Fanfooty 09 Planner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Biggie how likely do you think the big Q will play more midfield in 09?
There's a lot of potential to be had playing well above his average in the last 7 rounds

Really could do a Richo 08 imo. I have him in my plans.

An article came out saying he was destined to be our FF again.....but it is a nonsense article..http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/sport/afl/story/0,26633,24990127-5014947,00.html. As you can see, no direct quotes and its more about Cox and the NAB cup

He has slimmed right down and has improved his endurance in the off season.

There's a fair amount of uncertainty in the midfield for mine TG also starting both Yarran and Frontbum is a fair risk.

Big fan of your back line though

Really could do a Richo 08 imo. I have him in my plans.

An article came out saying he was destined to be our FF again.....but it is a nonsense article..http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/sport/afl/story/0,26633,24990127-5014947,00.html. As you can see, no direct quotes and its more about Cox and the NAB cup

He has slimmed right down and has improved his endurance in the off season.

Thanks for that well if his build and training are anything to go by than it sounds like he's in for a big year, I just wasn't sure Woosha would be willing to sacrifice any goal kicking power for the sake of playing him in the guts.

There's a fair amount of uncertainty in the midfield for mine TG also starting both Yarran and Frontbum is a fair risk.

Big fan of your back line though

Gotta take risks somewhere I think, and the midfield is the place to do it in my opinion.

My guru score is still above 2000, which is what ill be aiming at for Round 1. I think i have the firepower in the forward and back lines to cover my weak midfield at the start, but if Swallow and Coughlan really fire, they'll be handy cash cows, and im hoping Cotch will be my successful middle tier player to go up in value too. Rich is a no-brainer obviously. :thumbsu:

Yeah I see your point TG I'm pretty tempted to chuck cogs in there but it will depend on preseason form for me,

At the moment hes in for me definately, because hes tearing it up at training.

At this stage, the only thing that will turn me off Cogs is if he misses the NAB game. :thumbsu:

Who do people think is better suited to SC, Boak or Van Berlo?

I've got VB in my side at the moment because of his durability and glowing training reports but he has the tendency to handball more than kick which in better suited to DT.

Boak works very hard off the ball (4th most tackles at port) and looks to have put on a bit of size but in the Power Midfield it may be hard for him to get enough of it to make for high scoring.

Both are on the up and very similarly priced who would you choose?

Who do people think is better suited to SC, Boak or Van Berlo?

I've got VB in my side at the moment because of his durability and glowing training reports but he has the tendency to handball more than kick which in better suited to DT.

Boak works very hard off the ball (4th most tackles at port) and looks to have put on a bit of size but in the Power Midfield it may be hard for him to get enough of it to make for high scoring.

Both are on the up and very similarly priced who would you choose?

Gibbs.

haha naaa I have VB in DT, neither in SC. Boak looks the goods, but too much shared competition imo.

Gibbs.

haha naaa I have VB in DT, neither in SC. Boak looks the goods, but too much shared competition imo.

I didn't say Gibbs wasn't an option but he might already be in my team;)

Although Kornes is an option and very tempting after having a bad year, he setting personal bests from what i've read

Hi all my little brother doesnt have an account so he wants me to post his team for some feedback for him... he is only new to the whole supercoach thing so be nice ;)

Fisher
Enright
Newman
Gilbee
Myers
Houlihan
Hurley

Corey
M Murphy
J Selwood
Dalziell
Cotchin
Rich

Hale
Simmonds

Reiwoldt
O'keefe
Deledio
Stevie J
Vespremi
Higgins
Yarran

Another Fanplanner Team*

:D

Goddard
Shaw
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
R.Clarke
Malceski
Davenport
C.Shmidt

Judd
Selwood
Gibbs
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Beams
Robinson

Cox
Ottens
Currie
Jacobs

Pav
Deledio
Brennan
Lynch
Al.Davey
Higgins
M.Brown
Gumbleton
Walker

Not really fussed about the rookies too much, but am a bit annoyed at having to have a rookie ruckman and backman on the bench. Apart from that though I'm really pleased with all the starters but the forward line I'm really happy with. :) I haven't really gone for any pure Key Forward as Pav and Lynch will probably play midfield, Lynch in particular. I'll be looking to upgrade a few players as the season goes along as Buddy and Roo will probably have poor starts after pre-season injuries. BTW Walker is not as injured as expected and has been reported by Carlton fans to be doing close to all sesssions and excercises. He was also reported doing push-ups a few days ago. I like it (apart from Jacobs and Schmidt :mad::thumbsdown:) but want to see what other people think. :):cool:

*and yes I did try to attract posts with my large, bold heading...:eek:

Another Fanplanner Team*

:D

Goddard
Shaw
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
R.Clarke
Malceski
Davenport
C.Shmidt

Judd
Selwood
Gibbs
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Beams
Robinson

Cox
Ottens
Currie
Jacobs

Pav
Deledio
Brennan
Lynch
Al.Davey
Higgins
M.Brown
Gumbleton
Walker

Not really fussed about the rookies too much, but am a bit annoyed at having to have a rookie ruckman and backman on the bench. Apart from that though I'm really pleased with all the starters but the forward line I'm really happy with. :) I haven't really gone for any pure Key Forward as Pav and Lynch will probably play midfield, Lynch in particular. I'll be looking to upgrade a few players as the season goes along as Buddy and Roo will probably have poor starts after pre-season injuries. BTW Walker is not as injured as expected and has been reported by Carlton fans to be doing close to all sesssions and excercises. He was also reported doing push-ups a few days ago. I like it (apart from Jacobs and Schmidt :mad::thumbsdown:) but want to see what other people think. :):cool:

*and yes I did try to attract posts with my large, bold heading...:eek:
great team i really like it, but not sure if saving money on bench players is a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the idea either but because I only have about $6,000 left I can't do anything about it...bit annoyed about actually.

All well, we'll see how things go.

My Team: Something looks odd about it, but give me your thoughts

Luke Hodge
Dale Morris
Lindsay Gilbee
Harry Taylor
Jack Ziebell
Stephen Hill
Danny Stanley

Ricky Petterd
Scott Selwood

Joel Selwood
Scott Pendlebury
Daniel Wells
Daniel Rich
Trent Cotchin
Steele Sidebottom

John McCarthy
Xavier Ellis

Dean Cox
Dean Brogan

Tyrone Vickery
Ayce Cordy

Brett Deledio
Kyle Reimers
Steve Johnson
Lance Franklin
Sean Rusling
Chris Yarran
Ryan Davis

Jack Watts
Tom Hawkins

I have a feeling thats too many first year players, this is sorted by guru's scores not price, thats why the bench may have altered players compared to what I would have normally.

Thoughts and feedback? :)

This could probably go in player discussion but it will be interesting to see how many go for Roo without seeing him play in the nab cup...

Could be a good upgrade at some stage.

My Team: Something looks odd about it, but give me your thoughts

Luke Hodge
Dale Morris
Lindsay Gilbee
Harry Taylor
Jack Ziebell
Stephen Hill
Danny Stanley

Ricky Petterd
Scott Selwood

Joel Selwood
Scott Pendlebury
Daniel Wells
Daniel Rich
Trent Cotchin
Steele Sidebottom

John McCarthy
Xavier Ellis

Dean Cox
Dean Brogan

Tyrone Vickery
Ayce Cordy

Brett Deledio
Kyle Reimers
Steve Johnson
Lance Franklin
Sean Rusling
Chris Yarran
Ryan Davis

Jack Watts
Tom Hawkins

I have a feeling thats too many first year players, this is sorted by guru's scores not price, thats why the bench may have altered players compared to what I would have normally.

Thoughts and feedback? :)

Yeah, like you said probably too many rookies in there. Also, you might want to get rid of Hawkins as he is recovering from injury. Get onto one or two of Scott Gumbleton, Mitch Brown (WCE) or Taylor Walker. All could have big years and are cheap as chips forwards. I personally favour Mitch Brown and Walker but alot of other people have Gumbleton in the team starting over the latter two. Dean Brogan is an interesting choice for second ruck. I have not really seeen him in too many peoples teams but it could pay off with Lade turning into an old man. Altogether not too bad a team. The team though unfortunately looks alot worse for some reson when Ellis and Hawkins are on the benches. Maybe there's not as many rookies in there as I thought. :)

B: Goddard, Cornes, Newman, Adcock, Scotland, Malceski, Houlihan (Suban, Petrenko)

C: Ablett, Judd, Gibbs, Haselby, Masten, Rich (Robinson, Davenport)

R: Cox, Leunberger (Currie, Trengrove)

F: Deledio, Pavlich, Harvey, Lucas, Vezpremi, Sidebottom, Yarran (Gumbleton, Walker)

Thoughts? :D:p

B: Goddard, Cornes, Newman, Adcock, Scotland, Malceski, Houlihan (Suban, Petrenko)

C: Ablett, Judd, Gibbs, Haselby, Masten, Rich (Robinson, Davenport)

R: Cox, Leunberger (Currie, Trengrove)

F: Deledio, Pavlich, Harvey, Lucas, Vezpremi, Sidebottom, Yarran (Gumbleton, Walker)

Thoughts? :D:p

I like the team overall. There are some ripper players in there thats for sure. It's an interesting strategy, choose a few more rookies/cheap players than most and pack the rest with absolute freakshows but i have to say i'm a fan. It will obviously take some time to really get this team up and going but when it does you should be all set for your finals. If you have a few top of the range premiums in each position, it will sorta cover for your average rookie scores, so you should still start off ok. What was your prediction for round 1??

Here's my team. It's changed about every 5 minutes so it will probably be different by the time somone replies. :) Who are people going as Ruck emg's? Really struggling.

Backs: Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Hurn, Raines, O'Keeffe and Suban

Mids: Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Boak, Coughlan, Rich, Beams and Blease

Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer, Trengove and Sellar

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Murphy, Lynch, Lucas, Higgins, Yaran, Sidebottom and Ballantyne

Goddard
Newman
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
R.Clarke
Malceski
Gallman
Suban

Judd
Selwood
Gibbs
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Robinson
Beams

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
Currie

Pav
Deledio
Brennan
Al.Davey
Veszpremi
Higgins
M.Brown
Gumbleton
Walker

With $5,500 left I'm pretty happy. I see (realistically) Goddard, Newman, Cornes, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Cox, Ottens, Pavlich, Brennan and Deledio all averaging around 100 or close too it with other players a chance (such as Adcock who could get back to that elite season of 2007). Just want to see what other peoples thpughts are...

Goddard
Newman
Cornes
Walker
Adcock
R.Clarke
Malceski
Gallman
Suban

Judd
Selwood
Gibbs
Boak
Coughlan
Rich
Robinson
Beams

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
Currie

Pav
Deledio
Brennan
Al.Davey
Veszpremi
Higgins
M.Brown
Gumbleton
Walker

With $5,500 left I'm pretty happy. I see (realistically) Goddard, Newman, Cornes, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Cox, Ottens, Pavlich, Brennan and Deledio all averaging around 100 or close too it with other players a chance (such as Adcock who could get back to that elite season of 2007). Just want to see what other peoples thpughts are...

one of the better teams i've seen in my opinion, but i would say that as its quite similar to mine :D

BACKS
Corey Enright
Chris Newman
Sam Fisher
Lindsay Gilbee
Jed Adcock
Ryan Houlihan
Stephen Hill
Greg Gallman/Aaron Kite
Nic Suban

MIDS
Travis Boak
Chris Judd
Joel Selwood
Kane Cornes
Steele Sidebottom
Daniel Rich
Dayne Beams/Mitch Robinson
Patrick Dangerfield

RUCKS
Dean Cox
Brad Ottens
Ty Vickery
Daniel Currie

FORWARDS
Matthew Pavlich
Ryan O'Keefe
Brent Harvey
Brett Deledio
Scott Gumbleton/Taylor Walker
Mitchell Brown
Chris Yarran
Taylor Walker/Scott Gumbleton/Simon Hogan
Hayden Ballantyne

Have $171K left an am unsure what to do with it - might be an upgrade if Hill doesn't play (though reports suggest he may), or I could upgrade a mid to Bartel.

Haven't decided entirely on my bench guys and rookies, NAB Cup will help on that one.

BACKS
Corey Enright
Chris Newman
Sam Fisher
Lindsay Gilbee
Jed Adcock
Ryan Houlihan
Stephen Hill
Greg Gallman/Aaron Kite
Nic Suban

MIDS
Travis Boak
Chris Judd
Joel Selwood
Kane Cornes
Steele Sidebottom
Daniel Rich
Dayne Beams/Mitch Robinson
Patrick Dangerfield

RUCKS
Dean Cox
Brad Ottens
Ty Vickery
Daniel Currie

FORWARDS
Matthew Pavlich
Ryan O'Keefe
Brent Harvey
Brett Deledio
Scott Gumbleton/Taylor Walker
Mitchell Brown
Chris Yarran
Taylor Walker/Scott Gumbleton/Simon Hogan
Hayden Ballantyne

Have $171K left an am unsure what to do with it - might be an upgrade if Hill doesn't play (though reports suggest he may), or I could upgrade a mid to Bartel.

Haven't decided entirely on my bench guys and rookies, NAB Cup will help on that one.

mitch brown is playing in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back