Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

What bugs me alot also is we are going on about protecting people from swear words.

Why not protect children from gambling and alcohol advertising? If Im a parent Im much more concerned about Sportsbet ads every 15 seconds getting rammed down my sons throat while watching the game then if 1 of the 100 fans calls a umpire a mongrel because I know which one has more of a negative impact

You cant protect people in 1 hand and harm in the other just because 1 has a financial benefit. It makes you a hypocrite whose opinion means nothing

This is exactly why the AFL has lost credibility and has no right to be taking the moral high ground. That Gil can sit their with his faux concern and pontificate as he does is the reason people turn off him. He only cares about how much money he can squeeze out the “stakeholders”.

Just testing out the coding with someone who won't get offended. Angry face....umm interesting.
Skipper K my google smartphone won't allow me to leave an angry like.
skipper kelly you have entered hallowed ground, the first person to leave an angry face at my post(s). One of many to come no doubt. Thought quandary, did you pop my cherry or did I pop your cherry?

Skipper K my google smartphone won't allow me to leave an angry like.
skipper kelly you have entered hallowed ground, the first person to leave an angry face at my post(s). One of many to come no doubt. Thought quandary, did you pop my cherry or did I pop your cherry?

You popped mine BC. I changed it to love. I can only love you BC. I can't be angry.

This is exactly why the AFL has lost credibility and has no right to be taking the moral high ground. That Gil can sit their with his faux concern and pontificate as he does is the reason people turn off him. He only cares about how much money he can squeeze out the “stakeholders”.
WillieNillie also SEN and Family Peace social engineering and gambling

Interesting article written before the crowd behaviour thing blew up.

Gil said he's happy to meet with Joffa and hopes to see him at the next game. If he's a man of his word he can wander down among the Collingwood cheer squad for a consultation, fresh from slapping Stephenson with a 10-week ban.

Over to you, Gil. Show you have the common touch.

Gil said he's happy to meet with Joffa and hopes to see him at the next game. If he's a man of his word he can wander down among the Collingwood cheer squad for a consultation, fresh from slapping Stephenson with a 10-week ban.

Over to you, Gil. Show you have the common touch.
He won't go down there, he will invite Jof to "go up"

If I'm annoyed and offended by the deafening scoreboard advertising and the idiotic "entertainment" at half-time with MC's screaming over some housewife and fat slob racing back and forth to fill their trolley with footballs and win a year's supply of IDon'tGiveAFcuk, can I ring the anti-social behaviour hotline and get them all removed?

I'm trying to have a conversation with my friend, talk about the game and have a catch up, but I can't hear myself think, let alone hear what the person next to me is saying. Pretty anti-social behaviour by the Stadium Management, if you ask me.

If I'm annoyed and offended by the deafening scoreboard advertising and the idiotic "entertainment" at half-time with MC's screaming over some housewife and fat slob racing back and forth to fill their trolley with footballs and win a year's supply of IDon'tGiveAFcuk, can I ring the anti-social behaviour hotline and get them all removed?

I'm trying to have a conversation with my friend, talk about the game and have a catch up, but I can't hear myself think, let alone hear what the person next to me is saying. Pretty anti-social behaviour by the Stadium Management, if you ask me.

Post of the year!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

attorney general qc george brandis

The same AG that proposed weakening the tests apparent in the Racial Discrimination Act....haha.

Poor choice of person to quote.

Using him won't advance your argument.

who don’t understand the basic democratic rights of ‘freedom of speech’
‘rule of law’ basic old fashioned common law principles.

Australia has no freedom of speech. We don't have a bill of rights. Common Law principles apply when no relevant legislation exists or deviates from legislation. In this case there are several acts restricting discrimination in various forms. Have had for a while.

Seriously gents. Enforcing AFL/stadium rules so umpires don't get filth spat at them is not going to turn the entire country into an Orwellian police state. Grow up.

What other workplace in the country allows you to get close to someone you've never met before, observe their work and verbally abuse them for up to 2 hours?

Evicted Carlton fan engages top law firm to clear name and demand apology from AFL (Herald Sun, paywallled)

The Carlton fan accused of running across two bays at Marvel Stadium to hurl abuse at an umpire at a Carlton game has followed through on his legal threat against the AFL, engaging a top law firm to act on his behalf.

Lawyers for footy’s flog man have fired a legal letter to the AFL demanding a formal apology and retraction of claims he “ran across two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls.
Frankie’s lawyers are also seeking the removal of the first and final warning slapped on him by the AFL integrity department.

Mr Siebel said Frankie was willing to sit down and apologise to umpire Nichols for calling him a “bald-headed flog” as part of the retraction process.
Broadcaster Gerard Whateley weighed into the Frankie furore last week by criticising 3AW for “championing him in a bizarre and inappropriate way” after he called in to tell his side of the story.

The same AG that proposed weakening the tests apparent in the Racial Discrimination Act....haha.

Poor choice of person to quote.

Using him won't advance your argument.
are u obtuse brah? u were unable to discern my rhetoric? I don't need Brandis, but said aphorism was merely felicitous 😉

You want to control speech and thought, off to the gulag for u*

I have confidence in Australians of all stripe if gov't and film directors don't engage in demagogy and stay out of the way. I can do w/o Dangerfield Lyon Watson Whateley Hutchison telling me how to comport my life.

I want to report the gambling ads way too loud and one can’t talk to friends.

French children playgrounds FRENCH🇫🇷 architects/engineers invented NEW playgrounds that integrated dangerous obstacles in the theory the children will normalise danger to a level where they are not endandgered.

French good like that. Even planted trees up and down the Champs Elysees so the Germans could march in the shade.

I doubt Gillon McLachlan is capable of giving a straight answer even if his life depended on it.

Very straight re the drug cheats.

A few are going to stop going to games because they can't abuse people? Knock yourself out.

I have confidence in Australians of all stripe if gov't and film directors don't engage in demagogy and stay out of the way. I can do w/o Dangerfield Lyon Watson Whateley Hutchison telling me how to comport my life.

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Gill that all supporters are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Magpies super fan ‘Joffa’ Corfe rails against politically correct culture
Footy fan legend Jeff “Joffa” Corfe has railed against political correctness and “Left-wing lunatics” in the wake of the fan behaviour fiasco.

Joffa said he would return to the footy to see his beloved Magpies this weekend after AFL boss Gillon McLachlan apologised to supporters over excessive crowd control.

In a podcast for free market think tank the Institute of Public Affairs, the Collingwood cheer squad member said the footy terraces were still free of political correctness, but “the PC society that we’re living in society today is going to kill us”.

“It is slowly doing it now. And it’s also people pretending to be offended. There are a lot of people out there that just pretend to be offended so they talk about something,” he said.

“I lean towards the Left (but) sadly there are a minority of people who are extreme Left-wing lunatics.”

“They infiltrate the media and the radio stations, and they push out this message that this is how you’ve got to think, this is what you’ve got to say, you can’t behave like that.”

Joffa said that in the terraces, “we’re all one people, we’re all there for the one reason to support the club that we love”.

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Gill that all supporters are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Great book.

But you're comparing society to a heavily commercialized spectator sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back