Fanfooty 09 Planner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best ruck reserves in people's opinions?

Im thinking maybe just putting one as a 83,000 rookie who will never play, just to save money.

But ill need a third for cash cow and emergency purposes. Just in case Coxy or Otto dont come up. :thumbsu:

Carlton Kid, Ballantyne looks to have wrist complications.

Thousands of fantasy coaches have already pencilled in Hayden Ballantyne as one of their starting forwards, but news is slowly starting to trickle out about his AFL debut being delayed significantly due to complications from a long-term wrist injury.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13548499#post13548499

I was lucky, I managed to keep my entire side bar Riewoldt, who I swapped with Boomer. Good trade I reckon. :D

What are the best ruck reserves in people's opinions?

Im thinking maybe just putting one as a 83,000 rookie who will never play, just to save money.

But ill need a third for cash cow and emergency purposes. Just in case Coxy or Otto dont come up. :thumbsu:
Currie and Giles.

The quickest of quickies:

Enright
Ziebell
Cornes
Houli
Broadbent
Fisher
Goddard

Sloane, Trengove

Ablett
Selwood
Swan
Cross
Coughlan
Rich

Strauss, Shuey

Cox
Vickery

Clarke, McKernan

Riewoldt
Harvey
Deledio
Pavlich
Sidebottom
Watts
Gumbleton

Hogan, Heyne

I know there's probably 4-5 too many rookies in there, and I've essentially stabbed at many of the names knowing that through the NAB Cup we'll get a better idea of which guys in that price range will start and which won't.

does anyone think that J.Selwood has reached his full potential?
Does anyone know anything about clayton hinkley? thinking of putting him on my bench

does anyone think that J.Selwood has reached his full potential?
Does anyone know anything about clayton hinkley? thinking of putting him on my bench
A stat got posted on the Geelong board that Selwood was getting his figures last year with 65% TOG. On top of that he's clearly bulked up over summer.

So no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My side (work in progress):
Newman
C. Cornes
Mattner
Mackie
Adcock
Malceski
Petterd
Suban
Trengove

Ball
J. Selwood
Brennan
Cotchin
Hasleby
Rich
Sidebottom
Robinson

Cox
Ottens
Vickery
McEvoy

Pavlich
Deledio
J. Brown
Chapman
LeCras
Higgins
Rusling
Mitchell Brown
Gumbleton

I quite like it. Thoughts?

Backs:
Fisher
Mackie
Gilbee
Malceski
Waters
Drummond
Pettard
Rance
Hurley

Mids:
Foley
Judd
Kerr
Coughlan
Rich
Corey
Hartlett
Sidebottum

Ruck:
Cox
Ottens
Vickery
Curry

Forwards:
Franklin
Riewoldt
Giansiracusa
Higgins
Rusling
Headland
Al.Davey
Walker
J.Grant

This is my revamped side due to the price changes. Any thoughts

Backs:
Fisher
Mackie
Gilbee
Malceski
Waters
Drummond
Pettard
Rance
Hurley

Mids:
Foley
Judd
Kerr
Coughlan
Rich
Corey
Hartlett
Sidebottum

Ruck:
Cox
Ottens
Vickery
Curry

Forwards:
Franklin
Riewoldt
Giansiracusa
Higgins
Rusling
Headland
Al.Davey
Walker
J.Grant

This is my revamped side due to the price changes. Any thoughts
Nice side, but Rooey just had surgery and will miss the NAB so you might want to swap him with Pav.

Yep spot on with Volt.

Riewoldt to miss NAB Cup after surgery

ST KILDA’S hopes of defending its 2008 NAB Cup win have been dealt a blow with skipper Nick Riewoldt ruled out of the pre-season competition after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on Friday night.

Hopefully he drops a bit when he plays so I can upgrade to him eventually. :thumbsu:

Hey Biggie how do you think Daniel Kerr will go this year? Hows his knee holding up? I read something about him needing to ice it after each training session, but then I read that he killed your intra-club practice match kicking like 4 goals and numerous disposals. Hopefully he can recap his 07 performance and maybe even get a Brownlow, definite value with only a 88 SC average, but then again I have trouble differentiating the value when you base it on: tags, injury and suspension. I might do a bit of an analysis on him and post it here, but would also like to here it from a WCE supporter.

D.Kerr ripped it up in the intraclub match. But it was only an intraclub match

Yes does get constant icing on his knee after training sessions. More precautionary than anything else.

His head is always of concern, that is will he keep it on his shoulders or lose the plot completely?? His loves to get suspended, even if he has pledged not to get suspended this season.

Will always cop the massive tag in games, which leads to his frustration. Still averaged over 20 (22 IIRC) but wasn't always clean in his disposal, a killer in SC.

Ranged at $482,300 after a substandard avg of 89.5 in 08 (11 gms) v his 119.8 in 07 (17 gms)

If he was under 450K I would probably leap at him but my heart and head say to stay away for now.

Brenndon Goddard
Lindsay Gilbee
Andrew Walker
Chad Cornes
Daniel Merret
John Anthony
Will Thursfield

Shaun Burgoyne
Daniel Cross
Joel Selwood
Travis Boak
Daniel Kerr
Ryan Griffen

Dean Cox
Shaun Hampson

David Hale
Quientin Lynch
Matthew Pavlich
Travis Cloke
Alwyn Davey
Brett Ebert
Sean Rusling

James Strauss
Alex Rance
Jason Davenport
Ben MceEnvoy
James Seller
Hayden Ballantyne
Mitch Brown

I like my team.Thoughts would be appreciated

I know merret not good for Super Coach but his price is cheap and hoping i will we able to replace with a young player from the nab cup.

Im gonna wait till the nab cup for walker.

Hey Biggie how likely do you think the big Q will play more midfield in 09?
There's a lot of potential to be had playing well above his average in the last 7 rounds

Heres my team, im still a little uncertain on the rookies, but thats not as important yet.

Chris Newman
Lindsay Gilbee
Peter Burgoyne
Chad Cornes
Jed Adcock
Nick Malceski
Ricky Petterd

Chris Judd
Daniel Cross
Trent Cotchin
Andrew Swallow
Mark Coughlan