Fantasy Cricket - Big Bash League 15/16, Bigfooty group code in the OP!

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, but perhaps not as a starter. I have him in my bowling setup for round 1 given he has the double, but looks to be a benchwarmer for me most of the season, just given he'll bat lower down.

Yeah, think i've got him on the field at the moment but still for 30k you can't really go wrong. I wouldn't be too surprised if he got a bat up the order on occasion.

Yeah, think i've got him on the field at the moment but still for 30k you can't really go wrong. I wouldn't be too surprised if he got a bat up the order on occasion.
Possibly, but would have to contend with Wright, Pietersen, Hussey, Maxwell, Faulkner and Handscomb for a gig up the order. Stars have a strong lineup.

My team so far is:

Batsmen: Kallis[BWL], Henriques[BWL], Klinger, Watson[BWL], Finch (Turner[BWL], Beadle[BWL)

Wicket-Keeper: Dunk (Hartley)

Bowlers: Hastings[BAT], Rashid, Maxwell[BAT], Bird, Wright[BAT], (Muirhead, Floros[BAT])

Remaining cap: $4800
Need help deciding Captain and Vice-Captain.

Thoughts??

Not bad . I would personally look past Hastings. If I was you I would trade Hastings for Kallis and then get Sangka or Gayle if you wish for Kallis as a batsman.

Not bad . I would personally look past Hastings. If I was you I would trade Hastings for Kallis and then get Sangka or Gayle if you wish for Kallis as a batsman.
I have Sanga and Gayle both right now, in the team mentioned I would trade Hastings and Henriques (injured) for players like them or the likes of Russell, Bravo, Pietersen, or Faulkner.

To Watto or not to Watto? I'll probably go with Watto or Kallis, but not sure who's more likely to bowl.
Also, any interest in Holland? Bowled really well in the Matador Cup and is only 42k. His selection may depend on whether they think Rashid can bat at 7 though.
Edit: maybe not, Rashid's limited overs batting record is terrible.
I doubt White would open given Gayle is in the side, and had a shocking season with the Stars last year. Gayle will also pitch in with his offies (no idea why he isn't an all-rounder) and if playing the whole season, could turn it on massively. Fits in with my team structure, have him and Finch both starting ATM.
It's a risk, but it could really pay off if he pulls out a big score early on. A bit expensive for me given how inconsistent he's been in recent years.
I'm not sure what to do with Stars players. Pietersen could be a good buy, but is he worth it over Wright/Maxwell? Stoinis is a must have at that price though. Their draw is also potentially problematic- 3 double game weeks and 3 byes. Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Well at the moment my current team is looking like this-

Bats- Kallis, Hastings, Bravo, Sangakarra, Gayle, (Bancroft, Ross)

Keepers- Haddin, (Whiteman)

Bowlers- Russel, Watson, Abbot, Wright, Stoinis, (Beadle, Paris)

With the captain being Kallis and the vice being Sangakarra.

Alright my new team is(put them all in their team colour):
Edited:
Out:
Bowler: Faulkner[BAT]

In:
Bowler: Cutting[BAT]
Batsmen: Gayle

Batsmen: Gayle, Klinger, Watson[BWL], Maxwell[BWL], Finch, (Turner[BWL], Stoinis[BWL])

Wicket-Keeper: Dunk, (Hartley)

Bowlers: Kallis[BAT], Bravo[BAT], Rashid, Cutting[BAT], Wright[BAT], (Muirhead, Beadle[BAT])

Remaining cash: $19,000
I chose Gayle as he is more of an aggressive batter than Sangakkara.
Is having Hartley over Whiteman a good choice. They will play consistent games won't they?

Last edited:
Alright my new team is(put them all in their team colour):

Batsmen: Gayle/Sangakkara, Klinger, Watson[BWL], Maxwell[BWL], Finch, (Turner[BWL], Stoinis[BWL])

Wicket-Keeper: Dunk, (Hartley)

Bowlers: Kallis[BAT], Bravo[BAT], Rashid, Faulkner[BAT], Wright[BAT], (Muirhead, Beadle[BAT])

Remaining cash: $96,500(keeping in mind that I have one more player to choose).
So I am split between Gayle and Sangakkara. Both same price but I don't know which one to choose.

So what do you think of the team and who should I go with? Gayle or Sangakkara?
Good squad, but I think you might be overdoing it with Thunder and Stars players given they have the bye next round.

My squad, for the moment, is looking like:

BAT: Sangakkara, Gayle, Maddinson, Finch, D Hussey (Klinger, O'Keefe [BAT])

WK: Dunk (Whiteman)

BOWL: Kallis [BAT] [C], Watson [BAT] [VC], Cutting [BAT], Abbott [BAT], Stoinis [BWL] (Paris, Fekete)

SALARY: $83,400

Left a fair bit of money in the bank to be able to make good trades for byes, but feel I have a nicely balanced squad going. Tried to use a fair few Sixers players given they have 6 games in their first 4 rounds, and all of them (Maddinson, Abbott, O'Keefe) can get some decent scores, especially Maddo. I've looked for a lot of value and guys like D Hussey, Finch, Watson, Dunk, Cutting and Stoinis all have the potential to rocket up in price. Not quite sure about Paris, just because of his playing prospects, but he should get a go most games.

Last edited:
I've gone -
BAT - Kallis, Gayle, Klinger, Lynn, Bailey (Finch, Stoinis)
WK - Dunk (Whiteman)
BOWL - Faulkner, Botha, Maxwell, Cutting, Bird (Fekete, Paris)

Not too sure abouty Botha and Faukner, but I think that's a pretty solid line up IF Paris and Fekete are regularly playing for bowlinng depth. Kallis picks himself as captain.

I've gone -
BAT - Kallis, Gayle, Klinger, Lynn, Bailey (Finch, Stoinis)
WK - Dunk (Whiteman)
BOWL - Faulkner, Botha, Maxwell, Cutting, Bird (Fekete, Paris)

Not too sure abouty Botha and Faukner, but I think that's a pretty solid line up IF Paris and Fekete are regularly playing for bowlinng depth. Kallis picks himself as captain.
I'm not sure about Faulkner either. Star have a pretty good batting line up so i'm not sure if he will get a bat every game. might be 7th in or something like that.
I'm trying to work out where Botha will bat and i'm thinking it will be at 6 or 7. I've considered both but I wasn't quite happy commit to them. Sixers have 6 games in the first 4 rounds so having Botha could be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bravo or another similarly priced allrounder/bowler?
Steketee or Fekete?
Bird or Abbott?

My current team is attached. Quite happy how it is at the moment. Any tips or ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 11.26.49 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 11.26.49 pm.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
To be honest I kind of forgot about Haddin, i'm so used to him not being available for much of the tournament and the fact that he is retired from international cricket now. I picked Dunk almost automatically but will consider changing.
I'm just concerned Haddin might not open with Lumb and Maddo still in the squad. On the flip side, Dunk will definitely open and may well wicketkeep too. For this, I'm going Dunk but Haddin good be a nice acquisition.

I've seen some people advising others against, Hastings and Faulkner and these types of players. I don't agree, these players will have a double game round 1, it's a no brainer, as long as you can trade them out. My strategy is to have 9-11 out of my 11 playing players to be from stars, thunder or Sixers (more Sixers players because no bye the following week) it really doesn't matter who you're tossing up between if you've got a player playing an extra game, you have to choose them. I'm just making sure I have a good bench that will play next week, I think it's important to consider next week when making your staring team.

Bravo or another similarly priced allrounder/bowler?
Steketee or Fekete?
Bird or Abbott?

My current team is attached. Quite happy how it is at the moment. Any tips or ideas?

Your team is pretty good mate, I suspect stoinis will open, if this occurs your going to want to play him over finch just because he'll have 2 games, personally I'd ditch okeefe, not sure he'll play the first game with Lyon being available, I think you need to get Luke wright who is only about 49k which is a crazy price for a guy who will open and play 2 games!

Don't agree, Hastings has 2 games round 1, no brainer as long as you can trade him out, maybe trade him to sanga next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Cricket - Big Bash League 15/16, Bigfooty group code in the OP!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back