Fantasy Hockey 2010-11

Remove this Banner Ad

They had the options for 2 divisions last season as well. I had noticed it, but the season was underway by that stage and thought there was no point mentioning it at the time.

I have signed up again.

Are we not doing a live online draft this year?
What TBT said, VC will set it for when we decide. I'm hoping for a weekend if possible, in the arvo as There is no way I can do a stay up and draft time. God I hate working!

OK, so I've renewed the BFFHL for the year and invites with a password will have been sent to the emails of the Top 10 teams from last year. The Mighty Pucks (Cassius Clay) and Maddog have been relegated and can join Div 2 if they wish.

I'm just about to PM Two Blue Tiger and JC with the details for joining the league, given that they're the two promoted from Div 2. If for whatever reason anyone else doesn't want to join the spot will be offered to scottyjc because of his third placed finish in Div 2 and he's already expressed interest for this year.

Just looking through the options and I can actually create a second division, which I think would be pretty cool. Last year we ran two leagues independent of each other, but I could actually have a second division of BFFHL with a separate draft. That way we could better manage promotion/relegation in the future and all of the settings could be the same for the two divisions. What are everyone's thoughts on that?
Shall I PM you my yahoo email for an invite to Div 2?

Registered for the normal league, like that's a surprise.

As for the keeper league however, already dabbled in a few over the years, happy to go in another providing the core players are all serious, nothing worse than a keeper league with only half the particpants playing properly.

As for the keeper league however, already dabbled in a few over the years, happy to go in another providing the core players are all serious, nothing worse than a keeper league with only half the particpants playing properly.

Agreed. Also why if we are going to start one we should not overreach and make the league too big or complicated.

I might start a new thread and see what the interest level is

I'm just about to PM Two Blue Tiger and JC with the details for joining the league, given that they're the two promoted from Div 2. If for whatever reason anyone else doesn't want to join the spot will be offered to scottyjc because of his third placed finish in Div 2 and he's already expressed interest for this year.

Just let me know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, been very busy so haven't been on these boards for a long while. Got the invite and happy to say I'll be back for this season's fantasy league!

I would have loved to have been involved, but obviously I am a bad identifier of 'talent'...

:rolleyes:

I'll set up Div 2 later tonight. It looks like we have a full book for Div 1 already (the Top 10 from last year and two promoted from Div 2). 11 have signed up and the missing team appears to be The 87's (Crosby87 posted his interest though).

I'll post the league code and password for anyone who wants to join Div 2 in this thread once I've set it up.

I'm ready to go, just point me in the right direction.

Is it a Yahoo league?
Yeah, it's Yahoo.

It looks like the division set up in Yahoo doesn't reflect what we want to do. We're going for a tiered system, but all I can do is set up two divisions that will meet each other in playoffs. We'd probably be best off setting up a separate league that can be Div 2, but it should have the same settings as Div 1 IMO.

Do we have Div 2 set up yet?

I still have Div 2 in my Yahoo Fantasy profile waiting for the commish to re-activate it.

Now I believe that our commish is headed for Div 1, so I guess it cannot be reactivated by him.

I am quite happy to start it up and act as commissioner.

If everyone is happy with this, I will get someone from Div 1 to P/M the cats and setup they use, then let everyone know.

I've sent a PM to scottyjc with the settings.

As for Div 1 we need some discussion regarding draft date. I can't really do the next couple of Saturday afternoons and evenings due to work. The Saturday after that is AFL Grand Final, which we should try to avoid IMO.

I wouldn't mind the weekend after the AFL Grand Final (Oct 2 or 3).

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Hockey 2010-11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back