Farewell from me

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to post this but i need to take a time out from BIGFOOTY as it is causing me more grief than pleasure recently

Nodoby in particulars fault. except mine

I am not a strong person. I face darkness every day.

So enjoy your time FreoFans. Hope we get to see that SHIP Sail in one day.

But until i can get myself sorted in my own head .

I wont be here .

Bless you all.

Sorry to post this but i need to take a time out from BIGFOOTY as it is causing me more grief than pleasure recently

I wont be here .

Bless you all.
Dear Cuz,
You are missed already! Sorry to hear that it's not working out for you. The fact that you're posting this shows you have a connection of some significance to the community here. Can you just block/ignore the peeps/things that are pissin* you off? Us Freo tragics need to stick together :D. The Purple Reign is about to fall - don't leave the party now!

Sad to hear.

Always important to remember to never take social media/forums so seriously and to ensure that you regulate your time spent on such.

Ultimately, life and mental health are more important than the opinion and words of strangers on the internet.
sadly i dont have a real life .

i just work and then go online.

No friends . seriously none.

No family.

So online was all i had. But as many say . you have to be tough to survive on line . I am not .

No family.

So online was all i had. But as many say . you have to be tough to survive on line . I am not .
no, you just have to enjoy the ones you enjoy interacting with

No family.

Jesus Raz
This board is shit. It's populated by several prolific campaigners with too much time on their hands that are as dumb as a box of rocks, and as soon as you point out how ****ing dumb they are they go squealing to their mod enablers to protect them. That's how it rolls.
Do not under any circumstances worry if any of them are giving you a hard time. You are bigger than them. If that is the only source of your depression, get off here. If there are other things going on, please look after number one, swallow your pride and look here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...4636-lifeline-131114-resources-in-op.1120242/

Last edited:

No family.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Take the time you need.

Hope to see you back here if you feel up to it

I wont be here .

Bless you all.
Hey mate, I’m so sorry to read this in the one place you should be able to enjoy a common love of something.

It is an interesting place & I was like you but actually cancelled my original profile as I couldn’t stand the negativity against our club from our own supporters. That was just me & I don’t expect anyone to think like that but I just got sick of the negativity.

I would come in here from time to time & eventually realised the issue was me & not others because I didn’t respect others opinions & the fact that their opinions were coming from a different place to mine. It doesn’t stop me from disagreeing, I just try not to be disrespectful.

Everybody’s situation at home is different & I come here to get away from life to talk about my passion & share any experiences I’ve had & am still having in this great game. The knowledge in here from our supporters is amazing & it’s great reading it whether I agree or not.

I’m definitely not asking you to think like that, just posting my experience.

I hope you’re going ok & just looking & reading the pages of the link above from The Feeder Club it would be a great place to post your thoughts etc without being judged at all.

Good luck & if you ever need anything, reach out.

Hi friend,

Sorry to read that you are having a rough time.

I’ve always enjoyed and valued your contributions.

Sometimes we get consumed by our thoughts and taken to places we’d rather not be. You’ll be on the other side of this soon and things will be better again. All things pass.

Please be in contact if you’d like to chat Freo or life in general. We’re all on the same type of journey.

In the words of Brian Wilson:
“Love and mercy that's what you need tonight
So, love and mercy to you and your friends tonight”

I wont be here .

Bless you all.

Sorry to hear that - I hope you are back to celebrate one day soon.

Your bio says you are overseas - something that helped my brother overseas was finding somewhere to volunteer, so he was around people and expected etc. Otherwise as others have mentioned please take a read of that thread.

Hope to see you back one day, if it is the right thing for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Mate,

You are strong as ****.
You have made it this far.
You are working.
I used to hate being sensitive, I've learned as I have grown older not to take as many things personally.
Hope you are back on here when you feel ready.
It's going to be a big couple of years for the purple community and we need you onboard.

Keyboard warriors aside.
It's nice to feel a bit of connection on here.. ❤️

I wont be here .

Bless you all.

I wont be here .

Bless you all.
If you want to dm I would love to have a chat.

Jesus Raz
This board is shit. It's populated by several prolific campaigners with too much time on their hands that are as dumb as a box of rocks, and as soon as you point out how ****ing dumb they are
Do not under any circumstances worry if any of them are giving you a hard time. You are bigger than them. If that is the only source of your depression, get off here. If there are other things going on, please look after number one, swallow your pride and look here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...4636-lifeline-131114-resources-in-op.1120242/
Thanks for link

We are all here for the same reason and that is the love of the enigma that is the Freo Dockers.

We have all done the hard yards supporting this team and we are now about to embark on a period of sustained success.

Hopefully you stay around to interact and enjoy it with us, but if you need to take a break, you are always welcome back.

Generally most of the posters on here are very respectful even when disagreeing with each other and it is a good online community, but if there are people who grind your gears put them on ignore.

On a personal note please take some time for yourself and take some pleasure in the small things in life.

All the best to you mate.

I wont be here .

Bless you all.
I've been in similar boats many times...I will say, you do what you have to do. If it's so serious, please seek and get help. I sometimes wonder if I'm bi-polar the amount of weird ups & downs I experience; inexplicable highs and then horrible lows, and no I'm not embellishing - I've had suicidal thoughts in my younger years when things were 'really rough'.....then all of a sudden I would feel elucidation and as though I'm walking on air, it's very strange. As I've aged, I've still had the 'dark times' too, but I've been able to conjure an odd concoction of experience, half-assed wisdom, a daft wise-cracking persona and rudimentary understanding that I can work through it and "get better" - and put my skills through the ringer called life! I 'self medicate' (because I don't want to go to doctors and medical people..) through music (of which I make on my computer and it has helped me A LOT!) and other recreational enjoyments non-drugs or alcohol. Like you I have little friends here, and no family out here (ex-pat Brit). I've had MAJOR problems with my mother-in-law (not trivial ones..), who unfortunately is now deceased and sadly I've had problems with my family back in England which means I no longer have contact with a few of them. And it's tough, because it's not my choosing and it hurts, sometimes. I have to traverse these plains mostly alone and they are times when it's very, very difficult. But I'm determined to live my life, enjoy it...and not be 'hampered' by those who think it is their right to hold me back or interfere. It is not, and the same applies to everyone else, yourself included.

I know first hand it can be tough; whatever has happened I urge you to stick around. There's always arseholes and Negative Nellies - they're in all corners of the Internet lurking and loitering, not just here and they're not going to go away in a hurry as they feed off hurting others as a means of justifying their own paltry existence at the worst case scenario level. But really, to you and I - they're just phantoms, shadows in the night that can only do harm if we perceive it that way...many of them you'll never ever see in day to day life; I'd argue most folk here enjoy the banter and the footy-geekism stuff on a similar level. Just have to pick and choose who you're best suited to mixing it with I guess......I've got 1 individual I just can't stand on ignore, I believe in freedom of speech and even those who I don't like - of which they are a few, not many.. - I'd rather allow them their say then to exercise false censorship or block them out - unless it got too personal and unnecessary, FORTUANTELY I've yet to experience it that bad. I have no qualms with people disagreeing with me, especially on a footy level - I'm sure like anyone else I get it wrong on some fronts and I have no problems admitting it when I do. I always try to be respectful and understanding if I can from the outset. Everyone's got their own thing going on in life. I just learnt to have broader shoulders and be disaffected by whatever claptrap they wield when it's obvious they're trolling or are just asinine in nature anyway.

If you need to offload or want to privately chat, I'm only a message away. I am fortunate to be home a lot rather than working...a lot! :D

Again - stick with us! Things are getting juicy for the club, they're about to get a bit serious me thinks and are not far away now. This club is "trending in the right direction", and I'm not joking or being fanciful when I say this scares people. It is especially worrying to the mob up the road, their 'we have 4 flags, you got nuttin'....' ripostes are running out of validation tickets. If it's not this year, it's definitely building beyond....the 'decade of dominance' as poshman loves to fly-poster!! Hehehe.

I can't see this team not winning a flag in the ensuing years, so if for whatever reason you can't stomach interacting here because you've been 'stung' by some nasty wasp; at least keep tabs....the moment the 'ship' docks, this part of town will go off. And it will be as amazing as you ever dreamed of. There's going to be no sweeter feeling than Freo winning its first Flag, BELIEVE!!!! And a wee bit hilarious too!!! STAY THE COURSE...or remember Field Of Dreams...'go the distance".

We're getting real close now. Let's experience this upcoming magic together :D

You’ll be missed Raz - but well done on identifying something that was having a negative effect on your wellbeing and deciding to step away, even if it’s temporary. That takes incredible self awareness - and looking after yourself is number one.

It’s hard not to let negativity affect you, and the internet can be a trying place at the best of times, but you’re truly not alone, and really valued as a part of the weird and wonderful freo community around here

I've found it healthy to step away from the forums from time to time. In my experience, the game day threads and the forums generally after a loss are the worst. They can become a toxic echo chamber at a time where I'm seeking solace amongst friends in sitting in the pain of experiencing our team lose. People all deal with it differently though, and some prefer anger and blame. I like to read the game day threads after a loss to understand which posters are worth my time and energy listening to. Just need to learn to tune it out and look for the good stuff in here, and there is a lot of good stuff in here

There is always room in this community for you, and connecting over your love of the dockers. Stay well whatever you choose to do, and like others have said - the door is always open if you want to chat

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Farewell from me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back