FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backs: 80+
Mids: 90+
Rucks: Two of top 3-4 Ruckmen
FWs: 85+

Using this as a guide for what is called a keeper, here are you potential players from last year.

Backs 80+ = 13 players
Mids 90+ = 33 players
Rucks = 4 players
Forwards 85+ = 13 players

So using your logic, you only have 63 players in total that could be called keepers and more than 50% of these are in the midfield.

Hence unless you've loaded your midfield with "keepers" you're seriously going to struggle for keepers.

Now assuming that you believe that the most amount of keepers that you can have in your starting 22 is 12. This means you need to upgrade 10 players.

Now please explain to me your trading strategy?

LTI = ?
Single trade upgrades = ?
Double trade upgrades = ?

The term long term injury changes as the year progresses, so at the start of the year it is almost anyone missing 4+ weeks, closer to the end of the year it could be someone out for 2 weeks.

Just say you leave 8 trades for LTI's. That leaves you with 12 trades to upgrade those 10 players. This would almost require you to have 8 single trades and two double trades to get your required team.

This is a very hard concept, so maybe your use of the term keeper either has to change or you need to find a way to secure more keepers in your initial squad.

Is selecting Bartel in your initial squad needed ? Currently i have him in there along with Cox and Pavlich and C.Cornes all as solid captain options. My question is, is it worth forking out the big bucks for Bartel as his value will / may drop ? Or are you better of going with a player like Stanton or Hayes ect ?

Using this as a guide for what is called a keeper, here are you potential players from last year.

Backs 80+ = 13 players
Mids 90+ = 33 players
Rucks = 4 players
Forwards 85+ = 13 players

So using your logic, you only have 63 players in total that could be called keepers and more than 50% of these are in the midfield.

No No No - completely miss understood me.

These are the averages that you want your FINAL team to have.

So you can pick players who averaged 70 last year as a keeper if you think they will average 90+ for a mid.

Thats why i dont think higgins is a keeper - because its highly unlikely that he would average 85+, also highly unlikely that all of cousins, lucas, hasleby will average enough to be a warranted member of your final team (if aiming for 90+ mids, etc as stated previously) hence i think its a bit much to call ALL these players keepers. Thats why gibbs, boak, lewis, adcock, etc heaps of players can be classed as keepers by a coach if they believe they will average what is required to be a good 6-7th player of their position. I see this unlikely for players like higgins, lucas, hasleby. This doesnt mean they arnt worth having though (i like all three of them) but it means they will require a trade and probably 30-50k to get to where you want them. ALL IMO. Sorry if a bit jumbled too:(.

Maybe the best way to solve this, is to say, i have 8 keepers (players proven - pav, ablett, cox, fisher, chad....) and 6 intended keepers (players like cousins, gibbs, boak).

Is selecting Bartel in your initial squad needed ? Currently i have him in there along with Cox and Pavlich and C.Cornes all as solid captain options. My question is, is it worth forking out the big bucks for Bartel as his value will / may drop ? Or are you better of going with a player like Stanton or Hayes ect ?

With cox, pav and chad also you can probably afford to downgrade to a swan/kane type player (also potential captain) and wait for bartel to drop in value.

They expect Lewis and Hodge to all fitness work for the next three months though. Could it be a blessing in disguise? Lewis could lose some pud if you ask me

No No No - completely miss understood me.

These are the averages that you want your FINAL team to have.

So you can pick players who averaged 70 last year as a keeper if you think they will average 90+ for a mid.

Thats why i dont think higgins is a keeper - because its highly unlikely that he would average 85+, also highly unlikely that all of cousins, lucas, hasleby will average enough to be a warranted member of your final team (if aiming for 90+ mids, etc as stated previously) hence i think its a bit much to call ALL these players keepers. Thats why gibbs, boak, lewis, adcock, etc heaps of players can be classed as keepers by a coach if they believe they will average what is required to be a good 6-7th player of their position. I see this unlikely for players like higgins, lucas, hasleby. This doesnt mean they arnt worth having though (i like all three of them) but it means they will require a trade and probably 30-50k to get to where you want them. ALL IMO. Sorry if a bit jumbled too:(.

Maybe the best way to solve this, is to say, i have 8 keepers (players proven - pav, ablett, cox, fisher, chad....) and 6 intended keepers (players like cousins, gibbs, boak).

16 keepers, thats alot. I can manage 13, thats assuming one of either cousins or hazelby become keepers. I think one of the 2 should, Lets not forget these blokes are star players and just as likley as Boak, gibbs and co to be keepers. And i'll say it once more Lucas if fit is a dead set keeper!! He's been very durable over the years and apart from last year has proven he's a gun!!:thumbsu:

If I can get some feedback off people who have done awesome on this in the past, if they could PM me that would be great. :thumbsu:

Backs:
Heath Shaw
Brian Lake
Scott Stevens
Michael Johnson
Nick Malceski
Adam Hunter
Lachie Hanson
----------------
Phil Davis
Nick Suban

Centres:
Luke Hodge
Daniel Wells
Jed Adcock
Ben Cousins
Paul Hasleby
Shaun Higgins
---------------
Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

Rucks:
Brad Ottens
Matthew Leuenberger
---------------------
Shaun McKernan
Jordan Roughead

Forwards:
Alan Didak
Brendan Fevola
David Hale
Cyril Rioli
Tom Hawkins
Jack Riewoldt
Scott Gumbleton
------------------
Trent Hentschel
Ben McEvoy

KREUzing Along 3rd go for '09

backs

Goddard
Cornes
Newman
Mattner
Raines
Pettard
Grimes

Hurley
Suban

Mids

Bartel
Cornes
Adcock
Hasleby
Ward
Rich

Dangerfield
Sidebottem

Rucks

Cox
Simmonds

Vickory
Currie

Forwards

Palvich
Franklin
Gray
Lucas
Higgins
M.Brown
Ballantyne

Yarran
Grant

Keepers
mid range players that will go up to upgrade
Rookies

I base this on a couple of long shots. few risks taken. Forward line is very weak and be lucky to get 600 out of it each week. But im very happy to land BArtel and K.Cornes to carry my team for the year. (its a safe option). I might change my backline abit so i can fit S.Fisher, A.Makie, C.Enright, L.Hodge and Bowden or somthing like that! I have 140 k in the bank but i plan to have 200 k so thinking of upgrading one of the backs and down grading one to a mid range around 250-300k. this all in its planning stages.

thoughts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoulder surgery for Hawks' Lewis

HAWTHORN midfielder Jordan Lewis has joined premiership teammates Luke Hodge and Trent Croad on the pre-season injury list after damaging a shoulder during training last week.

Lewis had surgery on Friday to repair a labrum tear and will be prevented from taking part in any contact drills for up to three months.
Football manager Mark Evans said the injury was similar to that received by Hodge last month.

"A bit of the labrum was hanging off and they've stitched that back up. He'll go through the same program now as Luke. It'll be two to three months of non-contact and he should be right after that.

"It's one of those injuries where, if someone did it during the season, you'd let it go, but when you've got the time to fix it, you always take the time.

"The good thing is that they can both train fully and (fitness coach) Andrew Russell will be delighted to know he can put some extra running into their legs. By mid-March, they should both be back into full training, which gives them a couple of weeks before the season starts.

"While we don't want a long injury list, it gives us a real opportunity to see some of our kids in the NAB Cup, guys like Beau Dowler and Mitch Thorp and maybe a couple of the draftees. It could work out well for us in the long run."

Croad, who broke a foot in the Hawks' grand final win over Geelong, had the wound re-stitched two weeks ago. He has begun weight-bearing exercises and will slowly increase his workload in the next two months.

----------------

It's not as bad as it seems, he still will be in my team probably.

If I can get some feedback off people who have done awesome on this in the past, if they could PM me that would be great. :thumbsu:

Backs:
Heath Shaw
Xavier Ellis
Andrew McLeod
Garrick Ibbotson
Josh Drummond
Nick Malceski
Lachie Hanson
----------------
Phil Davis
Nick Suban

Centres:
Luke Hodge
Daniel Wells
Jed Adcock
Ben Cousins
Paul Hasleby
Shaun Higgins
---------------
Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

Rucks:
Brad Ottens
Matthew Leuenberger
---------------------
Shaun McKernan
Jordan Roughead

Forwards:
Alan Didak
Brendan Fevola
David Hale
Cyril Rioli
Tom Hawkins
Jack Riewoldt
Scott Gumbleton
------------------
Trent Hentschel
Ben McEvoy

You are in a world of hurt in the backs, you have pretty much gone and selected the 5 most injury prone backs and put them in your team.

If Hodge is a back, put him there.

You must have a lot of dough left over. Any reason?

You are in a world of hurt in the backs, you have pretty much gone and selected the 5 most injury prone backs and put them in your team.

You must have a lot of dough left over. Any reason?
Actually I dont have any money left, I'll just have to fix up my backline.
Cheers.

Fair enough. Needs a bit of work but thats what the next 3 months are for ;)
I've Gone from -

Heath Shaw
Xavier Ellis
Andrew McLeod
Garrick Ibbotson
Nick Malcheski
Josh Drummond
Lachie Hansen

And now have -

Heath Shaw
Brian Lake
Scott Stevens
Michael Johnson
Nick Malceski
Adam Hunter
Lachie Hansen

Big Nasty your team needs a captaincy option apart from Luke Hodge, thats what i can't get past.

A Pav in the forward line or a Chad in the backline might be very worthwhile. You have obviously gone mid-priced team which is a high risk (severely lowers number of genuine keepers/ premiums from the start)/ high reward (Convicts) strategy.

I think there is probably enough value in the rookie mids to downgrade 1 of the mid-rangers and upgrade Wells to another captaincy option (K.Cornes/Thompson/Swan or if you have the dough A,B,C)

Just my suggestion but if you have a Scotty Gumbleton i don't think you should really have a T.Hentschel on the bench. Just too injury prone IMO.

Agree, BN you can probably find a mid around 400k that is more likely to average more than H.Shaw and as long as they are good enough to be your 6th mid by the end of the game (85-90 average probably) then i would move Hodge to the backline.

Big Nasty your team needs a captaincy option apart from Luke Hodge, thats what i can't get past.

A Pav in the forward line or a Chad in the backline might be very worthwhile. You have obviously gone mid-priced team which is a high risk (severely lowers number of genuine keepers/ premiums from the start)/ high reward (Convicts) strategy.

I think there is probably enough value in the rookie mids to downgrade 1 of the mid-rangers and upgrade Wells to another captaincy option (K.Cornes/Thompson/Swan or if you have the dough A,B,C)

Just my suggestion but if you have a Scotty Gumbleton i don't think you should really have a T.Hentschel on the bench. Just too injury prone IMO.

Agree, BN you can probably find a mid around 400k that is more likely to average more than H.Shaw and as long as they are good enough to be your 6th mid by the end of the game (85-90 average probably) then i would move Hodge to the backline.
Thanx mate.

So you reckon I should have a spread of expensive players (guns), and cheap players (rookies) , instead of average players ?

Thanx mate.

So you reckon I should have a spread of expensive players (guns), and cheap players (rookies) , instead of average players ?

The thing about picking players like Hunter, Macleod and Lake is that there is very little room for improvement in their scoring potential; you know what you're gonna get, but there is very little chance any of them will push up into the 'gun' category. The way the game is currently, a lot of people will end up with a team mostly full of gun players by the end, so you could fall behind if those players don't increase in value somehow.

Personally I really liked your original backline the way it was (with the exception of Macleod), but you'll get a lot of different opinions on things here, try to consider the pros and cons of each decision without making them hastily.

The thing about picking players like Hunter, Macleod and Lake is that there is very little room for improvement in their scoring potential; you know what you're gonna get, but there is very little chance any of them will push up into the 'gun' category. The way the game is currently, a lot of people will end up with a team mostly full of gun players by the end, so you could fall behind if those players don't increase in value somehow.

Personally I really liked your original backline the way it was (with the exception of Macleod), but you'll get a lot of different opinions on things here, try to consider the pros and cons of each decision without making them hastily.

The original backline had a huge room for improvement with Ellis - could dominate, but will have no preseason, Drummond - could be the top scoring back, but could play 3 games and Malceski - gun DTer but will his knee/other muscles hold up?

Plenty of room for improvement but super risky...

The first was ultra-risky, the second was ultra-conservative. Personally, I prefer option one. Perhaps there is a happy medium in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back