FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many are involved in the no passengers??

Also who makes the decision to bring a poster into the NP, is it a group decision or can someone say, they are posting really well i think they should be apart of NP?

Also can we get a list of who is involved in the NP??

I also doubt that you bring many posters into it, as their wouldnt be many that would know more or give you something you didnt already know.

When was the lastest poster introduced to NP?

Yeah good points DWD would also be good to find out this info for the EDT'ers to see who is ivolved in that group.

Not sure, but it is continually growing.

Also who makes the decision to bring a poster into the NP, is it a group decision or can someone say, they are posting really well i think they should be apart of NP?

We don't really see it like that. If someone constantly posts and we believe they can contribute to NP, then a panel will discuss it.

Why does it matter who is in NP? I think its better not knowing.

I also doubt that you bring many posters into it, as their wouldnt be many that would know more or give you something you didnt already know.

It isn't about that. We aren't and don't think we are superior to anyone not in NP. It isn't about who knows more, etc. Its a place for good, in depth DT discussion.

As you probably saw during the season, we also bring some of those posts into the actual forum, to assist everyone.

Not too long ago. Relevancy?

My answers in Green.

Not true at all mate. FWIW we haven't had any leagues yet but may next year. We do not select our members based on previous rankings. The members we select are those who contribute the most quality on the main board.

Exactly.

NP was only created mid-yearish. It was started because a lot of posters were getting frustrated at the lack of genuine DT talk, because of some posters continually posting new threads for their team etc.

There is a NP panel, and they have the final word on who gets access etc, to the board. Its worked well so far.

My answers in Green.

Exactly.

NP was only created mid-yearish. It was started because a lot of posters were getting frustrated at the lack of genuine DT talk, because of some posters continually posting new threads for their team etc.

There is a NP panel, and they have the final word on who gets access etc, to the board. Its worked well so far.

Sorry, but DT Talk is taken already www.dreamteamtalk.com ;)

Sante, if i understand correctly your in it than

Not exactly very precise answers you jumped around my questions with each answer, but i ca live with it. Was just trying to help clear it up for Ryder and others not involved.

Sante, if i understand correctly your in it than

Not exactly very precise answers you jumped around my questions with each answer, but i ca live with it. Was just trying to help clear it up for Ryder and others not involved.

How exactly did he jump around your questions? I thought he did a good job and gave clear answers.

We don't really see it like that. If someone constantly posts and we believe they can contribute to NP, then a panel will discuss it.

It isn't about that. We aren't and don't think we are superior to anyone not in NP. It isn't about who knows more, etc. Its a place for good, in depth DT discussion.

As you probably saw during the season, we also bring some of those posts into the actual forum, to assist everyone.

Why do you need to know the first and last ones? I explained the others in the next sentence.

Lets move on, i think we now have nothing else to talk about because we have come on so early and done some hard research early. We can only wait in 4 weeks time for the NAB to start now i guess.

I wish some topic would just come up that revealed some really good discussion and help for 09 DT.

DWD / Ryder, I'll try and explain it as best I can.

EDT is a private forum not related to Big Footy where some of the best and most experienced DTrs post. They have an exceptional DT record including DT overall league wins and this year their 2 leagues ran 7th and 12th whlist they won the Premium DT comp.

No Passengers is a private sub-forum of Big Footy which was established around 6-8 months ago with the aim of supporting the Big Footy DT forum. It enabled experienced and knowledgeable DTrs to post in depth about DT topics of interest and at the same time support Big Footy by staying on the main board and assisting improve the quality. Expectations of NP members include but are not limited to:

1) Regular high quality posting (not being a Passenger)
2) Continuing to post on and support the main board as well as the NP board
3) To provide insight and knowledge through possible strategy but not to provide answers (Do not give people fish, teach them to fish)
4) To keep posts mature and free of emotion

All of these are designed to keep the better posters not only posting on the main DT board but assisting to improve the knowledge and quality of what is posted there. NP came about after the enormous volume of posts last pre-season where quality posts were getting lost in masses of other posts. Only early so far this pre-season but the quality does appear to be up which is one of the goals.

As for your questions, NP is not really a secret society so I'll answer them as best I can:

Members? Also can we get a list of who is involved in the NP?

About 30, possibly reducing to 25-20 during pre-season as we have some "passengers". Prefer not to name them so they don't consistently get PMd.

NP has a panel of 5 who decide recruitment however prior to anyone coming in it is thrown up on a recruitment thread for everyone to comment on. Prefer not to name the panel members but they would be amongst the best posters on this board.

I also doubt that you bring many posters into it, as their wouldnt be many that would know more or give you something you didnt already know?

Pretty much bring them in all the time. Started with about 10 and have brought in 20 or so. Names are consistently thrown up.

2 weeks ago.

By definition a private board is elitest but the guys are making every effort to not come across that way. Anyone posting with arrogance or sarcasm is reminded that all opinions count and to keep things mature and free of emotion. By continuing to support the main board and assist others the aim is to be anything but elitest and to help others who want to improve. If it comes across as elitest rather than supportive then the job is a long way from done.

Lets move on, i think we now have nothing else to talk about because we have come on so early and done some hard research early. We can only wait in 4 weeks time for the NAB to start now i guess.

I wish some topic would just come up that revealed some really good discussion and help for 09 DT.

Indeed, cant believe it is still 4 weeks away :( The first NAB game on the 7th of feb west coast and the pies, the crows are playing in darwin against the indiginous side i think anyone know if that will be televised?

Yeh i agree, discussed most aspects.

I havent been posting much recently as there hasnt been much to say/discuss.

Im still just looking into the starts of premiums (historically) and comparing their history against the teams they face in the first 6-12 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this board operating with more DT talk at the moment or does it only happen when the masses arrive when the preseason/season begin?

Is this board operating with more DT talk at the moment or does it only happen when the masses arrive when the preseason/season begin?
Depends what you're looking for. Once the pre-season starts, the traffic on this board is going to jump exponentially. The majority will still be DT related, but if you are looking for in-depth analysis of anything you will have to search through thousands of posts that probably wont be relevant to what you're looking for.

Depends what you're looking for. Once the pre-season starts, the traffic on this board is going to jump exponentially. The majority will still be DT related, but if you are looking for in-depth analysis of anything you will have to search through thousands of posts that probably wont be relevant to what you're looking for.

That was the original reason for creating NP. Now its evolved into a more of a guide for those new to DT, etc.

I havent been posting much recently as there hasnt been much to say/discuss.

Neither have i, working about 2 hours + a day to try and find the MN, i would be very annoyed if it was just a completely random system they have in place:mad:.

Woops better not let my motions get the better of me or i'll never have a chance of getting in NP;).

RE NP: I think the NP members continual involvement in discussion on the main board proves that they are in no way shape or form elitist and/or status conscious. I don't think anyone could argue that they are more deserving of a spot in NP than the current members, hopefully the quality discussion keeps transfering to the main board:thumbsu:.

Really in a mix with what strategy to use at the moment while using the fanplanner.

Currently I have...

Backs
- 3 in between 390k-430k
- 2 in between 320k-350k
- 4 in between 120k-150k

Centres
- 2 in the 400k region
- 1 in the 350k region
- 1 in the 250k region
- 4 in the 100k region

Rucks
- 2 in between 400k-500k
- 2 rookie priced players

Forwards
- 2 in between 440k-470k
- 1 in the 350k region
- 3 in between 200k-300k
- 3 in between 90k-120k

Problem is I am really getting the feeling that I dont have enough dt starpower. Sure all my players are consistent and players that I expect to be durable throughout the year but apart from really Cox and Pav I dont have any big $ superstars.

Last year I went with the premiums/rookies threory.. which may well be the potentially most potent scoring option yet most risky... whereas this year I think I might try and go with a mix between that thoery and the thoery of mid priced players if possible.

The problem with the premium rookie theory is that 1.) if the rookies dont play then ya stuffed... 2.)if you select the wrong rookies ya stuffed.. 3.)if the rookies dont grow in price you cant upgrade your 6th/7th best players in each position and then ya stuffed... 4.) and if you select the wrong premiums (aka Scotland) then ya stuffed.

However if the stars align and there are rookie priced players who play, score well and hence grow in price significantly, along with strong premium player selection you team is set! And you will have a very strong team by the mid year.

With the mid priced players theory I think it is important to select the players who breakout whilst also selecting very durable players. This theory however I dont think it is possible to have as strong a side as with the premium-rookie theory when the stars align. But in a year like last year when the stars don't align and there is many breakout performers the mid priced player selection will work much more effectively.

So basically I'm just rambling on but what I might try and do is manage to fit in at least one premium in each position then fill it with with mid rangers and rookies as this could if the stars align lead me to be able to upgrade those rookies into premiums whilst my midrange players hopefully breakout yet are still my 6th/7th best players

What I meant was is there lots of discussion on the private board at the moment? As in are you guys only talking in this forum half as much as you are in the private one?

I am well aware of the problem that the dreamteam board becomes during the year. I tend to be around here during the early preseason and then absent completely during the season due to the lack of quality discussion.

I only ask because I would be disappointed if there is a lack of dt talk in this forum at the moment due to the best contributors being occupied with the private board considering it is very early preseason and only really commited dreamteamers will be active in this board at the moment

Interesting Modra. Here's a summary of Convicts and Baxters starting lineups last season with the price their players were in brackets. * denotes discounted. As you can see Convicts started with no rookies on the field whilst Bax started with 3. I've done a quick summary of Convicts team below and included some questions he answered on a different thread about his strategy.

CONVICTS ******************** Bax

McMahon(72) ***************** Shaw(85)
Mattner(59) ******************* Birchall(79)
Gram(74) ********************* Guerra(76)
Ellis(49) ********************** Gram(74)
Shaw(85) ********************* Johncock(69)
Nicoski(48) ******************* Symes(61)
Symes(61) ******************** Taylor(R)

Ibbotson(37*) ****************** Proud(26)
Pfeiffer(R) ******************* Thompson(R)

Salopek(80) ******************* Swan(102)
Stevens(78*) ******************* Cross(93)
Embley(81) ******************* Salopek(80)
Stanton(92) ******************* Stevens(78*)
Cross(93) ******************** Houli(50)
Dyson(46) ******************** Palmer(R)

Morton(R) ******************* Tuck(53)
Bird(R) ********************* Bird(R)

Cox(101) ********************** McIntosh(80)
Simmonds(55) ****************** Simmonds(55)

Kreuzer(R) ******************* Wood(40)
Meesen(20) ******************* West(R)

Brown(94) ******************** Pavlich(102)
Thomas(76) ******************* Johnson(100)
Deledio(77) ******************* Brown(94)
Burton(64) ******************** Deledio(77)
Porplyzia(59) ****************** Hall(68)
Murphy(70) ******************* Didak(66)
Thompson(71*) ***************** Rioli(R)

Rioli(R) ********************* Gamble(R)
Tippet(R) ******************** Tippett(R)

Convicts team strategy summary

1) 3 players he chose had moved club this season

2) 12 players had scored substantially higher in previous years and dropped off in '07

3) Only chose 4 players priced at over 85 ppg

4) Chose 1 defender priced over 80 ppg

5) All mids bar 1 were between 78 and 93 ppg

6) No rookies on the field and every player in their teams best 22

7) Chose 16 players priced between 45 and 80

Here's some questions Brad Fisherman (Convicts) got asked on the "Convicts" thread about his strategy and his replies:-

Comment from Daz:

The most interesting thing is that he didn't start any rookies. Also no Palmer would have been a worry. Mid-rangers can be usefull but unless they turn out to be keepers (M.Murphy, Didak, R.Murphy etc) you end up having to use way too many trades to get your team 'set'. It is good to see a different strategy get the win (probably).

Convicts Reply: I generally dont start first year players, they are there for backup. Too unpredictable and likely to get dropped. Obviously there are exceptions.

Question from 54Dogs:
Convicts, when did you use your first trade and who was it?

Convicts Reply: I try not to trade for as long as I can. Give the guns time to go down and your mid rangers time to go up. First trade was round 4 or so (Embley to Palmer). Turns out Embley did not have Glandular Fever. Oh well I can live with Palmer and $$.

Question from Tippaz:

What made you select so many mid-range players BradFisherMan ? My thinking over the years has been...middle-tier player = trade in waiting (USUALLY)

Convicts Reply : Pick the good mid rangers and keep them. The duds are traded. Only need a few under priced guns at the start of the year, I find. Be patient.

Thanks for that post 54dogs. Very interesting to look at the starting teams like that.

The backline is the most interesting I find. Had the elite* backmen at the start of last year not all fallen apart I highly doubt we would be lookin at the same winners.

Currently my backline is that of (assuming Chad won't be named a back):

Goddard (90)
Enright (86)
Shaw (81)
Hargrave (72)
Malceski (67)
Petterd (*)
M Brown (*)

It is obviously very early and nothing is set in stone (apart from Goddard ;) what a legend)

As you can see this lineup is very much different from Convicts and Baxters, however it may be more similar to 2006/2007 dt winning starting teams.

I think a backline like mine could work as long as all 9 players play! Problem is Grimes/Hurley/Petterd/Brown are no certainties at the moment. The other 5 however are all potentially 85-95 dters per game players. It really depends on the durability and form of those cheaper players as to whether it is safe to use this type of backline.

When I look at Baxters lineup closer now I can see a pretty similar structure as to what I'm looking for.

When I look at Baxters lineup closer now I can see a pretty similar structure as to what I'm looking for.

I think Baxters has a good mix of Guns/Mid priced/Rookies, his style of team suits the way I like to play DT.

In saying that, Convicts team structure has a heap of positives that until recently I would have thought it would require too many trades to get your team into a position to win.

It is almost worth attempting to make both style of teams and see which when you feel more comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back