Family day

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Gordon said it was the biggest crowd he'd ever seen at Whitten Oval. Read into that what you will, but I'm thinking he must have missed the last game there against West Coast. (26000+).

I think there was more there today. I do remember the WC game but the crowd on the actual oval was solid, even right near the back where I was.

I think there was more there today. I do remember the WC game but the crowd on the actual oval was solid, even right near the back where I was.

Could be nearer to that figure than I thought. This from the Hun:

"BOB MURPHY has declared his love for his Western Bulldogs teammates in front of thousands of adoring and jubilant fans at Whitten Oval.

A day after the Bulldogs ended their premiership drought, more than 25,000 loyal and long-suffering supporters descended on Whitten Oval to thank their idols.

“I love all these guys,” Murphy said on stage after being presented with the trophy.

“They play with such heart and determination. But honestly they play for all of you (fans).”

That last game against West Coast. Cold, wet and windy. True kennel weather. I always stood at the Geelong Road end under the windsock and the can bar there under the scoreboard ran out of beer half way through the third quarter that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standing in the centre circle beanie and forges scarf on and Fila hoodie. Come say hello.
I saw you! Or Link anyway, looking majestic. You were in the queue outside, we were heading in the opposite direction. Thought I might spot you inside but too many people.

Did anyone see Chicago1?

I saw you! Or Link anyway, looking majestic. You were in the queue outside, we were heading in the opposite direction. Thought I might spot you inside but too many people.

Did anyone see Chicago1?
Unfortunately Link wasn't allowed in by security so I had to drop him off home.
Was crazy inside so it was impossible to get to many people but come say hello next time.

Is it true something is happening in Ballarat tomorrow? What's the go?

Packed! Didn't know we had that many supporters.

Also Link is the best Wingman
Amazing how success brings out the supporter base. You may have to play all your games at the MCG next year to fit all your supporters in;). Anyway congrats on a wonderful win - the boys played superb. After your win against us in the EF and the way your boys played on that day, thought to myself if they keep reproducing this standard of football they could go all the way! The rest is history now. Enjoy the celebrations.

Best thing was all the merchandise tents had 45-minute queues and people buying a stack of stuff. Hope every cent has gone to the club

On mobile device using BigFooty mobile app

c7 news said the club has sold $1,000,000 worth of merchandise in the last week alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Family day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back