Farmer the most hated player in AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just a question.. Is Farmer the most hated player in the leauge?

Been talking to some mates and the common theme seems to be our united hate for Jeffery Farmer. No matter what club we support the hate for him runs strong and true.

Always a talking point in our AFL discussions.

g_TRAIN said:

Been talking to some mates and the common theme seems to be our united hate for Jeffery Farmer. No matter what club we support the hate for him runs strong and true.

Hate is such a destructive emotion.

Yep, I think so, partially because at times he can cause some damage to your side when playing against him, partially because of his antics, carrying on appealing for frees every time he goes near the ball (has toned this down a heap this year). Comes across on the footy field as a richard head.

I find him to be one of the funniest players to watch in the AFL.

His brain explosions lead to some of the most hillarious acts I have seen on the footy field.

Was a very good player at Melbourne but since coming back to Perth hasn't found the consistancy. The distance between his best and worst is huge and unfortunately these days we see more of the latter.

Not my most hated, but definately not a fan.

g_TRAIN said:

No, I can't hate someone who inspires a bit of passion out of the opposition players and supporters, the game needs them more than ever.
Players like Hay, blessed with enormous talent and throwing it away for no apparent reason is something I hate a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne would be in the top few if I didn't support the saints I agree i would probably hate him.

But farmer has the special quality that only ****ers and freo players have.

He just seems to be one of those blokes with seemingly endless pools of talent who wastes it all because he knows he has a seemingly endless pool of talent and thinks that things will just fall his way - which they don't. That, and he seems to be far too easily distracted and spends most of his time worrying about taunting crowds or fighting his opponents.

On the other hand though, he is doing a damn good job playing for the Dockers, while at the same time captaining the Germans in the World Cup.

MichaelBallackNT_.jpg

Still like Jeff even though he left us and would have liked to get him back a couple of years ago, he was a much better player with us because his heart was in it.

Retrospective - Matera (any variety) and Langdon
Current - Milne, GA Jnr, Didak & Chapman (smart arse)

It is the curse of the small forward. They are generally the most hated player by opposition supporters, and usually the first to be criticized after a poor team performance by their own supporters.

I’ve noticed that the crumbing small forwards get more stick than a marking small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farmer the most hated player in AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back