Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fact or Fiction - So the Hype Begins...

Fiction. Im not sure what you mean by a facourable schedule. I think all 7 games are coin flips. With Orton i Think they may go 3-4 from here. But looking at the other teams in the NFC North and their schedules i wouldnt be suprised if they make the playoffs with a 8-8 record, But if they do make it, they would be lucky to get through the divisional round, even if they can get through a home game in the Wildcard week.

FOF. Their will be 2 teams from the AFC West in this years playoffs.

Fiction. The 2 teams (Denver and San Diego) are not playing that well this year, Denver has a chance to make the playoffs, but San Diego I believe are leaving it too little too late, and their schedule isn't that favourable for the rest of the year either.

FOF. The Raiders won't score an offensive touchdown for the rest of the year.

FOF. The Raiders won't score an offensive touchdown for the rest of the year.

That's too easy to ASSUME 'fact' when we all know that the NFL have a wicked way of making us all look stupid so I think they'll somehow, someway, thru a missed tackle, get into the endzone at least ONCE.

FOF..

Jim Fassell wants the gig in Oakland, does Al Davis simply have any other choice?

That's too easy to ASSUME 'fact' when we all know that the NFL have a wicked way of making us all look stupid so I think they'll somehow, someway, thru a missed tackle, get into the endzone at least ONCE.

FOF..

Jim Fassell wants the gig in Oakland, does Al Davis simply have any other choice?
Well I can't really answer that with fact OR fiction Woody ;) But, its fact that he does have other options... Its just they won't really matter if Fassel sucks up enough ;) (For what its worth, Fassel is not a good choice)

FOF
Dolphins make the 6th WC spot...

Well I can't really answer that with fact OR fiction Woody ;) But, its fact that he does have other options... Its just they won't really matter if Fassel sucks up enough ;) (For what its worth, Fassel is not a good choice)

FOF
Dolphins make the 6th WC spot...

Fiction. Looking at their schedule, i think its favourable, maybe a 11-5 season, Which i think will get them the number 5 wild card spot. maybe even the divisional title. and i thought they would go 4-12 pre season, my biggest stuff up this year.

FOF. Vince Young will take another offensive snap this year.

Fiction. Looking at their schedule, i think its favourable, maybe a 11-5 season, Which i think will get them the number 5 wild card spot. maybe even the divisional title. and i thought they would go 4-12 pre season, my biggest stuff up this year.

FOF. Vince Young will take another offensive snap this year.

Fiction. If it ain't broke...

Here's an interesting one:

FOF

The Chargers let the wrong RB go.

FOF

Tough won. Most would of let Turner go in favour of LT, so i would say Fiction. If Turner is 25 or younger i would say fact but The chargers still have sproles so its not a real huge loss

FOF. The chargers got the better of the manning-rivers trade.

Tough won. Most would of let Turner go in favour of LT, so i would say Fiction. If Turner is 25 or younger i would say fact but The chargers still have sproles so its not a real huge loss

FOF. The chargers got the better of the manning-rivers trade.

Fact.

Rivers, Kaeding and Merriman (even if he leaves) > Eli. And that's before you even consider that NYG could have drafted another position and just kept Warner. IIRC the Giants were much improved in the first 6 games Warner was under centre.

FOF

Despite what has happened this year, the Chargers would me mocked as one of the worst dfront offices if they got rid of LdT...

I thought you were talking about Sproles :p

Fact.

Rivers, Kaeding and Merriman (even if he leaves) > Eli. And that's before you even consider that NYG could have drafted another position and just kept Warner. IIRC the Giants were much improved in the first 6 games Warner was under centre.
We got to keep Umenyiora from the deal as well... Although not directly involved...

Alas, they would take the trade back if they had the ring :D

Kurt Warner had 6 TDs, 4 INT and 12 fumbles (half lost) in the first 10 games of the year, averages just under 200 ypg... And Barber broke 100 yards in 7 of the first 10 games...

Warner wouldn't be around today if he stayed behind centre... I mean he was sacked 39 times after only 9 starts.

No FOF for me to answer btw :p

FOF. Titans are worthy of being 10-0

Fact. As far as I can tell they haven't been outplayed or outcoached in any of their games.

Now to redeem myself...

FOF. There is no longer such thing as a shutdown corner in the NFL today.

Fact. As far as I can tell they haven't been outplayed or outcoached in any of their games.

Now to redeem myself...

FOF. There is no longer such thing as a shutdown corner in the NFL today.

I'll go with Fiction and site the Lack of output from R Moss last Thursday (US time). I'm happy to be corrected but I believe that Ty Law had him most of the time (happy to be corrected here) and 3 catches for 26 yards wasn't much output.

FOF The Fins are the best 6-4 team in the AFC

I'll go with Fiction and site the Lack of output from R Moss last Thursday (US time). I'm happy to be corrected but I believe that Ty Law had him most of the time (happy to be corrected here) and 3 catches for 26 yards wasn't much output.

Fiction - I'd have to rank the Cowboys, Patriots and maybe the Ravens ahead of the Fins ATM. They'd have to go down as the most entertaining of that group though.

FOF - Before the NFL decides to expand again, they need to something about the basket case franchises (Detroit, Cincinnati, Oakland and others) Ownership benchmarks maybe??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiction
I'm going with fiction even though I'm a Dolphin fan. Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, Redskins, Cowboys and Falcons are all 6-4 and good teams. Fins beat the Pats and Broncos but lost to the Ravens. So I would have to say the Ravens are a better team. I think the fins are better than the Colts and Falcons but Fins against the Cowboys would be a monumental match up. Fins are basically Cowboys 2.0.

FOF
Philly will make the playoffs this season...

Sven26 said:
FOF - Before the NFL decides to expand again, they need to something about the basket case franchises (Detroit, Cincinnati, Oakland and others) Ownership benchmarks maybe??

Fiction: The NFL dont really have that much jurisdiction to "do anything" about any franchise. And let them near Alameda and they'd be sued silly. Anyway, Goodell is on record as saying it's not something he would/could/should "do"---interferring in Davis' franchise. Everyone knows Al isnt long to go and it's just a matter of waiting it out. And Davis is trying to put a succession plan in place moving forward. And on expansion per se, it wont happen for a long time yet. Just relocations.

Ludacris said:
FOF....Philly will make the playoffs this season...

Fiction: The Eagles blow.

FOF: Coach of the Year.....somehow Bill Belichick again over candidates like Fisher, Wisenhunt, Smith, Spagnulo, Coughlin, Zorn, Tomlin, Harbaugh.

Why are people throwing in the Cowboys and Skins? I said AFC!!!

Fiction: The NFL dont really have that much jurisdiction to "do anything" about any franchise. And let them near Alameda and they'd be sued silly. Anyway, Goodell is on record as saying it's not something he would/could/should "do"---interferring in Davis' franchise. Everyone knows Al isnt long to go and it's just a matter of waiting it out. And Davis is trying to put a succession plan in place moving forward. And on expansion per se, it wont happen for a long time yet. Just relocations.

Fiction: The Eagles blow.

FOF: Coach of the Year.....somehow Bill Belichick again over candidates like Fisher, Wisenhunt, Smith, Spagnulo, Coughlin, Zorn, Tomlin, Harbaugh.

Fiction: Jeff Fisher or Ken Whisenhunt

FOF: The Cards will chase a RB this off season

Fiction: Jeff Fisher or Ken Whisenhunt

FOF: The Cards will chase a RB this off season

Fact - the Edge is gone and the Cardinals will take another RB in the 1st round draft to share carries with Hightower in 2009. IF the Cardinals can hold onto Boldin, the Cardinals could be scary on offence in 2009.

FOF - John David Booty will start for the Vikings before the end of the season.

Fact - the Edge is gone and the Cardinals will take another RB in the 1st round draft to share carries with Hightower in 2009. IF the Cardinals can hold onto Boldin, the Cardinals could be scary on offence in 2009.

FOF - John David Booty will start for the Vikings before the end of the season.

Fiction: There's no reason he would get a start. But he may get spot duty. But imo they'll sit him all season to learn a la Palmer, and if he's to have a shot at a start, it wont be till next season camp, where he either makes a case to be the franchise QB or blows and ends up a Josh McCown.

FOF: The team that wins the Superbowl will be a first-timer...like a Cardinals, or Titans, or Bills, or Falcons. {note: might as well include the JETS in there seeing as the one they won was 40 years ago}

Fiction: There's no reason he would get a start. But he may get spot duty. But imo they'll sit him all season to learn a la Palmer, and if he's to have a shot at a start, it wont be till next season camp, where he either makes a case to be the franchise QB or blows and ends up a Josh McCown.

FOF: The team that wins the Superbowl will be a first-timer...like a Cardinals, or Titans, or Bills, or Falcons. {note: might as well include the JETS in there seeing as the one they won was 40 years ago}

Very possible GG. I'm thinking the J-E-T-S will square up with the G-Men IF they don't face the Steelers in the play-offs. Otherwise, fiction. ;).

Can't see any of the NFC teams toppling the G-Men. Infact..

FOF: Back to Back Supabah for the G-Men?

Very possible GG. I'm thinking the J-E-T-S will square up with the G-Men IF they don't face the Steelers in the play-offs. Otherwise, fiction. ;).

Can't see any of the NFC teams toppling the G-Men. Infact..

FOF: Back to Back Supabah for the G-Men?

Fact: Can't see the Cards D containing the "Three Headed Monster" running game.

FOF: LJ won't get another contract.

Fact: Can't see the Cards D containing the "Three Headed Monster" running game.

FOF: LJ won't get another contract.

Depends.

Fact IF he can last out his current contract it is hell be 33. End of 2012 season.

Fiction If he gets cut. he may still be good enough to be able to take some carries as a backup kinda like Sean alexander with the Redskins at the moment

FOF. The Buccs will be the first team ever to play in their home stadium in a superbowl this season.

FOF. The Buccs will be the first team ever to play in their home stadium in a superbowl this season.

Fiction. Bucs are (not an A grade team) not good enough to advance beyond Divisional play-offs.

Last week I pumped up the Bears tyres saying they are the dark horse... :rolleyes: Packers shot that one in the arse. :D

FOF: If Denver make the play-offs, Coach Shannahan's contract stays intact.
Miss the play-offs... Shannahan is GAWN!

Fiction. Bucs are (not an A grade team) not good enough to advance beyond Divisional play-offs.

Last week I pumped up the Bears tyres saying they are the dark horse... :rolleyes: Packers shot that one in the arse. :D

FOF: If Denver make the play-offs, Coach Shannahan's contract stays intact.
Miss the play-offs... Shannahan is GAWN!

Fiction: If a team can make the playoffs without a RB. Who is it now? Than the coach made some pretty decent playcalls. Most likely next year this will be the case.

And what was my answer about the Bears. Maybe 3-5 if Orton came back. 8-8 at the end of the season.

FOF: The dolphins are better than a 6-4 team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back