

Fact, I thought everyone knew that. I think the Muncie Flyers are better than the 08 Raiders.

FOF: Romo is the most overrated QB in the league right now.

Fact, I thought everyone knew that. I think the Muncie Flyers are better than the 08 Raiders.

FOF: Romo is the most overrated QB in the league right now.

Fact: Always has been, not just now.

FOF: Rivers is the most underrated QB right now?

Fact: Always has been, not just now.

FOF: Rivers is the most underrated QB right now?

Fiction. Pennigton even Cutler seems to be more underrated, but Rivers will be with them.

FOF: Miami are the best of the AFC East's 8-5 teams

Fiction. Pennigton even Cutler seems to be more underrated, but Rivers will be with them.

FOF: Miami are the best of the AFC East's 8-5 teams

Fact: Recent clutch form has pushed Miami ahead of both Bills and Jets. Pats are a little behind imo. But have the potential to be better thru December.

FOF: Ravens D worse to face in the playoffs than Steeler D??

Fact: Recent clutch form has pushed Miami ahead of both Bills and Jets. Pats are a little behind imo. But have the potential to be better thru December.

FOF: Ravens D worse to face in the playoffs than Steeler D??

Fiction: Even though i think the Ravens D is better, their would be more pressure on you when facing the Steelers because you know you must score to stay with the Steelers

FOF: JaMarcus Russell is the WORST QB ever taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft in the modern era (1970 i believe)

FICTION: He will come good and become a very reliable NFL QB.

FOF: In 10 years time Darren McFadden will be the best RB taken in his draft.

Fiction if he stays in Oakland, Fact if he goes to a team that has an o-line, i like the one developing in Cleveland.

FOF: Oakland would beat Detroit if they met 2morrow.

Fiction if he stays in Oakland, Fact if he goes to a team that has an o-line, i like the one developing in Cleveland.

FOF: Oakland would beat Detroit if they met 2morrow.

Fiction.. 0-0 TIE... OT included. SNORE BOWL. :thumbsdown:

I agree Riggy. The Browns wheel will turn eventually (Bill Cowher is the messiah ;))

FOF.. Herm Edwards LOSES his job next month

Ficton- They have to rely on too many results going thier way including a possible win in NY in week 17.

FOF- The Steelers D will dominate any AFC Offense (in playoffs) it comes up against and will make it to the SB

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back