Opinion "Far-West Footy" - GremioPower's blog

Remove this Banner Ad

I've loved this club since the 1980's and never seen or heard this sh1t happen before with the administration, football department and leadership group.

We always poked fun at our rivals for being rables, how sad that we have become one of them due to sheer arrogance of mentally weak people In our club.

ALL THAT MATTERS

I was having a conversation earlier today with a neighbour ( a South supporter in his early 50's ) how easy it had been for me to be a Port supporter when I was a kid and a teenager.

I was in attendance at the 1953 loss to West Torrens but only have a very vague memory of walking out of the ground after the game

I then attended the 6 flags in a row from 1954 - 1959 (hence my user name)

I saw 2 more flags in 1962 and 63, which made it 8 premierships in 12 seasons

the loss to South in 1964 was then followed by another flag in 1965, which made it 9 in 14 seasons so normal transmission had resumed

the period from 1966 - to the 1977 flag was hard yakka with gf losses to Sturt in 1966, 67, and 68, followed by consecutive losses to North in 1971 and 72, and I was searching for the razor blades (lol)

as an adult the 1977 is still my fav amongst many, but we were so spoilt for choice it's probably not too dis-similar to trying to pick a favourite Beatle's song.

2023.04.15 (Explaining)
EXPLAINING

With due respect, the AFL was close to asking for their keys back before he sat in the drivers seat. He will always have a prominent place in our history.

As for premierships, they are hard to win as any footballer will attest to.

Simmo, in 2017, I wouldn’t have many issues with your post. Today, issues are all I have.

2013-14 were great. He started well. I’ve never said otherwise. After that, we went backwards.

The problem with Kenny is precisely the problem of your post. Who ever have said premierships are easy?

Please. Tell me ONE PERSON. No one could so far. Maybe you can.

This argument is beyond ridiculous. It’s such an straw man that it isn’t even funny. It’s just sad.

We CAN lose, for Christ’s sake! Nobody denies that. The CREED is CLEAR about it. We must OWN our losses. It’s different.

Our motto, “We exist to win premierships”, it sets a goal. That’s what we strive for. If it were easy, it wouldn’t be worth.

The motto means that everything we do is for the sake of premierships; that we cannot be satisfied with less. If “We are Port Adelaide”, as our slogan states, that’s how we must be.

When we begin with excuses, we are no longer here to win. We are not Port Adelaide anymore. We become something else. We turn into “no hopers”, and “any club worth its salt gets rid of its no-hopers”.

Can you see the problem now?

2023.04.17 (Thanks. Bye.)
"CONGRATS. THANKS. BYE."

Hinkley.PNG

Last edited:
We CAN lose, for Christ’s sake! Nobody denies that. The CREED is CLEAR about it. We must OWN our losses. It’s different.

Our motto, “We exist to win premierships”, it sets a goal. That’s what we strive for. If it were easy, it wouldn’t be worth.

The motto means that everything we do is for the sake of premierships; that we cannot be satisfied with less. If “We are Port Adelaide”, as our slogan states, that’s how we must be.
Yup. Much like John F Kennedy's famous Moon speech... We choose goals "not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win". When you start making compromises you're cooked. When you're no longer moving forward, when you're no longer organizing and measuring the best of your energies and skill, but going backwards, you're cooked. This is the Creed.

I suspect a South American gaucho president may have a different view on `eliminating' any opposition to their control of the board, so I would like to see what you have in mind for the future of the club (sans Koch) before casting my vote. ;)

We are a very peaceful civilized people!

DCE19BB8-D37C-4179-8FED-4388212C9C09.jpeg
7F1EB58B-3E35-4039-8D37-5FD87E1A0965.jpeg

More on the civil war popularly known as the “Beheading Revolt”, here:

An expression from that time has survived: “one doesn’t waste gunpowder on a ximango.

It’s actually quite fitting. It means ”this is a matter that must be solved without our most devoted attention.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes I get the urge to go back on twitter... So many idiots to have fun with.
She went on; asked why it seems I have only the last.

The algorithm seems to want annoying you😅

Not sure we need the South American version of `end the current regime' just yet, but if it does come to that my people will be in touch with your people! :cool:
I Love You Reaction GIF by Maraboli Media

2023.06.21 (Footy Podcast)
CHATTING FOOTY

That’s me talking about footy and other stuff with a footy-lover American, OhioCatsfan , in his podcast:

Last edited:
CHATTING FOOTY

That’s me talking about footy and other stuff with a footy-lover American in his podcast:

Fos Williams - the Abraham Lincoln of Port Adelaide. Love it! Wonder if Rucci will pinch that line.

Stop changing the rules. Trial them at lower grades if you have to. I agree 100%.

Everything should revolve around 6. I like it! 6 on the bench, 18 rotations a quarter.

That was very entertaining GP, but one of those blokes hardly ever came up for air and I reckon it may have been the latino. ;)
I’ve said I could talk for hours…

Seriously, though, I’ve stuttered too much. I’m not a stutter. I need to practice. My head is always in a hurry. My mouth can’t keep up with it.

Fos Williams - the Abraham Lincoln of Port Adelaide. Love it! Wonder if Rucci will pinch that line.

Stop changing the rules. Trial them at lower grades if you have to. I agree 100%.

Everything should revolve around 6. I like it! 6 on the bench, 18 rotations a quarter.

Another simple tweak I would make is forbidding quarters to finish before the 25’ mark. There aren’t that many short quarters anyway, so it wouldn’t change much.

It’s not supposed to change much. The goal is to pay homage to how the game time historically was, while making sense of the game clock in the stadia.

I think the purists would enjoy it.

2023.06.23 (Bonus Points)
BONUS POINTS

With 4 points per win, the AFL tournament is ripe for some kind of Bonus Point. This is my suggestion:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion "Far-West Footy" - GremioPower's blog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back