FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With cuz coming in where does that leave us with cogs? I've been going through the best 22 and it's going to be really hard for him to get a game.

People therefore Lakey91, should look at how to use thier money wisely, with your example.

They couldve upgraded a 100k player to a 300k player, or so on, Or they couldve upgraded 2 x 300k players to 2 x 400k players.

Yeh exactly, i was just showing how saying that downgrading cox = more keepers isnt neccessarily true.

I would definately try and upgrade a rookie to a potential keeper rather than upgrade potential keepers to premiums.

Looking at the richmond midfield 2009 thread and seeing a couple of midfields without Deledio in it:eek:

Cotchin, cousins, richo, tuck, foley, coughlan, thomson, deledio... makes for a long list.

Similarly, im wondering if Kane Cornes could experience something similar - salopek, Chad, Cassissi, Boak, Davenport/Hartlett, Burgoyne, Carr.... both seem a bit crowded.

Think this could influence DT scoring?

Probably on the wrong thread here but no doubt ruck durability is an issue. Only 6 of 46 rucks who played last year played 22 games.

Cox
Sandi
Simmonds
Jolly
Minson
Blake

Disregard Minno and Blake through spudliness and of the other main choices over the last 3 years home and away games missed are:

Jolly---------- Nil
Cox----------- 8
Simmonds----- 13
Sandi---------- 11
Hille----------- 7
Ottens-------- 12

Simmonds impacted through 12 missed in one hit. Cox's 8 games missed are from 3 separate injuries in '06 and '07.

I guess with all games of chance, you've got to play the odds.

That makes me wonder what the historical odds are that:
(a) a player who has a history of non-durability makes 22 games in future year
(b) a player who has a history of durability does not make 22 games in the future year

Would be interesting to see whether durability numbers in past few years have correlation/predictiveness with durability numbers in the future year.

I would be thinking Jolly could easily go out and fall over in the 1st minute of round 1 and be out for the season. You just have to wonder what the historical odds are of that happening to a player. Also the other side to that.. Coughlan (for example) what are the odds he would play 22 judging by his track record (and making an assumption that he would play 22 if he was fully fit).

If the odds are 90% chance that someone who has missed 12 games in past 3 years will make 22 games this year. Then you might be willing to take a punt on Ottens.

Whereas the odds are 10% that someone who has missed 12 games in past 3 years will make 22 games this year. Then you probably wouldn't be interested.

MESSAGE TO M0NTY:
I think you may have made a boo boo with Jesse W. Smith. He has received no discount whatsoever yet he only played 2 games in 08.

Looking at the richmond midfield 2009 thread and seeing a couple of midfields without Deledio in it:eek:

Cotchin, cousins, richo, tuck, foley, coughlan, thomson, deledio... makes for a long list.

Similarly, im wondering if Kane Cornes could experience something similar - salopek, Chad, Cassissi, Boak, Davenport/Hartlett, Burgoyne, Carr.... both seem a bit crowded.

Think this could influence DT scoring?
There is 5 pure midfield positions, half forward/back flank midfield positions and also some interchange positions as well and also factor in the fact there would be a couple of injuries. I also believe Cotchin, Richo and Deledio will spend a reasonable amount of time in the forwardline, you also forgot Tambling but I think he has a role change to the backline.

Should Houli be a back too?

Don't think so, he did play HBF and got alot of touches there, but Jay Nash was classed as a centre this year and he gets 90 % of his touches of the HBF i don't think it will happen. How is Chris Johnson going to go for the Blues? Is he going to slot into the 22 nicley ? Winger / HBF ?

This is my worry. Do you think this will stop him from averaging 100+?
Hmmm Deledio is a real gun, I don't think it will be a major influence as he still is primarily a midfielder. If he is listed as a forward like last year he is a must get, but the problem I have with Deledio although he is a very classy player already it would seem there is not much scope for improvement in terms of scoring potential. I would personally rather fork out the extra money and buy a Bartel, Gablett, Corey, Swan, S.Thompson, Cross or KKornes than play someone who is still relatively young and somewhat inexperienced compared to these other premiums who have been in the system for quite a while and have shown great consistency and durability.

Hmmm Deledio is a real gun, I don't think it will be a major influence as he still is primarily a midfielder. If he is listed as a forward like last year he is a must get, but the problem I have with Deledio although he is a very classy player already it would seem there is not much scope for improvement in terms of scoring potential. I would personally rather fork out the extra money and buy a Bartel, Gablett, Corey, Swan, S.Thompson, Cross or KKornes than play someone who is still relatively young and somewhat inexperienced compared to these other premiums who have been in the system for quite a while and have shown great consistency and durability.

Yeh well ive already got another premium (of bartel, gablett, corey, kornes, swan...), i just think that he wont be subject to a tag, will be playing in a rising team, plus he averaged 112 over last 6 rounds:eek:! VERY durable (22, 21, 19, 22) and I see no reason why he cant average 105, just worried that limited gametime/MF time could stunt this growth.

Deledio, Foley and Coughz in the guts with Tuck and Richo on the wing. Although i think Richo will defiatnly be a permanent tall forward now. Cousins should play that HFF role rotating through the midfield and play simialr to Cotchin on the other flank. White and Tambling look to be the HBF unless Raines can be up and running and plays well their.

Deledio has improvment just look at his last 6 weeks. He may get the number 1 tag but Benny being their along with the damaginf Foley it should be spreaded between the 3. Cousins i feel will benefit Deledio if anything taking away that number 1 tag.

Deledio, Foley and Coughz in the guts with Tuck and Richo on the wing. Although i think Richo will defiatnly be a permanent tall forward now. Cousins should play that HFF role rotating through the midfield and play simialr to Cotchin on the other flank. White and Tambling look to be the HBF unless Raines can be up and running and plays well their.

Deledio has improvment just look at his last 6 weeks. He may get the number 1 tag but Benny being their along with the damaginf Foley it should be spreaded between the 3. Cousins i feel will benefit Deledio if anything taking away that number 1 tag.

Training with the midfield group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you, or anyone going down to the richmond training this morning to see cousins? Wouldnt surprise me if he only did half a session though

On SEN, Cousins is reportedly doing repeat sprints/flash runs for the majority of the session, along with Richo.

Yeh well ive already got another premium (of bartel, gablett, corey, kornes, swan...), i just think that he wont be subject to a tag, will be playing in a rising team, plus he averaged 112 over last 6 rounds:eek:! VERY durable (22, 21, 19, 22) and I see no reason why he cant average 105, just worried that limited gametime/MF time could stunt this growth.

Tuck...not a big secret.

Tuck...not a big secret.

Wouldn't have thought he would have been a big secret, he was very impressive during the latter part of this year. The questions in my mind and i'm sure most peoples is what affect will Cousins, Thomson, Coughlan and even Cotchin (having a proper pre-season) have on Tuck's production? hence what role will he be given?

Not sure we'll be able to answer these questions until a few rounds in the home and away season so he is a bit of risk for mine.

my first shot at a team, reckon im completely off the mark?

Hodge
Chornes
Fisher
Enright
Newman
Petterd
Boumann

Kite
Ash Smith

Ablett
Kornes
Judd
Cousins
Dangerfield
Rich

Foster
Swift

Cox
Macintosh

Vickery
Spencer

Chapman
J. Brown
Lucas
A. Davey
Higgins
Yarran
Ziebell

Ballantyne
Grant

Just trying to get an idea of what types of players i can get. Guaranteed come March i will probably have about 1 or 2 of these players still there haha. Done very little reseach as it stands, that will change over the summer.

any thoughts? cheers.

No i was talking about deledio.....

I meant ive got one premium of ABC/Swan... quality and then im looking at deledio - then i was talking about him.

Oh, my bad :eek:

Why don't you think Deledio is susceptible to tags? If I was an opposition coach (sigh...:rolleyes:) he would be one of the first players I would look to tag.

Oh, my bad :eek:

Why don't you think Deledio is susceptible to tags? If I was an opposition coach (sigh...:rolleyes:) he would be one of the first players I would look to tag.
Because when he gets tagged he just moves into the forward line where he scores just as well as he does in the mid-field. His pace makes him very difficult to take out of the game, particularly on the lead.

Because when he gets tagged he just moves into the forward line where he scores just as well as he does in the mid-field. His pace makes him very difficult to take out of the game, particularly on the lead.

Sorry, used the wrong word there. Didn't mean 'susceptible' - I know he copes with tags quite well for the reasons you mentioned. In Lakey's first post he hinted that he didn't think Deledio would be tagged at all. Was just wondering if this had anything to do with the recruitment of Cousins/ a possible role change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back