Fantasy Hockey 2010-11

Remove this Banner Ad

I should be free that weekend, its a public holiday for most of us I assume. (October), although I may be getting drunk a few times, who knows. Afternoons on the weekends are best for me and from memory we cant do around this time at night because it doesnt let you? And late times are ridiculous for me as I'm leaving for work at 7am CST

The first weekend in October should be pretty good for me. Prefer the Saturday arvo over the Sunday, simply because I plan on being hung on Sunday. Although, it would be a day well spent.

Draft Sunday evening Oct 3 is good for me too. From memory from last year's Div 2 draft we did it around the same date and I think the earliest time that you could set draft to start was 10.00pm our time.....assuming this would still be the case this year.

Good to do as close to season start as possible, so as we can all be aware of any late injuries, trades etc.

I've set it to Sunday October 3 at 2:00pm EST.

FWIW, the times available range from 11pm, all through the middle of the night up until 2:45pm the next day. That means there is no draft time from 3pm until 10:45pm on the Yahoo system, so an evening draft is out of the equation. Personally, I'm not a big fan of an 11pm draft, even if it is a weekend. Would be happy to hear from others though.

Just to get up to speed so I can do a bit of player research.

What categories are used, how many players per squad and what format (roto etc) is used?
Week-long head-to-head.

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Faceoffs Won (FW)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday afternoons I cannot do.

I suppose if everyone else can though I'll take a chance on however autopick works.

Ive done a few mock drafts with autopick and generally it goes ok. You only get problems with Goalies and it picks some real duds in the last 2-3 rds, but a pre-ranking could fix that

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Hockey 2010-11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back