Farren Ray on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

simmo_b

Rookie
Oct 5, 2004
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Apparently Farren Ray was on the run home last night (I missed it), did anyone hear what he had to say?

ben.carbonaro said:
I don't think they were abel to fit him in or get in contact with him, pretty sure they had to move it forward to this afternoon same with English cricketer Ian Thorpe.

Did they have time for Graham Thorpe:D

ben.carbonaro said:
Nah, they didn't.

Be listening this afternoon to hear Graham speak about the upcoming Ashes series being played in the Old Dart.

Will he be telling us WHY HE can't play against the Aussies in the up coming series? He is a soft terd......Get him off our air waves I say....

He sleeps with the light on!!

ben.carbonaro said:
Well, if you feel that strongly about someone being on SEN send an e-mail or letter to the programming manager for Run Home producer don't make us endure your twaddle.

um its a message board, usually you type what you are thinking or feeling about a particular topic.

Plus he is right!

Twaddle!! Never heard that one before, I like it!! :D

ben.carbonaro said:
Well, if you feel that strongly about someone being on SEN send an e-mail or letter to the programming manager for Run Home producer don't make us endure your twaddle.

Ben likes Graham
Ben likes Graham
Ben likes Graham

Twoddle!!!!! no Twaddle!!

ben.carbonaro said:
Graham who ?

Now you are proving your worth at the Salt and Pepper factory......

Graham "I am too soft to face the Aussies" Thorpe. You referred to him in an earlier post on this thread then suggested I write to the radio station instead of forcing you to endure my Twaddle! Remember which Graham now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, I do.

I think he will be upbeat about the series and not negative, but everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

So he should be up beat and positive. I am not negative about the series, I was just questioning the man being interviewed. Hardly a shining eg of what is required to take on the best team in the world. Remember the POMs have not got any where near us for 16 years.......

They need a tougher resolve than what GT has to offer. One series he didn't play because of a chocked thigh......Steve Waugh used to play with broken bones and torn hamstrings......

That was my point. Get Vaughan on, at least we have some respect for him and his approach to the game. Thorpe is a soft C$$#^

Thought this thread was about Farren Ray?

Can someone tell me what im missing when it comes to Farren Ray. What i have seen so far from the young kid can only be described as exciting and very creative. He is a very good player already and soon to be a little gem, who seems to be out of favour with our coach and now dropped AGAIN :eek: If he is picked in the team he doesn't get more than 10 minutes playing time. I cant fathom why he is not a regular player in our squad, when pllayers like boyd and Mcmahon are picked week in week out ( meaning no disrespect). My point he is going to be better than both those players combined, why not run him in like we did with the coon last year. This cant be good for his confidence... Nor is it good for mine. Thoughts

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
So he should be up beat and positive. I am not negative about the series, I was just questioning the man being interviewed. Hardly a shining eg of what is required to take on the best team in the world. Remember the POMs have not got any where near us for 16 years.......

They need a tougher resolve than what GT has to offer. One series he didn't play because of a chocked thigh......Steve Waugh used to play with broken bones and torn hamstrings......

That was my point. Get Vaughan on, at least we have some respect for him and his approach to the game. Thorpe is a soft C$$#^

I think Huddo said they would be having Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick on, as well as Giles in the next few weeks.

ben.carbonaro said:
I think Huddo said they would be having Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick on, as well as Giles in the next few weeks.

Both these guys have a dip and get in behind the ball.....happy to hear what they have to say.

ben.carbonaro said:
He's not that bad.
He can play, but he cannot take a trick against Dizzy. Is very suspect just outside off angling away from him. Always seems to feed the slips when he plays against the Aussies.

dogupya said:
Thought this thread was about Farren Ray?

Can someone tell me what im missing when it comes to Farren Ray. What i have seen so far from the young kid can only be described as exciting and very creative. He is a very good player already and soon to be a little gem, who seems to be out of favour with our coach and now dropped AGAIN :eek: If he is picked in the team he doesn't get more than 10 minutes playing time. I cant fathom why he is not a regular player in our squad, when pllayers like boyd and Mcmahon are picked week in week out ( meaning no disrespect). My point he is going to be better than both those players combined, why not run him in like we did with the coon last year. This cant be good for his confidence... Nor is it good for mine. Thoughts

He's not out of favour, but after only playing 20 mins in Brisbane obviously the coaching staff think he would be better off with a full game at Werribee.

because both Boyd and Mcmahon are playing better than him. Ray hasnt really gotten many opportunites but he also hasnt really demanded them with brilliant play.

Not sure how you can say he is out of favour with the coach, let him find his feet in Werribee for a while, get him in when his confidence is high.

Maybe im looking at through rose coloured glasses. But i believe he is a classy little player where it would do him far better justice to play him in the one's. From what i saw he was flying pre season, getting plenty of the ball and scoring goals, i am just a bit confused as to why he is not been given the oppurtunity to build on that. We are bringing in 2 new guys on the weekend at Faren's expense, granted i am so excited about the two new inclusions!! I guess i am a big wrap for the kid and want to see him go well and be given his fair share, given that others are having their fair share.

Cheers

dogupya said:
Maybe im looking at through rose coloured glasses. But i believe he is a classy little player where it would do him far better justice to play him in the one's. From what i saw he was flying pre season, getting plenty of the ball and scoring goals, i am just a bit confused as to why he is not been given the oppurtunity to build on that. We are bringing in 2 new guys on the weekend at Faren's expense, granted i am so excited about the two new inclusions!! I guess i am a big wrap for the kid and want to see him go well and be given his fair share, given that others are having their fair share.

Cheers

I would have dropped Power from the side last week and not Ray. The logic for the decision is probably a match up issue in that Eade must see Power as having more utility in match ups at this stage than Ray. I suppose Power is fairly versitile in that he can play back, forward and on the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farren Ray on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back